Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: as i expected the Bluetooth problem is because you changed the SMBIOS.
The one in use is MacBookPro11,1 and USBPorts.kext is created to be used with that one, that's why you had no USBPorts.kext working or anyone else who changed.
Why did you switch to 11,2 ?
Sorry for the late reply I just woke up. It's morning here.

My previous Clover use 11,2. if I use 11,1 I am afraid will ruin my working i-mesage and etc. So I change the SMBIOS to match my previous hackintosh. Sorry for not being clear.

Do you still need the config.plist?

also what BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext do? i remove those and change it with BrcmFirmwareData.kext.

Sorry for the late reply I just woke up. It's morning here.

My previous Clover use 11,2. if I use 11,1 I am afraid will ruin my working i-mesage and etc. So I change the SMBIOS to match my previous hackintosh. Sorry for not being clear.

Do you still need the config.plist?

also what BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext do? i remove those and change it with BrcmFirmwareData.kext.
just in case you need it. here my config.plist
What I change is audio layout-id to 55, to make my docking audio work.I can't make it work using 15.
I try to enable bootchime.
replace BT4LEContinuityFixup.kex to BrcmFirmwareData.kext.
replace USBPort with USBInjectAll.
add boot arg with "-v brcmfx-country=US brcmfx-driver=1"
and change systemProductName to MacBookPro11,2.

Attachments

• karnadi-Config.plist
    40 KB · Views: 69
Is this log with OpenCore EFI that i provided here ?

Why those boot-args ?:

Boot args: dart=0 -cdfon kext-dev-mode=1 keepsyms=1 -wegbeta -lilubeta -alcbeta

Yeah sorry about that. Was using Clover.
Will wait for your fix on the DW1820A and will try again.

@karnadi your dock still have the panic issue when connected to external display? Tried letting it sleep while connected?

Ok so in general then, after researching the SMBIOS i models i could see why you guys are using the MacBookPro11,2

It is with a more powerful CPU with H series and it is Intel only which is good.

So from the conclusion of these posts, next update should have most of this changelog:
  • MacBookPro11,2 SMBIOS
  • Updated USBPorts.kext to match MacBookPro11,2 SMBIOS
  • FakeLPC Controller device-id in order to load, which is required on Haswell
  • Enabled FileVault support
  • Add a decent solution for DW1820A
  • Decide whether i should add the no-hda-gfx property or find the root cause of the problem.
  • Add Docking Station Audio Support.
  • Debug and attempt to fix Docking Station Video Output Kernel Panics while attempting sleep, shutdown or restart
@karnadi can you please enable config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > XHCIPortLimit and disable SSDT-USB if you create a custom USB SSDT with USBinjectAll.kext and reboot.

open ioreg and keep it open, plug, keep it 5sec and unplug a USB2 (mouse or whatever USB2 device) on each USBport (including dock), Repeat the same with USB3 device on all ports, After done, save a copy of ioreg that you kept it open during that process and upload it here.

Thanks for the feedback guys !

Ok so in general then, after researching the SMBIOS i models i could see why you guys are using the MacBookPro11,2

It is with a more powerful CPU with H series and it is Intel only which is good.

So from the conclusion of these posts, next update should have most of this changelog:
  • MacBookPro11,2 SMBIOS
  • Updated USBPorts.kext to match MacBookPro11,2 SMBIOS
  • FakeLPC Controller device-id in order to load, which is required on Haswell
  • Enabled FileVault support
  • Add a decent solution for DW1820A
  • Decide whether i should add the no-hda-gfx property or find the root cause of the problem.
  • Add Docking Station Audio Support.
  • Debug and attempt to fix Docking Station Video Output Kernel Panics while attempting sleep, shutdown or restart
@karnadi can you please enable config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > XHCIPortLimit and disable SSDT-USB if you create a custom USB SSDT with USBinjectAll.kext and reboot.

open ioreg and keep it open, plug, keep it 5sec and unplug a USB2 (mouse or whatever USB2 device) on each USBport (including dock), Repeat the same with USB3 device on all ports, After done, save a copy of ioreg that you kept it open during that process and upload it here.

