Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case, I have been using a T440P for years to which I have put an i7-4910MQ. I use the extended battery. The truth is I'm very happy. In difficult tasks it gets quite hot, but I use the VOLTA program and it works great for me. I would not change it for anything .

I can't promise the T440P update for this week/weekend but during next week, i may say confidently that it will be up.

Lot of changes as you have seen in the T440s update.
All of them are coming to the T440P as well and expect a noticeable general improvement on performance, reliability/stability and also functionality.

FakeSMC is history, VirtualSMC is the future and YogaSMC is the cherry on top of it.
Native full keyboard support, fan speed reading, control, charging control, complete LED Control and support.
It has been ported from linux so almost every thinkpad functionality regarding SMC level, it is there.

I believe aside from the (most of these things that cannot be fixed, some can and may in the future):
- FingerPrint Reader
- DRM Content
- Nvidia GPU for dual Graphics T440p(s)
- Dock Kernel panic if sleep,shutdown or reboot when using external display on one of the dock ports.

Everything else should work at it's best.

I have been looking a lot for a T440P but i cannot find any on my country that is for sale/or for a reasonable price.

A quick opinion request from you guys:
- Is it better to get just the intel version
- Or is it better to get the one with Nvidia as well.

How does the nvidia GPU work on Windows and Linux, does it actually help in any intensive tasks depending on your use cases, would like some opinion regarding to that if i ever get my hands on any T440P.
awesome. I am still using catalina 10.15.7 just waiting for your update to upgrade to big sur.

I do have a 4700MQ CPU ready/not in use right now.
It was on my L440 that i did upgrade from the i5-4300M but i did revert it back for better battery life since it uses less power as my father is using the L440 now, his use case is mostly Web Browsing, Media Consumption, and some little Office use.
So for now i may have a decent Quad-Core CPU for a T440P, so i can buy/hunt for the cheapest one available, main criteria would be to have a decent and good shape chassis.
Display & TouchPad will be updated anyway, SSD is no discussion, it's a must !

HDD doesn't exist for me anymore, if i had only those two choices:
- i'd rather have an ancient laptop/desktop with SSD
- rather than the latest most powerful Intel CPU desktop but being forced to use a spinning HDD.
Not sure how much the 4980HQ does cost ?, any ideas ?
Why doesn't the DisplayPort work with that CPU ?, is it something on Windows 10 as well ?
4700MQ is great, you can use voltageshift in opencore an leave SIP on and still undervolt, change powerlimits, aswell as disable turbo, however it the 47W TDP can not be broken for times longer than 128 seconds, but by default lenovo will limit the TDP of any 47xxMQ CPU on T440P

4980HQ is taken from macbooks and soldered onto the PGA chip, i would highly advise against it! i believe the pins which use DP may not be connected or in the correct place. 4930MX or 4940MX better choice! :D but the gains over even a 4700MQ will be within 15%.

yes i am 99% sure it will not work on windows aswell.

running Samsung 870 Evo 1TB drive in mine, quite nice :)

looking to get a 480GB MTS430S from transcend soon for the M.2

I did upload the T440 and X240 guides which are up-to-date / on par with T440S (OpenCore 0.6.7)

Link to threads so anyone can go where he belongs:

Big Sur guides:
X240
users: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-x240-opencore-0-6-7-wip.311503/
T440 users: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440-opencore-0-6-7-wip.311502/
T440S users: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s-opencore-0-6-7-wip.311504/

T440P coming soon as well.
any updates on this? very curious to try your build as seen your posts confirming you have SD card working because i tried everything and still doesnt work. was able to get YogaSMCNC working but without DYTC Function, fan adjustment working fine tho. If you want someone to help with testing please message me.

It should've been up today but some higher priority stuff postponed it and took my free time i had to work on the files.

Been looking to grab a T440P but the prices are insane right now, the cheapest i could find right now is 280 Euros.
Will wait until i hopefully get my hands on a good one, i would be glad to find one with fried/damaged/not working motherboard just so i can get it for a cheaper price and have the chassis and the rest of the stuff and simply buy the motherboard and replace it. It only cost like 40 Euros on AliExpress with Nvidia GPU included.

Will be waiting to get my hands on one of them once i find a logical deal

@Sniki Would you mind pointing out a guide or a hint to what you do with the minimally renamed SSDT-BAT? I'm interested in porting it out to couple of my hackintosh (which includes T440P but maybe I should wait for you to upload that rather than doing it myself) I did decompiles it but I'm new to ACPI world and can't understand it fully yet.

Also have you tried newest YogaSMC with BAT0 only devices like T440P? Can't set the charging threshold on that one and had to revert https://github.com/zhen-zen/YogaSMC/commit/b4a4be2a74044a176d2441f9c80799fa8b03b464

Hey guys, i have some good news for all of you.

I finally managed to find a Lenovo ThinkPad T440P and i ordered it, it arrives tomorrow.
- It is the dual graphics model with GT730M
- Big double battery (Brand new Lenovo OEM)
- Intel Core i5 4210M
- 6GB of RAM
- 120GB SSD
- 1600x900 Display Panel
- FingerPrint Reader
- Literally no sign of cosmetic wear at all, it's like brand new, he send me the photos and it looks amazing.

I have all upgrades ready on my closet that i have collected during time because a T440P was on my wishlist for a long time and i have been preparing myself to get 1

Upgrades ready:
- 1920x1080 B140HAN01.3 IPS Display Panel FHD
- T450S TouchPad with physical buttons (pulled from a real T450S, not from AliExpress)
- Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor
- 2x 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram Slots

The laptop arrives tomorrow, excited and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Will finally be able to polish the T440P guide to it's finest :)

Stay tuned.

Incredible news !! You just made my week happy. Thank you for your work

Hey guys, i have some good news for all of you.

I finally managed to find a Lenovo ThinkPad T440P and i ordered it, it arrives tomorrow.
- It is the dual graphics model with GT730M
- Big double battery (Brand new Lenovo OEM)
- Intel Core i5 4210M
- 6GB of RAM
- 120GB SSD
- 1600x900 Display Panel
- FingerPrint Reader
- Literally no sign of cosmetic wear at all, it's like brand new, he send me the photos and it looks amazing.

I have all upgrades ready on my closet that i have collected during time because a T440P was on my wishlist for a long time and i have been preparing myself to get 1

Upgrades ready:
- 1920x1080 B140HAN01.3 IPS Display Panel FHD
- T450S TouchPad with physical buttons (pulled from a real T450S, not from AliExpress)
- Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor
- 2x 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram Slots

The laptop arrives tomorrow, excited and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Will finally be able to polish the T440P guide to it's finest :)

Stay tuned.
don't forget the MacOS wifi card ;)

make sure the trackpad is a synaptics and not an alps ideally, i have alps and it works good but i dont have full apple trackpad functionality. curious to see if your able to get the SD card reader on yours to work with macOS

will you be dual booting windows or linux?

hoping to see this next release with opencore 0.6.9 in a couple days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back