Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to update Opencore to 6.1. Can post the efi if anyone is interested.

I'm interested in seeing what's different in your config.plist. I updated, too. I updated all kexts (including itlwm) to September versions, except for the Broadcom stuff I don't use. I added the drive icons back for the boot menu, which I forgot in 0.6.0. Seems OK.

I still have problems with the dock HDMI, but I'm using the built-in miniDP with a miniDP-to-HDMI adapter. This workaround is acceptable to me because I only really need the dock for extra USB ports. My T440p is a desktop replacement, so I have not done any testing with the system on battery power.

Attachments

• EFI061.zip
    15.4 MB · Views: 169
I'm interested in seeing what's different in your config.plist. I updated, too. I updated all kexts (including itlwm) to September versions, except for the Broadcom stuff I don't use. I added the drive icons back for the boot menu, which I forgot in 0.6.0. Seems OK.

I still have problems with the dock HDMI, but I'm using the built-in miniDP with a miniDP-to-HDMI adapter. This workaround is acceptable to me because I only really need the dock for extra USB ports. My T440p is a desktop replacement, so I have not done any testing with the system on battery power.

There you go, Ive actually used your 0.6.0 EFI as a base and adjusted the changes from there.

I'm using Intel AX200 card so using itlwx instead of itlwm kexts, Also I removed all DW/BCM kexts and string from config.plist. And ofc adjusted some changes for 0.6.1 using OpenCore Sanity Checker and OCConfigCompare.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.5 MB · Views: 249
I updated the 0.5.9 EFI to 0.6.1, updated all the kexts execpt AppleALC, added itlwm, Ultrabay patch and the instant wake fix.

Big Sur boots now but audio doesn´t work because of the outdated kext and if you inject the newest version of said kext you can´t use ALCPlugFix

I wonder what he changed before compiling AppleALC

Don´t forget to transfer your serial, kids :p

Attachments

• EFI-OC0.6.1.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 237
Back again with a newly updated EFI.

Changes:
- updated to OC 0.6.3 (Support for 11.0 B10/11.0.1+)
- added AirportItlwm 1.2.0-debug (separated Catalina and BS versions through Min-/MaxKernel)
- removed Ultrabay hotplug patch as Big Sur would instantly kernel panic on boot
- Updated Kexts incl. AppleALC (ALCPlugFix actually works now for some reason)
- disabled Broadcom Kexts (re-enable them and delete/disable itlwm if using Broadcom WiFi)
- Updated OpenCanopy with Big Sur style Icons

What doesn't work:
- Bluetooth (injecting IntelBluetoothFirmware/Injector didn't help, not sure if it's a Big Sur issue)

Haven't tested:
- DP video output
- docking station (USB, Audio, Video)

As always, don't forget to transfer your serial

WARNING: Installer may take up to 15 minutes (no joke) to boot, should be back to normal once fully installed

Here's Big Sur running on my machine!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-03 um 00.06.04.png

Attachments

• EFI-0.6.3.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 444
Last edited:

Changes:
- added AirportItlwm 1.2.0-debug (separated Catalina and BS versions through Min-/MaxKernel)
- removed Ultrabay hotplug patch as Big Sur would instantly kernel panic on boot
- disabled Broadcom Kexts (re-enable them and delete/disable itlwm if using Broadcom WiFi)

What doesn't work:
- Bluetooth (injecting IntelBluetoothFirmware/Injector didn't help, not sure if it's a Big Sur issue)

Haven't tested:
- DP video output

WARNING: Installer may take up to 15 minutes (no joke) to boot, should be back to normal once fully installed

View attachment 494017
Which methods do you use to install Big Sur (updating through Beta Profiles or Big Sur Installer)?

And if I don't have the DW1820A cards, can I just remove the kexts and SSDT?

Last edited:
Which methods do you use to install Big Sur (updating through Beta Profiles or Big Sur Installer)?

And if I don't have the DW1820A cards, can I just remove the kexts and SSDT?
1. It works either way. In fact, I first installed it on a second drive to test it out before I then updated my main catalina installation.

2. Shouldn't be an issue, just make sure you remove the entries in the config.plist also

Using @sha1062 EFI and a bit of modification, successfully installed Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta and then update to Big Sur Release Candidate. Things worked great (even DP output that @sha1062 haven't tested).

Just that after update from 11.0.1 Beta to BS Release Candidate, the ALCPlugFix seems to have some problems, as it has a strong white noise when plugging in the headphone jack (after that noise audio to headphone still worked perfectly). I mean it's not a big deal, but reporting is helping people :D

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 02.11.03.png

FD6180FD-4853-4E31-BB18-ACE365DAFC95.jpeg

Changes:

What doesn't work:

Haven't tested:
- DP video output

View attachment 494017

Bluetooth is not working because the Bluetooth kext is not being loaded. This has nothing to do with Big Sur. I have the same problem with Catalina.
I guess is has something to do with OC6.3. With 6.2 it was working fine for me.

Maybe somebodys know how to setup up items for "Force" section in the PList and we could force the bluetooth kext to be loaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back