Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
No joy with the platform-id as stated, also boot is a little different with this so I've attached screens. Clover/EFI as well. I'm unsure of this F2 + F4 option from the Clover Bootloader, doesn't seem to do anything....

Doing more testing between the two Lenovo T440p systems that I have. They appear to be the same model year and same hardware configuration. If I place the boot drive of the failing computer into the working laptop, I can boot from SSD and all is good. If I place the SSD from the working laptop into the not working laptop it does not boot. I've checked both BIOS settings and they are identical, and the hardware is identical. One PC boots, the other does not. I've checked RAM config and they are identical 4GB chips. This one seems weird, not sure exactly where the issue lies at the moment as the SSD stored on the not booting PC does boot on another identical machine. There has to be some hardware or something that is not identical that is stopping the not booting machine to not boot. Please let me know if there is anything more that I can provide for help (maybe more detailed data from CPU-Z on the not booting machine?). I'm unsure of where the next step should be, but think it can be worked out.

I will say that the USB installer will boot to the system on the not booting machine.

No joy with the platform-id as stated, also boot is a little different with this so I've attached screens. Clover/EFI as well. I'm unsure of this F2 + F4 option from the Clover Bootloader, doesn't seem to do anything....

misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2).
ACPI/origin/* is missing (you forgot to press F4).

Doing more testing between the two Lenovo T440p systems that I have. They appear to be the same model year and same hardware configuration. If I place the boot drive of the failing computer into the working laptop, I can boot from SSD and all is good. If I place the SSD from the working laptop into the not working laptop it does not boot. I've checked both BIOS settings and they are identical, and the hardware is identical. One PC boots, the other does not. I've checked RAM config and they are identical 4GB chips. This one seems weird, not sure exactly where the issue lies at the moment as the SSD stored on the not booting PC does boot on another identical machine. There has to be some hardware or something that is not identical that is stopping the not booting machine to not boot. Please let me know if there is anything more that I can provide for help (maybe more detailed data from CPU-Z on the not booting machine?). I'm unsure of where the next step should be, but think it can be worked out.

I will say that the USB installer will boot to the system on the not booting machine.

May be BIOS setting issue. Forgot to disable TPM?

Ok, so like I was saying, I'm unsure of how that even works. When I pressed F2 and F4 nothing happened. I pressed FN+F2 and FN+F4 and again nothing happened. The instructions are not very clear as to what I am collecting or how. In your information, where is this supposed to show up? Is there some visual feedback that lets me know this is going to happen?

I really would love to get this to you so we can figure it out and want to get you all the stuff you need, so I do apologize I haven't gotten that to you now.

May be BIOS setting issue. Forgot to disable TPM?

I think this is more of a config.plist issue at some point. Wouldn't the TPM not allow me to use the installer either? This is all after boot. I have two of these laptops and one is working perfectly. I stepped through all of the BIOS Settings side by side and everything is the same in BIOS between both machines. One of the laptops will boot both of the separate installs just fine, the other one is this one that won't boot either installs. I've been able to use the USB installer and I can boot the installed system from the USB, but I cannot boot from the SSD. So, this is why I'm having such an issue since the SSD installs and the SSDs from both of the laptops that I've been working on (both T440p) will not boot on this machine we are trouble shooting, but both boot from the machine that worked initially. Also, TPM is not an option in the BIOS as far as I can tell. Just Security Chip, which I have disabled. Is there another spot somewhere in the Advanced settings that I can see this?

Thank you for your help so far.

I think I have the preboot log and the origin file folder for you. I pressed F2 and F4, can't get that to go anywhere like an external USB. So I booted from the USB installer after failed boot and grabbed the files from the SSD EFI. Please let me know.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    99 KB · Views: 69
Ok, so like I was saying, I'm unsure of how that even works. When I pressed F2 and F4 nothing happened. I pressed FN+F2 and FN+F4 and again nothing happened. The instructions are not very clear as to what I am collecting or how. In your information, where is this supposed to show up? Is there some visual feedback that lets me know this is going to happen?

I really would love to get this to you so we can figure it out and want to get you all the stuff you need, so I do apologize I haven't gotten that to you now.

I think this is more of a config.plist issue at some point. Wouldn't the TPM not allow me to use the installer either? This is all after boot. I have two of these laptops and one is working perfectly. I stepped through all of the BIOS Settings side by side and everything is the same in BIOS between both machines. One of the laptops will boot both of the separate installs just fine, the other one is this one that won't boot either installs. I've been able to use the USB installer and I can boot the installed system from the USB, but I cannot boot from the SSD. So, this is why I'm having such an issue since the SSD installs and the SSDs from both of the laptops that I've been working on (both T440p) will not boot on this machine we are trouble shooting, but both boot from the machine that worked initially. Also, TPM is not an option in the BIOS as far as I can tell. Just Security Chip, which I have disabled. Is there another spot somewhere in the Advanced settings that I can see this?

Thank you for your help so far.

I think I have the preboot log and the origin file folder for you. I pressed F2 and F4, can't get that to go anywhere like an external USB. So I booted from the USB installer after failed boot and grabbed the files from the SSD EFI. Please let me know.

Is your BIOS up-to-date?

Is your BIOS up-to-date?

Have you gone through any of the troubleshooting files I’ve sent? Is there anything of significance in those that I can try?

Have you gone through any of the troubleshooting files I’ve sent? Is there anything of significance in those that I can try?

So far, no complete "Problem Reporting" files provided...

So far, no complete "Problem Reporting" files provided...

I've attached everything you asked for throughout this thread... Here they are all again in one place, so they are easier to get to. Archive.zip is from the F2 and F4 preboot files. 19362.zip is the troubleshooting from inside the OS (however, this is from when I boot from USB, so it might not be important). Clover.zip is my clover files in which I am currently using the config.plist named pc_config.plist on the SSD, the config.plist is the USB config list that boots. And all the boot verbose I could capture.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    99 KB · Views: 76
  • 19362.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
  • CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 73
  • 883AF6E0-84BD-4ABD-8A25-41E249B593CF.jpeg
    883AF6E0-84BD-4ABD-8A25-41E249B593CF.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 101
  • EBEA132F-5C66-4AF9-873E-3A03BBA61E2D.jpeg
    EBEA132F-5C66-4AF9-873E-3A03BBA61E2D.jpeg