Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it says to move kexts into /Library/Extensions does this mean I should remove them from the EFI partition (clover/kexts/other)? Or should it be a mirror? It's confusing...

You should move them, not copy.

Put them into /L/E and remove from efi partition

I was able to create a new USB Kext that enables all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the laptop, integrated camera, bluetooth, and all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the ultra dock. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had zero issues. I am on Mojave... not Catalina. I attach the kext i made to this post.

Attachments

• USBPortsT440Pby2000c43.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 177
In addition, I finished a fun mod to the T440P to replace the factory power adapter with a USB-C power adapter. In my case, I'm using a 87W Apple power adapter. No issues whatsoever and gives me much more flexibility when needing to charge on the road and carrying one fewer power adapter since the USB-C adapter can pretty much charge anything.

In addition, I finished a fun mod to the T440P to replace the factory power adapter with a USB-C power adapter. In my case, I'm using a 87W Apple power adapter. No issues whatsoever and gives me much more flexibility when needing to charge on the road and carrying one fewer power adapter since the USB-C adapter can pretty much charge anything.

Any charging time benchmarks vs the older Lenovo connector?

I was able to create a new USB Kext that enables all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the laptop, integrated camera, bluetooth, and all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the ultra dock. I've been using it for a few weeks and have had zero issues. I am on Mojave... not Catalina. I attach the kext i made to this post.

Will test!

Last edited:
No benchmarks yet but I'm happy to drain the battery and charge it up with the computer on to see how long it takes. I never really timed how long it took with my 90W charger. The apple charger is 87W so I assume the charge rate and time would be the same.

Good work! Fixed my camera issue.

@Sniki I would like to know what configuration you used for your X240 with the original x40 series trackpad (aka. clunkpad). I'm currently struggling with some glitches on this trackpad that I use with the t440p such as, buggy 2 finger click/tap for menu, buggy gestures and very weird palm protection behavior. I've tried using multiple kexts but it seems that for every thinkpad it either defaults to t420 trackpad or t460 clickpad. I don't care for trackpoint usage since it's really useless with the clunkpad. Any ideas?

When I upgraded the stock i5 to the i7 4910MQ, the laptop would reboot black screen and warn AC is not sufficient. It needed a 135w charger instead of 65w to run.

Things you could try:

- Booting in safe mode from Clover and see if the reboots still occur.
- A different lenovo charger that matches the power requirements of your CPU.
- Check your BIOS settings to see the behaviour of your laptop is correctly specified under AC power.
- Update your drivers and BIOS with Lenovo Vantage.

I would expect the issue is with your charger if your laptop is stable with battery.
Hi,

I am facing the same situation here but with a i7-4810. Did you manage to fix this?

Hi,

I am facing the same situation here but with a i7-4810. Did you manage to fix this?

Put the stock CPU back in to debug.

If the laptop now boots, the issue will likely be that your charger does now have enough power for the 4810.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back