Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From From what I need I'm not missing anything so far. All gestures work, what issues then?

The problem is rather the touchpad is too small. But that's what Windows end-device manufacturers didn't learn in 30 years, they're not gonna discover it now.

From From what I need I'm not missing anything so far. All gestures work, what issues then?
Better and smoother Gestures, Power Management for both TouchPad and SMBUS related.

You have no problems because you have me :p :
to compile and revert the commit that broke Physical Buttons and TrackPoint since v2.1.3 of VoodooPS2, each update, i clone from source, revert that commit to the changes that broke it, build it, upload it (PITA).
The issue is on low priority list for Acidanthera and god knows when this will be fixed.

The problem is rather the touchpad is too small. But that's what Windows end-device manufacturers didn't learn in 30 years, they're not gonna discover it now.
That's true however it seems to me that it does work better with VoodooRMI (may i say better size utilisation ?)
Although it's not ready yet for release, will skip it this release.

I will add VoodooSMBUS and VoodooRMI on 0.6.1 or 0.6.2 depending on the developers on how long will it take to polish some minor things.

It is not even supported OOB yet, i added support for T440, T440S, T440P, L440, X240 locally and will send them a pull request later.

I just noticed my Bluetooth is not working, WiFi does though. I forgot I have a different WiFi card than the DW1820A I'll wait for your updates tomorrow to look into it...

I just noticed my Bluetooth is not working, WiFi does though. I forgot I have a different WiFi card than the DW1820A I'll wait for your updates tomorrow to look into it...

Do you a dual boot machine? I have same issue but am able to resolve if I shut down Catalina and boot into Windows. Then I reboot back to Mac and bluetooth works. :-/ Go figure...

Yes but I replaced the WiFi module by an Apple-genuine one. I fixed it, thanks, everything works now. OC is a real improvement, this is a great machine now.

anyone can help me, I get some KP on several time and when kext "itlwm" load on boot my pc slow down for opening apps like terminal, word, VLC

Here's a patch for the annoying instant wake while docked problem:

Put this in the array under ACPI / PATCH section of config.plist

Code:
<dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Instant Wake Fix ( IGBE _PRW 0x0D, 0x04 to 0)</string>
                                <key>Count</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <key>Enabled</key>
                                <true/>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                EgYCCg0KBA==
                                </data>
                                <key>Limit</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <key>Mask</key>
                                <data>
                                </data>
                                <key>OemTableId</key>
                                <data>
                                </data>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                EgYCCg0KAA==
                                </data>
                                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                                <data>
                                </data>
                                <key>Skip</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <key>TableLength</key>
                                <integer>0</integer>
                                <key>TableSignature</key>
                                <data>
                                </data>
                        </dict>

Or if you must muck about with plist edit pro:

Create a new entry under ACPI/PATCH in config.plist

Which has

FIND: 12 06 02 0A 0D 0A 04
REPLACE: 12 06 02 0A 0D 0A 00

You might notice this patch is very similar to "Instant Wake Fix" already present.

This does not fix the panic with dock screen connected; you still have to unplug external monitor to sleep.

I'm still using OC 0.5.9 and I have the latest unpatched BIOS 2.55 from Lenovo. Don't know if it matters. (If in doubt, get iasl from rehabman's bittbucket and check your own DSDT for _PRW in device IGBE.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back