Thanks for the feedback guys !

@Sniki
Instead of waiting for Karnadi check if my intiative is useful.

I'm using clover by the way. My usbports.kext is working well with the dock. When i change it with USBinjectall.kext, the dock does not work.

Here's my ioreg and hope it helps.

Thanks once again for your intitative. If you can fix the docking station video output, it will be superb.

Last edited:

Attachments

• ioregt440p.ioreg
    5.5 MB · Views: 66
  • EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 67
Guys i updated EFI on post #1

• Added FakeLPC Controller (will need an ioreg to confirm if it got fixed after you replaced EFI and rebooted)
  • Changed SMBIOS to MacBookPro11,2 (who has working ID(s) with 11,1 can still use 11,1 - User preference)
  • Added Docking Station USB2 and USB3 ports support to USBPorts.kext
  • Added MacBookPro11,2 support to USBPorts.kext (now both 11,1 and 11,2 works)
  • Enabled PowerTimeOutKernelPanic Quirk which is supposed to fix Digital audio issues (remove no-hda-gfx to test)
just in case you need it. here my config.plist
What I change is audio layout-id to 55, to make my docking audio work.I can't make it work using 15.
I try to enable bootchime.
replace BT4LEContinuityFixup.kex to BrcmFirmwareData.kext.
replace USBPort with USBInjectAll.
add boot arg with "-v brcmfx-country=US brcmfx-driver=1"
and change systemProductName to MacBookPro11,2.
Test new EFI, just add your SMBIOS values
Will add dock audio support later
BT4LEContinuityFixup does enable Continuity features like handoff etc. (required)
Use USBPorts.kext now as it should work ok now and is better replacement.
BrcmFirmwareData is legacy, now Only BrcmPatchRam3 and BrcmBluetoothInjector are required as the manual says.
@Sniki
Instead of waiting for Karnadi check if my intiative is useful.

I'm using clover by the way. My usbports.kext is working well with the dock. When i change it with USBinjectall.kext, the dock does not work.

Here's my ioreg and hope it helps.

Thanks once again for your intitative. If you can fix the docking station video output, it will be superb.
Broken IOREG files, upload with the correct version of ioreg recommended by the forum:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/
Hi , thx for your support. Attached my efi and ioreg as requested
How did you attach ioreg if you can't boot ?

Guys i updated EFI on post #1

• Added FakeLPC Controller (will need an ioreg to confirm if it got fixed after you replaced EFI and rebooted)
  • Changed SMBIOS to MacBookPro11,2 (who has working ID(s) with 11,1 can still use 11,1 - User preference)
  • Added Docking Station USB2 and USB3 ports support to USBPorts.kext
  • Added MacBookPro11,2 support to USBPorts.kext (now both 11,1 and 11,2 works)
  • Enabled PowerTimeOutKernelPanic Quirk which is supposed to fix Digital audio issues (remove no-hda-gfx to test)

Test new EFI, just add your SMBIOS values
Will add dock audio support later
BT4LEContinuityFixup does enable Continuity features like handoff etc. (required)
Use USBPorts.kext now as it should work ok now and is better replacement.
BrcmFirmwareData is legacy, now Only BrcmPatchRam3 and BrcmBluetoothInjector are required as the manual says.

Broken IOREG files, upload with the correct version of ioreg recommended by the forum:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

How did you attach ioreg if you can't boot ?
Hello, I took it from the working efi environment.
Actually If I set the bios to boot UEFI with CSM the progress goes on a bit more, but leads me to a black screen.
I'll try with the new EFI you posted.

Tried the new EFI. It can boot and has Wifi but no handoff with my DW1820A. When wake up from sleep, the wifi is disconnected and the icon cannot be clicked with a spinning colorful icon.

Tried the new EFI. It can boot and has Wifi but no handoff with my DW1820A. When wake up from sleep, the wifi is disconnected and the icon cannot be clicked with a spinning colorful icon.
Honestly those issues are DW1820A related.
Those cards are buggy and a PITA to optimize them, haven’t done anything about those yet.

can you please attach an ioreg saved with the new EFI that you are now using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back