Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
no as i am refining the important things first.

Trim can be enabled in config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > ThirdPartyDrives > Enabled=Yes

Thanks. Everything is working so well, now. So much,much more stable than Clover. Even the button to open the optical disk works!Suspend seems to work well, but it logins automatically? Only thing left to test out is the card reader(I'm betting the VGA port doesn't work)

Thanks. Everything is working so well, now. So much,much more stable than Clover. Even the button to open the optical disk works!Suspend seems to work well, but it logins automatically? Only thing left to test out is the card reader(I'm betting the VGA port doesn't work)
So the button that opens optical drive didn’t work previously on Clover ?

about automatic login, you should leave it longer i believe, until it will normally go on login screen when you leave it on idle, same duration.

Card Reader works - should work.

VGA - No clue about that one, wish i could've found an affordable good condition chassis T440P, specs are no issue, could upgrade after.

I found 2 models in perfect condition and even used ones are same price as these two.
One of them is 8GB Ram, i5, 256GB SSD (no idea about screen resolution) 220 Euro
the other is 235Euro 4gb ram, i5, 500HDD, no idea about screen resolution, 1 year warranty.

I think it's a bit too much, i know they are really good but i can get a 10th gen Lenovo Laptop for 300-350.
Same thing with X1 Carbon, older models are overpriced as well.

Hi @Sniki .
The optical drive button works occasionally and sometimes it doesn't in clover.

220 euros is quite steep. Here a basic model with 4GB ram is about 150 euros.

Oh, is there any solution to the external display delay when I dock in my 40A2 ultra dock?

So the button that opens optical drive didn’t work previously on Clover ?

about automatic login, you should leave it longer i believe, until it will normally go on login screen when you leave it on idle, same duration.

Card Reader works - should work.

VGA - No clue about that one, wish i could've found an affordable good condition chassis T440P, specs are no issue, could upgrade after.

I found 2 models in perfect condition and even used ones are same price as these two.
One of them is 8GB Ram, i5, 256GB SSD (no idea about screen resolution) 220 Euro
the other is 235Euro 4gb ram, i5, 500HDD, no idea about screen resolution, 1 year warranty.

I think it's a bit too much, i know they are really good but i can get a 10th gen Lenovo Laptop for 300-350.
Same thing with X1 Carbon, older models are overpriced as well.
I wouldn't spend more than 150$(not euros) on a ThinkPad T440p. Only if it has a 1080p display. Try looking for one for 120 euros. I mean I bought mine last year for 130 euros, so this year it should be maximally that(well, the basic model i5, 4gb of ram, 768p and all that). IMO for 300 euros I'd just go with an used MacBook or try a T470, I mean the T460 isn't bad but an i7 T440p is faster than any T460 configuration and the T460 is much more expensive than the T440p
so the performance/buck isn't really good. 10th gen IdeaPads and the like have poor keyboards and build quality. For 300-350 euros you could get a newer Dell Latitude(which is basically the ThinkPad equivalent, but slightly less known. At least here in Eastern Europe) if you want a newer gen intel chip and a very good build quality and keyboard. They also feel a bit more "modern" than ThinkPads in some ways

I wouldn't spend more than 150$(not euros) on a ThinkPad T440p. Only if it has a 1080p display. Try looking for one for 120 euros. I mean I bought mine last year for 130 euros, so this year it should be maximally that(well, the basic model i5, 4gb of ram, 768p and all that). IMO for 300 euros I'd just go with an used MacBook or try a T470, I mean the T460 isn't bad but an i7 T440p is faster than any T460 configuration and the T460 is much more expensive than the T440p
so the performance/buck isn't really good. 10th gen IdeaPads and the like have poor keyboards and build quality. For 300-350 euros you could get a newer Dell Latitude(which is basically the ThinkPad equivalent, but slightly less known. At least here in Eastern Europe) if you want a newer gen intel chip and a very good build quality and keyboard. They also feel a bit more "modern" than ThinkPads in some ways
That’s why im saying.
I have already enough 4th gen ThinkPads so im not going for any of it, im not a heavy user so i will not waste time and money with that.

I already have the 13” Retina MacBookPro (Early 2015) with force touchpad.

Will check these Dell Latitude models.

T470 is still expensive here IMO.

If i go for another laptop these are my requirements:
- 8GB/16GB DDR4
- NVME
- KabyLake Refresh or above (because they are all quad core+ Even as i5)
- Precision Touchpad
- IPS/Amoled 1080p+ and 350+ nits
- Good Battery Life.
- Only Intel GPU
- Backlight Keyboard

Hi Sniki, might there be anymore updates coming up soon? On the dock user experience improvement or any.

By the way, headphone Jack doesn't work. As for Dells I'd only go with Latitudes or the XPS. They get quite good prices second hand which ain't bad. Inspiron gets good prices too, better than the former but I owned one for 2 years and it had the worst Keyboard ever and it was so, so fragile. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Hi Sniki, might there be anymore updates coming up soon? On the dock user experience improvement or any.
Always, just wait, you will see my update posts when they happen.
By the way, headphone Jack doesn't work. As for Dells I'd only go with Latitudes or the XPS. They get quite good prices second hand which ain't bad. Inspiron gets good prices too, better than the former but I owned one for 2 years and it had the worst Keyboard ever and it was so, so fragile. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone
EC reset solves the problem, but i will add the extra fix to prevent that for happening on the next update which includes docking station support.
As for Dell(s), Nah inspiron won't cut it, build quality is very important for me, i had a Lenovo V330-15IKB and i sold it because it crack at the hinge because it was freaking crazy paper weak plastic.
My tech is all in mint condition, i do take excellent care of my stuff, but it just cracked by gentle lid opens and closes and it was brand new when i got it. so no more of that. Keyboard is also important, because that's where i will get most of the work output on.

Anyone here replaced the cells of their t440p batteries by themselves before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back