Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone dealt with this issue... "End RandomSeed +++++++++++++++"

After Clover comes up and INSTALL is selected, within seconds, it will automatically reboot this point. I'm reading that it's normally memory issues...

Dell 9010 SFF, i7 3770, 16GB RAM, with ATI 7470. BIOS is at A30. Using 2 SSD drives, one successfully installed Windows 10 Pro, the 2nd will be for Mojave (if I can get to the install).

Issues installing with USB (UniBeast created, MacMini6,2 profile). I'm stumped after 6 hours trying to troubleshoot.

After Clover comes up and INSTALL is selected, within seconds, it will automatically reboot at the "End RandomSeed +++++++++++++++"

1.) Tried 3 different USB sticks, fresh UniBeast each time.
tried using USB port directly on MB (concrete USB).
Now using a known-good previous Mojave install USB stick.
2.) Removed ATI 7470 card.
3.) Tried InjectATI and without.
4.) Removed all DIMM and put two 4GB into A1/B1...
and then tried A2/B2.
5.) Tried turning "Enable Legacy Options ROM" back on.
6.) Tried adding EmuVariableUefi.efi.
7.) Tried OsxAptioFixDrv.efi.
8.) Tried OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi.
9.) Tried newer version of Clover (4988).
10.) Tried -xcpm and KernelXCPM.
11.) Made sure DEBUG was unchecked.
12.) Looked over a few DEBUG.ZIP files from other 9010 folks to compare,
didn't see anything different (drivers, kexts, config).

Thanks

Last edited:
Keep the Windows drive disconnected during the macOS install. You have 2 Generate options checked in CC in your config.plist that you shouldn't have there, Get rid of Enable C6 as well.

You need to have HFSplus.efi in the correct folder as per the guide.

@trs96 ... thanks, that was one of many CONFIG.PLIST files I've tried. Not sure where those values came from, but I've copied the one from this tread install files.

HFSplus.efi is in DRIVERS64UEFI because I'm booting UEFI, not BIOS

Tried REHABMAN's CLOVER ... Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c ... Still No Joy... but now sticks at the "End RandomSeed +++++++++++++++" and doesn't reboot automatically.

Went back to a clean Clover_v2.4k_r4920 install, and added HFSPlus.efi ... see attached EFI.zip

Rolled back to a clean Clover_v2.4k_r4741 install ... trying each of the memory efi files out. No Joy.

Finally went back to Hardware/BIOS troubleshooting... fixed it with

CPU XD Support = Enabled

Somehow overlooked that one before. In any case, I'm past the End RandomSeed error.

Yes, I've seen that. It's a good one. There is a really great in-depth post for the Optiplex 7010/9010 Front I/O panel pinout here. This really explains that 20-pin port, what is being jumped, how the 4th SATA port is enabled, etc.

I will put my sleeper 7010 build in a post here on tonymacx86 into the Retail Cases section, and of course put a link here. I am waiting on a couple more cables. Should be here middle of next week or so.
Well, it took me a little longer than I anticipated, but here's my post over in Retail Cases.
Dell Optiplex 7010 mATX in an HP Pavilion a6000 case.
I hope you find it interesting and maybe even useful.

Can you help me? My sound card can't drive

Last edited:
Hi this may have been already discussed but I am having a issue with cloning the drive on 7010 Desktop.

Goal: Boot off of a replacement Drive.

I cloned the boot drive using carboncopycloner to clone the drive and now I am having issues betting from it. I think I need to reinstall some kexts but I am a bit unsure on how to do this, its been several month since I built this mackintosh.

I cloned the boot drive using carboncopycloner to clone the drive and now I am having issues booting from it
Did you copy over the EFI folder from the origin drive to the cloned drive ? That is mandatory.

Did you copy over the EFI folder from the origin drive to the cloned drive ? That is mandatory.
If the EFI folder is the folder with apple API and USB inject and stuff, I believe it's all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back