Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Hi everyone and sorry for the absence, i was curious why on earth i didn't receive a single notification from this guide at all. for some reasons i am not receiving notifications from this thread, so i unwatched and watched again and checkmark the receive notifications, hopefully from now on i won't miss anything.

I see a lot of conversation and pages happened here, it will take me some time to read each one individually but i want to share just an ETA.

I did learn a lot of new things and my OpenCore experience now surpassed the Clover one.
Long story short.

All my guides will receive a final update for Clover and will be archived as i will move everything on my side to OpenCore now.
HP guide will be followed soon after.

I already published a Lenovo ThinkPad T440S; T440P; X240 (3x) guides with OpenCore and they are going very well.
I will update USBPorts.kext to include all matching SMBIOS models that can fit the HP Elite.
iMac13,1 13,2 13,3
MacMini6,1 MacMini6,2
etc.
Credits to @LisaAlterEgo for this and she also added support for the front hub if i recall correctly.

Maintaining OpenCore guides is a piece of cake and i can provide daily fixes on my side and the Acidanthera Monthly updates same day by me or next day (depending on your timezones).

So each month i will provide EFI with all latest updated kexts, OpenCore latest version etc.

Will check post as i have time and will try to answer your questions, hopefully from now on i receive notifications.

Thanks for the assistance @trs96

So looking forward to this, I did a little bit of upgrading to my rig. Finally on a i7-3770 chip, still running the 710 and I also upgrade my bluetooth to 4.2. I am itching to switch over to OC but failed on every attempt. Cant wait to see what the guide has to see where I kept going wrong. As always thank you for the support you provide with these tutorials. Lord knows OC is new game and seeing all these it took me 4 days post are scary LMFAO. I followed the tutorial they offer on Dortania but mine just boots back to Windows.

I am on OpenCore. I created all the SSDT I needed in windows except for the file @LisaAlterEgo mentioned. First boot took a minute. After the install it seems faster. I’m only testing this out for now until a official guide comes out so that I can compare what I did vs what @Sniki recommends. OpenCore is actually pretty cool once you breath and start examining the errors to fix.

Hi everyone and sorry for the absence, i was curious why on earth i didn't receive a single notification from this guide at all. for some reasons i am not receiving notifications from this thread, so i unwatched and watched again and checkmark the receive notifications, hopefully from now on i won't miss anything.

I see a lot of conversation and pages happened here, it will take me some time to read each one individually but i want to share just an ETA.

I did learn a lot of new things and my OpenCore experience now surpassed the Clover one.
Long story short.

All my guides will receive a final update for Clover and will be archived as i will move everything on my side to OpenCore now.

I already published a Lenovo ThinkPad T440S; T440P; X240 (3x) guides with OpenCore and they are going very well.
I will update USBPorts.kext to include all matching SMBIOS models that can fit the HP Elite.
iMac13,1 13,2 13,3
MacMini6,1 MacMini6,2
etc.
Credits to @LisaAlterEgo for this and she also added support for the front hub if i recall correctly.

Maintaining OpenCore guides is a piece of cake and i can provide daily fixes on my side and the Acidanthera Monthly updates same day by me or next day (depending on your timezones).

So each month i will provide EFI with all latest updated kexts, OpenCore latest version etc.

Will check post as i have time and will try to answer your questions, hopefully from now on i receive notifications.

Absolutely cant wait!! Thanks so much for your and LisaAlterEgo's hard work.

Long story short.

iMac13,1 13,2 13,3
MacMini6,1 MacMini6,2
etc.

Hi Sniki,
Amazing i cant wait to shift to open core using your guide this will be as honor and privilege, :)
i am very much looking forwards to this :D

i did the same too tested the open core and i did manage to boot but
So looking forward to this, I did a little bit of upgrading to my rig. Finally on a i7-3770 chip, still running the 710 and I also upgrade my bluetooth to 4.2. I am itching to switch over to OC but failed on every attempt. Cant wait to see what the guide has to see where I kept going wrong. As always thank you for the support you provide with these tutorials. Lord knows OC is new game and seeing all these it took me 4 days post are scary LMFAO. I followed the tutorial they offer on Dortania but mine just boots back to Windows.

i did the same too before at the time the OC vertion was 0.5.5 but failed i did manage to boot to the install area but could not install the os my screen goes black and i tried iGPU input in the plist and external input using ProperTree no luck i'm also Gt-710 gpu so i cant wait for sniki's open core guide i am so excited

So everything was working when I had rx560 with i5 3475s (hp 6300 sff). However, when I changed to and rx570 (I got this working in windows with riser and externa power supply), I get a black screen (sometimes it flickers) half way after apple logo shows up on boot. If I touch my keyboard after the screen goes black, I can hear sound of the system working. Ive randomly managed to make display show up like twice (not sure how I did this, I remember just ignoring it for a long time/pressingpowerbutton/turn display on and off/reinserting HDMI).

Same thing happens if I try to boot up installmedia.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

(I got this working in windows with riser and externa power supply)
Question 1: Which Riser Cable do you use?
Question 2: Is it possible to display when connecting RX560 to Riser Cable, but not when connecting RX570?

i did the same too tested the open core and i did manage to boot but
Doesn't the guide below work?

Please modify the config.plist below

Hi everyone! I've been using this build for a couple weeks without any flaws. However, I recently purchased and installed a Yeston RX 550 into my build, and it's works OTB.

However, it doesn't show my bios / clover screen, and will just have a black screen until I get to the login.

I tried testing my theory by removing the graphics card and using the IGPU via DisplayPort, and bios/clover will still show there.

Thanks!
John

Question 1: Which Riser Cable do you use?
Question 2: Is it possible to display when connecting RX560 to Riser Cable, but not when connecting RX570?

Answer 1: I got it from walmart, but as I said above, rx560 works perfectly with the riser cable (its also full size and not low profile). So I dont think riser is the issue here.
Answer 2: Yes. Again, its perfect with rx560. The only difference between the two is that rx570 requires additional psu power and is connected by an 8-pin to an ext psu. Also, Ive randomly managed to get rx570 to display before.

Also, both cards works perfectly in Windows 10.

Back