Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96 OK here you go. I also ran a 'pmset -g assertions' just to see what was going on there. Both logs attached.

Looks like its the Avira anti-virus software. The CFPasteboardRef errors seem to be related to it. I just uninstalled, rebooting, will see if that allows sleep. EDIT - that didn't do it.

Attachments

• pmset -g.txt
    557 bytes · Views: 54
  • pmset assertions.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
@trs96 OK here you go. I also ran a 'pmset -g assertions' just to see what was going on there. Both logs attached.
Looks like it might be the anti-virus scanner software? Odd because this worked fine in El Capitan.
I would test by removing, one by one, each device plugged in via USB. Put it to sleep and see how it responds.
If you rule all of those out then look at other things on the software side.

Tried removing USB devices one at a time (keyboard + wireless mouse, printer, USB hub) and no luck. Still won't stay in sleep mode more than 2 sec.

Tried removing USB devices one at a time (keyboard + wireless mouse, printer, USB hub) and no luck. Still won't stay in sleep mode more than 2 sec.
Not sure what's going on. Hopefully Sniki will look at all your PR files and suggest a solution. Just avoid sleeping it for now. If you've installed to SSD it should be booting fast enough that you can shutdown instead of sleeping it.

I'm going to post a few notes about my install process to hopefully help Sniki. I'll try to do this along the way as I find things I thought were unclear.

In the creating the USB installer section I noticed these two things:

(1) In Step 2 the options given to me by disk utility differed from the ones in the guide. I chose:
Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
GUID Partition Map

I'm pretty sure those map to what is shown.

(2) In Step 4 I downloaded the latest versions of RehabMan's files and the Release versions of the other files. I'm assuming that is correct, but I could see that step being confusing to some.

That's as far as I'm getting today, I'll post again if I find anything else.

Hi folks,

I just wanted to report that I successfully upgraded from Mojave 10.14.2
to 10.14.3 using Software Update. Everything went smoothly and no problems
noted so far.

Afterwards, I upgraded my clover from 4844 to 4861, again with no problems.

I think I see a small improvement in Geekbench 4 Compute metal scores and
framerate with OpenGL in Cinebench OSX. I also note improved scores turning
off FixHPET in my config.plist, but I lose some of the ALC221 functionality with
it disabled.

I also removed FakeSMC and its driver, and tested VirtualSMC version 1.02 with
its driver instead. I don't see much difference and am just using its basic functions
so far. I don't know anything about the SMCSuperIO.kext, the SMCProcessor.kext,
SMCLightSensor.kext, or SMCBatteryManager.kext, and whether they apply to an
8300. There's some info on

https://github.com/acidanthera/VirtualSMC/blob/master/Docs/FAQ.md

Lisa

[EDIT - SOLVED] I had an errant kext from prior install in ~/L/E. removed that and all good. When I used Migration Assistant to move user over it must have pulled kexts into Extensions folder, even though I unchecked "other files and folders". If anyone is using Migration Assistant, something to be aware of - watch that folder like a hawk.
This shows why we've emphasized the clean install option as a necessity when following this guide. Any old stuff left over from a previous install can muck up the function of the new install. It really makes troubleshooting more difficult to apply to a new Mojave install.

This shows why we've emphasized the clean install option as a necessity when following this guide. Any old stuff left over from a previous install can muck up the function of the new install. It really makes troubleshooting more difficult to apply to a new Mojave install.
Do you recommend sticking to manually copying user files over, or is there an easier safe method (since Migration Assistant apparently can have issues)?

Do you recommend sticking to manually copying user files over, or is there an easier safe method (since Migration Assistant apparently can have issues)?
That's what I usually do. I connect the old SSD via internal Sata boot up the new drive and then move old files to the new install.

I've never had issues in the past with Migration Assistant after doing a clean new install (my install was clean, not over an old one), as long as I uncheck "other files and folders" as it seemed to avoid root-level folders on the drive. Obviously that is not the case anymore so I'll manually move stuff over going forward. Not sure if my non-functional sleep issue is related, but it could be. I might try another install on a spare drive to troubleshoot that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back