Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 Thank You very much man! i followed your 7010 guide and its working great!... can i use the Nvidia Quadro NVS 510 2GB (Fan Cooled) 4K@60Hz on this setup? thanks again man!!

@matoto installing Catalina will probably be mostly the same as Mojave but what the differences will be is difficult to say before trying. I installed Mojave and upgraded to Catalina but found I got a very unstable machine without sleep working. I decided to revert back to Mojave and wait for more to be learned about Catalina. If you do wish to try Catalina you will need to follow the general instructions for Catalina altered by the instructions on this thread and then altered again for what is known about the differences between Mojave and Catalina. If you do know enough about both OS's you can probably get a reasonably working machine but I suspect at this stage it will not be stable without a good deal of trial and error.

can i use the Nvidia Quadro NVS 510 2GB (Fan Cooled) 4K@60Hz on this setup?
Yes, it will work in either Mojave or Catalina. Nvidia Kepler works OOB.

Hi,
I'm running latest Mojave on 7010 usff with i7 and HD4000, everything works great.
Is it possible to use my UWQHD screen at its full resolution 3440x1440 ?

Hi,
I'm running latest Mojave on 7010 usff with i7 and HD4000, everything works great.
Is it possible to use my UWQHD screen at its full resolution 3440x1440 ?
You might need an app like SwitchResX or resextreme to get that. It's kind of hit or mis when using HD4000. If it doesn't work a GT 710 and it's HDMI 2.0 port has no problems with those ultra wide monitors.

Ok but I have an USFF, so can't add GT710.

Ok but I have an USFF, so can't add GT710.
Try HD4000 then and see if it works. Please, put your hardware, CPU/Graphics and from factor of 7010 Optiplex into your profile so we actually know what you have. Account details

Hi,
i'm enjoying my hackintosh since two months thanks to this guide and everything working great with Mojave 10.14.5!
I want now to upgrade from the iGPU HD4000 and I just bought a RX 560 LP. However, it stuck now with the new GPU at the apple logo boot screen. The progress bar decrease in speed and stuck at the end. I tried to inject with clover and play with differents settings:
Device ID ATI - 0x67FF1002 / x Inject EDID - Vendor ID 0x1002 / x Load VBIOS / x Inject ATI/ x RadeonDeInit
I also tried to change kext with last release of lilu and WEG and nothing change.
Is there something I'm missing? How can I investigate further/better on this issue?
I'm going to break something by putting and removing over my graphic card...

GPU working OK in Windows.
7010 SFF
i7-3770
HD4000

thanks

Last edited:
Did anyone have any success with a BCM94352 and mojave in a 9010 SFF? I've tried adding FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext using kext beast into /L/E, but the kext doesn't seem to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back