Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks more stable now after the DW1820A fix. Haven't implemented the Bluetooth fix by karnadi. Dock sleep still causes reboot.

I am really glad moving to opencore, previously when using clover, my TWS always laggy and stuttering when listening to music, I have to stay close like 1m to the laptop to use my TWS. after using opencore I can walk to 10 metre without worry about losing connection. This problem really frustrating me when using clover. Thanks @Sniki for your work.

Hi, attached my ioreg from my system booted with the latest EFI provided, I've also added your DW1820A ACPI patch and BrcmFirmwareData.kext for my WIFI+BT issue, wifi works , have to try my BT headset soon but the BT device is actually present, so im fairly confident it will work fine.
Thanks for the IOREG
AppleLPC is loaded now and also ACPIACAdapter is loaded so the fixes did work.

I am really glad moving to opencore, previously when using clover, my TWS always laggy and stuttering when listening to music, I have to stay close like 1m to the laptop to use my TWS. after using opencore I can walk to 10 metre without worry about losing connection. This problem really frustrating me when using clover. Thanks @Sniki for your work.
Glad to hear it's working well for you.

Also: Please switch to the correct IOregistryExplorer app like mentioned in the Problem Reporting of Post #1, all the IOREGS that you send are corrupted and i cannot explore and see anything, i mainly need it because you have the dock.

Glad to hear it's working well for you.

Also: Please switch to the correct IOregistryExplorer app like mentioned in the Problem Reporting of Post #1, all the IOREGS that you send are corrupted and i cannot explore and see anything, i mainly need it because you have the dock.
here it is.

Attachments

• karnadi’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    8.4 MB · Views: 70
My ioReg using your EFI too. Using your recommended iORegistryExplorer from your link.

However bluetooth is not working. I've tried @karnadi method of BrcmFirmwareDatea kext insertion and added it in the config file too, but doesn't show bluetooth.

Will wait for more updates from sniki's side.

Last edited:
How's battery life on your EFI ? Looks really interesting

My ioReg using your EFI too. Using your recommended iORegistryExplorer from your link.

However bluetooth is not working. I've tried @karnadi method of BrcmFirmwareDatea kext insertion and added it in the config file too, but doesn't show bluetooth.

Will wait for more updates from sniki's side.
SMBIOS is wrong therefore USBPorts.kext doesn't match with the SMBIOS in use.

MacbookPro11,1 and MacBookPro11,2 are the ones that are supported the ones that are recommended to be used with these laptops.

Why are you using 12,1 instead ?

Not just your Bluetooth but your USB Ports are not configured/implemented at all.

Corrected the SMBIOS and

1) i have bluetooth and wifi working. However in Clover i get to see the Personal Hotspot with my DW1820A. Now i only see Wifi available.

2) Attached is my latest ioreg while connected to the dock. I also plugged every USB ports in my T440P and my dock.

3) When placing my T440P onto the dock connected to an external display, the transition takes 20 seconds instead of 5 seconds when using clover. I'm using HDMI 1.4, not 2.0.

4) When I close the Lid, the external display shows jumbled up display which is unreadable.

5) Rebooting or Sleeping while in dock still causes Kernel Panic and reboots and the report says Memory Corruption as usual.

Other than that, it's faster. Good work and keep it coming.

Last edited:
Is TRIM enabled by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back