Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it. Would these steps look reasonable?
  • Boot to my working Hackintosh drive MACOS8300
I did a mojave to mojave install that involved - building on the original machine but with a new ssd, using the new method, then using a usb copied the whole of the efi folder from the new ssd to swapping back the old one (renamed old efi folder) and then checking I had all the right and none of the wrong kexts in /library/extensions.
It worked first time - but is not reccomended as a useful upgrade the differences between 6,1 and 13,2 sys defs may throw your serial numbers etc out.

Got it. Would these steps look reasonable?
  • Boot to my working Hackintosh drive MACOS8300
  • Download a fresh Mojave from App Store (I'm trying to avoid USB Install)
  • Erase/Format and Install Mojave on MACOS (a new SSD)
  • Restart the machine and boot to MACOS to ensure it's running fine on the new SSD.
  • Restart and boot to MACOS (newly installed Mojave)
  • Follow Post Install section of this guide
You'll want to put the Mojave installer on a 32GB or smaller partition on a hard drive or a USB drive. You then boot the installer from that drive via a USB connection. Use the create install media method as in the guide.

Last edited:
If any one has working ssdt for an i5 3570 which was made one of these machines, would they post it please.

If any one has working ssdt for an i5 3570 which was made one of these machines, would they post it please.
I don't own a 3570 only the 3470 CPU. You can create your own quite easily.
There's a section in post install of this guide that gives the terminal commands you can use.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Have done other CPU's but this one seems not to work - if somebody has one, Im hoping to troubleshoot without bothering others.

I just installed Mojave last month using the other guide on a spare SFF 8300 with HD4000 only. I don't have much installed on the computer yet so I don't mind wiping the hard again and redoing the installation if it will work better in long run. My question is regarding iMessage. Does apple register the mac address of your ethernet card? I'm just worried it will screw up iMessage if I have "another" machine with a different model and serial using the same mac address. Or is this really a non issue. Should I log out of all iCloud services before wiping?

Hello. Just set up dual boot - HP 8300 MT (Mojave), with an I7-3770, HD 4000. I used Sniki's excellent and thorough guide.
THANK YOU SNIKI!
Looking pretty good, but I iTunes is loading very slowly - taking anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. I have my my itunes Library on a 2GB HDD with about 4500 songs. I have the Library itl on the HDD as well. This situation worked fine under Mountain Lion on a different dual boot machine running an i5 processor and same amount of memory (16GB)
Any ideas what the problem might be? Is there an appropriate Kext that can solve the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Hello. Just set up dual boot - HP 8300 MT (Mojave)
Are you dual booting with Windows ? Is it on the same drive as macOS ?

Are you dual booting with Windows ? Is it on the same drive as macOS ?
Yes. Should I load up Itunes on Windows 10 and see how that performs?
Thanks TRS 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back