Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Im able to control the situation and replicate it most of the time now. I dont even have to be idle. As I long as I long-press the power button, (probably around 3 sec), but not long enough for a force shutdown, I amble to put my pc into sleep. When the power indicator is dimmed and all the computer parts make no sound, Im able to awake my pc from sleep with display working

I think it is the specifications of RX570.
The fan will rotate when the power is turned on or when the temperature exceeds 60 degrees.

Applemenu->sleep

As for what I was trying to do, I was trying to follow the guide below with SMBIOS=Macmini6.1.
It doesn't work unless SMBIOS=iMac13.2 according to the guide.
My gpu definitely doesnt reach above 60 deg lol. Do you have any clue of solving this though?
Also... interesting. With the configplist u modififed for that guy, I now have an 27 in imac (so yeah, that means i have imac13.2 smbios as Im using the one you modified)
Another things, Once my screen is awaken once. I have no trouble with click sleep from the apple menu and have it functioning normally

Last edited:
My gpu definitely doesnt reach above 60 deg lol. Do you have any clue of solving this though?
Also... interesting. With the configplist u modififed for that guy, I now have an 27 in imac (so yeah, that means i have imac13.2 smbios as Im using the one you modified)
Another things, Once my screen is awaken once. I have no trouble with click sleep from the apple menu and have it functioning normally

Or just look back at anything @LisaAlterEgo has wrote.

Try enabling legacy support in BIOS and see what happens.

I disconnected the graphics card, enabled legacy support and it booted up fine with the IGPU. I shutdown, and installed the graphics card, and it just seemed to boot loop every 15 seconds.

The green LED for the power would turn on, and then it'll shut off, and restart. Nothing would show on the screen. I had to disconnect the graphics card again, disable legacy mode.

Hrm, I'm stumped. Maybe there's something with this Yeston RX 550 (which is basically a RX 460).

Maybe there's something with this Yeston RX 550 (which is basically a RX 460)
I think you're right, it's probably a 460 and they modified the Vbios and customized it to make it look like a 550. These are the problems you get when buying stuff direct from China and not using the big name brands like Sapphire and Gigabyte. No one has ever reported this issue when using an MSI RX 560 or similar cards.

Last edited:
I think you're right, it's probably a 460 and they modified the Vbios and customized it to make it look like a 550. These are the problems you get when buying stuff direct from China and not using the big name brands like Sapphire and Gigabyte. No one has ever reported this issue when using an MSI RX 560 or similar cards.

I tried something else, I enabled legacy support and disabled the serial port. I reconnected the graphics card and it did the "boot loop" dance a few times, and started up! I restarted, and now I get a BRIEF blip of the bios screen and the full five seconds of the Clover screen.

I shouldn't have trusted the Yeston fully, but trying to get my hands on a MSI Rx 560 LP for less than 150 is almost impossible.

Thanks for your help trs96!

Or just look back at anything @LisaAlterEgo has wrote.
Not exactly sure I was supposed to take about those comments. Like my rx570 has always been primary in bios, and in the past I didnt even have igpu activated. Either way, I tested with/without my igpu, and nothing changed. I also tried the boot arguments such as pikera and shikigva=....

I have no audio output via HDMI, it used to work when I had the GX710 but since installing the RX570 (which should work OOB) I have no audio.

HP8300>Catalina>RX570>HDMI>amp

I have lots of HDMI output devices but none of them work, any idea what I should look into to find a fix please?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.40.20.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.40.20.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.42.06.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.42.06.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 59
Anyone have the OpenCore info for the DPort on a 8300 i7-3770? Also if you have info on the 710. Maybe I can get DRM working for AppleTV (episodes go green once they start). I tried a few different settings but no luck as far as boot arguments go.

Anyone have the OpenCore info for the DPort on a 8300 i7-3770? Also if you have info on the 710. Maybe I can get DRM working for AppleTV (episodes go green once they start). I tried a few different settings but no luck as far as boot arguments go.

Its a little unclear what version of macOS and SMBIOS you are using. With 10.15.6 beta, and SMBIOS
set to iMac13,2, the boot argument shikigva=256 works for AppleTV. I believe this may be software
coding. You probably need to set Nvidia as the primary GPU in BIOS, and may need to disable the
IGPU in BIOS. I don't have problems with dataport using a GT730 Kepler, but it wont work with my
2560 x 1080 monitor on any video port. It works on all ports with a 1080p (1920 x 1080) monitor.

Back