Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I know this is the high Sierra thread. but.

Has anyone got a 4k monitor working from the Mini DisplayPort in Mojave? With default settings 2560x1440 is the highest resolution possible. 4k output works perfect under linux.

I've managed to get it somewhat working by changing the framebuffer-fbmem/stolenmem/unifiedmem/flags (+enable-hdmi20) in WhateverGreen. But if I change the stolenmem/fbmem values from default, some apps no longer work properly. e.g. Firefox just displays a white box (but you can still click around as if it was working), Google Chrome/Clover configurator have similar issues. (interestingly safari works OK).

So it looks like I need to increase the stolenmem/fbmem values but I don't know what values will get me 4K output and normal working apps.

FYI: I haven't modded my BIOS yet, I'm hoping it will unlock the DVMT options (?) so I can give those a try.
1080p only for me on an unmodded BIOS. I'm also waiting for the programmer to arrive to flash.

Does anyone have the cardreader working?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Does the modified BIOS also remove battery restrictions?
My girlfriend has a T440P with an aftermarket battery from "GreenCell". It's good quality, she's had it for a year, and now the laptop refuses to charge it. Throws an error at boot about "not genuine lenovo or authorized" battery.

Motherboard
Eglobal S200
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I would hope so. I also just ordered x2 57++ 9 cell non-Lenovo batteries from AliExpress.

Motherboard
T440P
CPU
I7 4600M
Graphics
GTX 730
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @Sniki , do you have any guide to control Fan speed for T440p via DSDT or SSDT?
I want to control Fan speed base on temp, although now it worked with BIOS, but I want to make Fan run at lower temp.
Thank you.

Motherboard
Eglobal S200
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Has anyone noticed bluetooth is working on the stock wifi card (Ericsson N5321) for the T440P in Catalina Beta 10.15 (19A471t)?

I've been able to connect to headphones and my phone file exchange.

As I have not yet unlocked my BIOS and exchange the card, bluetooth and wifi have previously been blocked for me in Mojave.

Can anyone else verify bluetooth is working in Catalina Beta?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Eglobal S200
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Has anyone noticed bluetooth is working on the stock wifi card (Ericsson N5321) for the T440P in Catalina Beta 10.15 (19A471t)?

I've been able to connect to headphones and my phone file exchange.

As I have not yet unlocked my BIOS and exchange the card, bluetooth and wifi have previously been blocked for me in Mojave.

Can anyone else verify bluetooth is working in Catalina Beta?
Weird.

It seems bluetooth is sometimes available in System Preferences on boot, sometimes not.

bluetooth.jpg

Updated to latest Beta.

Is anyone else able to connect on the stock wifi card?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus P8P67
CPU
Graphics
XFX5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I know this is the high Sierra thread. but.

Has anyone got a 4k monitor working from the Mini DisplayPort in Mojave? With default settings 2560x1440 is the highest resolution possible. 4k output works perfect under linux.

I've managed to get it somewhat working by changing the framebuffer-fbmem/stolenmem/unifiedmem/flags (+enable-hdmi20) in WhateverGreen. But if I change the stolenmem/fbmem values from default, some apps no longer work properly. e.g. Firefox just displays a white box (but you can still click around as if it was working), Google Chrome/Clover configurator have similar issues. (interestingly safari works OK).

So it looks like I need to increase the stolenmem/fbmem values but I don't know what values will get me 4K output and normal working apps.

FYI: I haven't modded my BIOS yet, I'm hoping it will unlock the DVMT options (?) so I can give those a try.
Any luck getting 4k output on the mini displayport? Would you happen to have dock and know if the dock will output 4k?

Looks good!
View attachment 384103

Regarding DSDT you can find it in the first tab in Clover Configurator under "ACPI" - scroll through the patches and see if you can find "Change BOD3 to HDAU" or else you can skip it.

Try it out and see if it works don't forget to reboot between changes in Clover.
I might have some other fixes for you if it doesn't work, I had the same issue and have tried to solve it for a few days and successfully managed to do so yesterday.
Hi,

I have the exact same problem ChewyJetPack had but the KextsToPatch and Change BOD3 to HDAU trick didn't work. :(. I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

Emba, do you have any trick left in your pocket ?

Marc,

Motherboard
T440P
CPU
i7-4712MQ
I used https://github.com/jloisel/t440p to get my T440P working in Mojave pretty much 100% (just the card reader, fingerprint reader, and WWAN don't work). alx_fix created by Tony works great; however, I cannot get audio to work out of the ultra dock. Power and ethernet work but the audio, USBs, etc do not. When I boot up on the dock, all is good, and audio comes out of the laptop speakers, then the headphone jack when I plug in, but when I plug into the dock's headphone jack, the other two stop working but no audio from the dock itself. When I unplug from the dock, audio goes back to the laptop. So it seems that auto detect is working on the dock, but audio is just not being routed there. Would love to get it working somehow.

Please help me! Everything is working fine as expected but the only problem i have with my t440p is that when i connect the charger the Hackintosh reboots randomly....