Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly those issues are DW1820A related.
Those cards are buggy and a PITA to optimize them, haven’t done anything about those yet.

can you please attach an ioreg saved with the new EFI that you are now using.

On a 2nd try, i can't boot using your EFI anymore. It gets stuck right after the login screen. Can see the bottom dock but not the top bar. Had to shut down manually.

Used back the clover and used the ioreg using the software you recommended from your link. Here's the ioReg.

HOpe it helps.

It just that opencore won't change some config from config.plist. From config plist the only setting that applied is like AAPL,slot-name and model. but some configuration like compatible and pci-aspm-default is not applied. So I have to make the same config for the wifi using both config.plist and DSDT.
Thanks for this. The same DSDT setting for the dw1820a works for pci-aspm-default on the T440s :)

On a 2nd try, i can't boot using your EFI anymore. It gets stuck right after the login screen. Can see the bottom dock but not the top bar. Had to shut down manually.

Used back the clover and used the ioreg using the software you recommended from your link. Here's the ioReg.

HOpe it helps.
It’s not the problem with EFI, it’s caused from DW1820A card but since all of you seem to use and confuse with my EFI, i will have to fix this problem tonight.

IOreg from your Clover won’t do me any favor, i need one from my EFI so i can see which things are working.

Will update EFI tonight with DW1820A support.

Hello, I made it to boot with your new EFI, I had to reset bios settings to make it boot , as earlier I've changed some params related to the iGPU memory allocation. Once bios has been restored to default, I got it to boot even without the CSM module activated(pure UEFI). My DW1820A (WIFI+BT) is actually working even after waking up from sleep, for avoiding freezing or lockups I had to disable the ASPM on bios on the PCI lane where the wifi adapter is installed . Attached you'll find my ioreg, hope it can be helpful

UPDATE: As I've swapped the original screen with an IPS 1080p one , now I've also changed the resolution to 1920x1080. Once I rebooted the machine, screen is not working correctly, as it is totally blurry and unusable. Once i set the boot to UEFI w CSM the problem is gone.

Attachments

• t440pCBioreg.ioreg
    6 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Here's my ioReg too using your EFI. Hope it helps too.

Hello, I made it to boot with your new EFI, I had to reset bios settings to make it boot , as earlier I've changed some params related to the iGPU memory allocation. Once bios has been restored to default, I got it to boot even without the CSM module activated(pure UEFI). My DW1820A (WIFI+BT) is actually working even after waking up from sleep, for avoiding freezing or lockups I had to disable the ASPM on bios on the PCI lane where the wifi adapter is installed . Attached you'll find my ioreg, hope it can be helpful

UPDATE: As I've swapped the original screen with an IPS 1080p one , now I've also changed the resolution to 1920x1080. Once I rebooted the machine, screen is not working correctly, as it is totally blurry and unusable. Once i set the boot to UEFI w CSM the problem is gone.
Thanks for the ioreg.

csm is necessary to fix that problem, no other known solution to that so far, firmware issue as vit9696 said.

Thanks for the ioreg.

csm is necessary to fix that problem, no other known solution to that so far, firmware issue as vit9696 said.
Can it be because of missing EDID info, as the screen is not the original one?

Can it be because of missing EDID info, as the screen is not the original one?
No, and trust me, i tried everything to get rid of the ugly bios logo with CSM enabled so i can get just the lenovo in the middle with the UEFI non-csm one that you get.
Once a fix exists, i will include it right after.

Is this the ioreg frm yesterday updated efi that i uploaded ?

Here's my ioReg too using your EFI. Hope it helps too.
Corrupted Ioreg, you are using the wrong version, use the one i linked on the previous similar reply that i linked for you.

Is this the ioreg frm yesterday updated efi that i uploaded ?

Corrupted Ioreg, you are using the wrong version, use the one i linked on the previous similar reply that i linked for you.
Yes, its the latest ioreg ive extracted; btw now my t440p daily bootloader is your OC EFI :D Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back