Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
itlwm works with the original Intel 7260 wifi card in my T440p. No extra wifi card purchase, no BIOS mod needed.

It is a little annoying that there are NO instructions on how to set up so here's what I did:

Copy itlwm.kext to OpenCore's kext folder

copy heliport app to Applications.

Append the following to the kernel section of config.plist. You should see a bunch of other BundlePath keys nearby.
(I don't use fancy GUI plist editors because they are not always available, especially if your system won't boot and all you have is vi in Terminal on your USB drive.)

Be very careful editing config.plist: make a backup copy before you start and have your USB boot stick handy. One small mistake can make your system fail to boot.

Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>itlwm.kext</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/itlwm</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>

Run heliport and it should be obvious how to proceed.
Speed seems ok to me, but my internet sucks (max. 750 kilobytes/sec ) so I can't really evaluate.

So is one of these cumbersome config.plist entries is needed to load ANY kext in OpenCore?

Hi everyone. I'm running Mojave using Clover.
I'll try a fresh install when I'll have a spare SSD, since I'm using FakeSMC at the time. I got tired of the DW1820a a long time ago (half of the problems in this thread seems to be related to it) and got a Brcm94360NG. seriously, guides shouldn't be recommending the DW1820a, this card is terrible.

Anyway, Sniki's work here was very helpful to me and I grabbed some things to polish a bit my clover installation.

I have another Thinkpad, the L530 (with docking station working OOB except for audio jack) and I can't help but compare its sleep ability with the t440p. Both are set to hibernatemode 0.

Sometimes, closing the lid of the t440p won't sleep it, and it'll stay with a black screen, not sleeping. I'll have to open and close the lid several times so it either wakes or sleep properly.
Even when sleep is fine, the laptop is taking a long time to enter sleep compared to my L530 that shows the sleep led like 3 secs after I close the lid. I think that the T430 had the same kind of issues.
Am I the only one with this weird sleep behavior ? How could it be improved ?

Also, I modified a bit the values of the plist inside of VoodooPS2, and the trackpad works sooo much better. I'm using the OG Clickpad that everyone seems to despise.
To me, the feeling on it is nearly as good as it is on a MacBook Pro !

If anyone wants to try, here it is...

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    379.2 KB · Views: 60
Also, I modified a bit the values of the plist inside of VoodooPS2, and the trackpad works sooo much better. I'm using the OG Clickpad that everyone seems to despise.
To me, the feeling on it is nearly as good as it is on a MacBook Pro !

If anyone wants to try, here it is...
Can you document what you changed please ?
Which values ?

Can you document what you changed please ?
Which values ?

It is the info.plist inside of VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, after checking I only modified the ScrollResolution in
IokitPersonnalities/Synaptics Touchpad/platform profile/Lenovo/Thinkpad_Clickpad
ScrollResolution set to 950 instead of 800

btw the kext I updated isn't up-to-date, sorry about this

Hi all, i'm here again... Everything is working good and i'm tweaking my hackintosh, so far so good! My only actual problem is that i cannot make it identify my keyboard as in ISO en_GB keyboard... I have the big enter but it shows only ANSI Layouts, with the small enter like a shift button... I've tryed to identify the keyboard in settings but it says "impossible to recognise your keyboard" and if i force select the ISO type nothing changes... what can i do?

Hello,
I have a T540p with the same processor and GPU combination. Would you mind sharing your OC folder with we? Because I'm getting a reboot again and againg cause of some "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" error.
Maybe I'm missing something or it is related to bios settings which are very limeted in the Lenovos.
Thanks, Sebastian

First off thanks to @Sniki for this, works quite nicely with Catalina.
  • Did anyone try to update the kexts as they are bit outdated and does it work with the most recent OC?
  • Also why is CodecCommander needed, I thought AppleALC is taking care of its functionality?
Thanks!

Did anyone try to update the kexts as they are bit outdated and does it work with the most recent OC?
Guide updates should be up tomorrow. (OpenCore 0.6.0 and August Acidanthera kexts)
Also why is CodecCommander needed, I thought AppleALC is taking care of its functionality?
Because for now ALC3232 codec doesn't work well without ALCPlugFix, the static noise has currently no other solution.
ALCPlugFix needs a verb commander for hda-verb daemon, examples are VerbStub.kext and CodeCommander.kext so we must use codec commander only for ALCPlugFix so it can drive the verbs for it.

Guide updates should be up tomorrow. (OpenCore 0.6.0 and August Acidanthera kexts)

Because for now ALC3232 codec doesn't work well without ALCPlugFix, the static noise has currently no other solution.
ALCPlugFix needs a verb commander for hda-verb daemon, examples are VerbStub.kext and CodeCommander.kext so we must use codec commander only for ALCPlugFix so it can drive the verbs for it.
and for other codecs as well :) not a real pain, as long as it works though! :)

and for other codecs as well :) not a real pain, as long as it works though! :)
True, it does the job well so i see no reason to care about that.
I will experiment with it when i get time for that as it's really almost on the end of my ToDo list since it's working fine as it is right now.
However Apple does implement audio on the MacBookPro(s) in an odd way which i will give that one a try when i reach that part of the ToDo list (would be happy to see myself at those last checkboxes though) :crazy:

Right now i am experiment with VoodooRMI and VoodooSMBUS, debating whether i should add them on tomorrow update or skip them for the other one, still some polishing to be done and happening.

But it's solves the TouchPad problems that we had and have with VodooPS2 from Acidanthera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back