Contribute
Register

[Guide] Install High Sierra or Mojave on the Dell Optiplex 7010 / 9010 Desktop PC - Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the EFI folder is the folder with apple API and USB inject and stuff, I believe it's all there.
You need to mount the EFI partition first then look for it there after it's mounted.
If you didn't move it manually after the clone was finished then it isn't there on the EFI partition.
CCC never includes the EFI folder if you don't run a special script to do that.

Last edited:
You need to mount the EFI partition first then look for it there after it's mounted.
If you didn't move it manually after the clone was finished then it isn't there on the EFI partition.
CCC never includes the EFI folder if you don't run a special script to do that.
I see, thanks. I'll look into it when I get home.

For the first time, I have attached a USB 2.0 external spinning drive to the 9010 MT, running 10.14.5. Whenever the computer returns from sleep, regardless if I have the external drive plugged into a 2.0 or 3.0 port, macOS reports "Disk Not Ejected Properly". I see them on the desktop when I do get pass the password/login prompt. So far no detectable corruption but it concerns me.

Did you copy over the EFI folder from the origin drive to the cloned drive ? That is mandatory.
There is no sound on the rear panel, the front panel has output, but you want to switch。How can I make VGA output normally?Turning on hidpi does not take effect

Last edited:
I'm successful to install Mojave in my computer. Thanks!
My computer: Dell 7010SFF with CPU: i5 3470 & VGA MSI RX560.

I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful write-up. I was able to successfully install Mojave 10.14.5 on my Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF. And for those of you wondering, I was also able to successfully upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6 without any issues so far.

Specs on my system are as follows:

- Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF
- Intel Core i5-3470 (Intel 2500 graphics)
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- Kingston 240GB SSD
- MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 3.56.45 PM.png

Last edited:
Successfully upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6 too using built in upgrades on my DT model. Nice and smooth upgrade, restarted around 4 times and was done within 15 minutes.

Hello, Is there any way to speed up the CPU fan. It become hot and got to 90 degree celcius when rendering in FCPX or Compressor. the fan is clean and I already change the thermal paste.

Thanks

Hello, Is there any way to speed up the CPU fan. It become hot and got to 90 degree celcius when rendering in FCPX or Compressor. the fan is clean and I already change the thermal paste.
Thanks
Every fan control app I've tried has not worked on these machines. What you can do is install a 60 mm fan in the front and a hardware controller that lets you regulate the speed. iMacs that have the i7-3770 are hitting 90C temps all the time so this is not unusal when rendering large video files. It doesn't harm the CPU, it's just that the clock speed gets lowered (throttling) when temps get that high.

Screen Shot 19.jpg

How are you running an RX 570 in the SFF anyway ? Not sure how that is possible.
Are you sure it's a 570 and not a 560 ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back