Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide has been updated
Changelog:
- Removed SSDT-ALC221 and CodecCommander.kext (AppleALC.kext now does support all these features natively)
- Removed SSDT-USB and USBInjectAll.kext (Now we use USBPorts.kext)
- Removed SSDT-LPC (moved the fake LPC injection into config.plist /Devices/Properties)
- Removed All config.plist /ACPI/DSDT/Patches like SAT0 to SATA, EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 as some were just cosmetical and some have been replaced with better alternative - kext.
- Updated the guide and cleaned up a lot of mess.
- Add some extra notes

Recommendations: a lot of stuff has been changed, so i recommend each and everyone of you to read it one more time and cleanup your setups as it is not the same as it used to be, it is much better, cleaner and smoother now.

Enjoy !

Awesome work, looking forward to having a play whenever it happens!
Updated guide is here, give it a try and see how it works. Note that all kexts are now in EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder instead of in /L/E. VirtualSMC or FakeSMC (for those using that) shouldn't be in /L/E if that's where you have it.

Note: about kext installation
From now on, all kexts should be kept into the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and it's not necessary to install them into /Library/Extensions/ anymore and in fact it's not even possible anymore on macOS Catalina and above without some additional work.

Last edited:
I'm still running HS using the old (pre-Sniki) method. I did install Mojave on a separate drive following this guide last year, but haven't switched over. Given that OpenCore seems to be the future of Hackintoshing, would that transition be another completely new install, requiring a new S/N etc., or would an install following this guide be able to be converted eventually?

Thanks again for all of the great work you guys do.

Would that transition be another completely new install, requiring a new S/N etc., or would an install following this guide be able to be converted eventually?
As long as you keep using 6,1 SMBIOS it doesn't matter if you update the bootloader or switch to OC. As I said above the big change with this new guide is keeping all kexts in kexts/other rather than /L/E. You don't have to clean install for this new version of the 8300 guide if you remove those first then install the newest linked kexts to the "other" folder. It's just drag and drop to put kexts in other. No need for Kextbeast or Terminal commands to install them.

OK, thanks. Thant's good to know. I'll probably start from scratch regardless, just because there have been quite a few changes since I followed the guide, and I never actually used the install for much other than checking out Mojave a bit.

Enjoy !
Catalina has a series of questions and answers about advanced technology, so I will ask you a question here.

Should I store both "SSDT-EC.aml" and "SSDT.aml" created by "Power Management"-> Custom SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh in EFI / Clover / ACPI / Patched?
Or just store "SSDT.aml"?

Should I store both "SSDT-EC.aml" and "SSDT.aml" created by "Power Management"-> Custom SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh in EFI / Clover / ACPI / Patched?
They should both be kept in the patched folder. This is what the guide in post #1 says:

Into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
add the SSDT-EC.aml from my repo

They should both be kept in the patched folder. This is what the guide in post #1 says:
Thank you, I've always had only "SSDT.aml".
I want to fix it.
I modified to store both ”SSDT-EC.aml” and ”SSDT.aml”.

Last edited:
Updated guide is here, give it a try and see how it works. Note that all kexts are now in EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder instead of in /L/E. VirtualSMC or FakeSMC (for those using that) shouldn't be in /L/E if that's where you have it.

I'll have a play this week sometime. I don't have anything in /L/E so it'll be updating and moving other bits. Thanks gents!

– – –

Also happy that a Nvidia Quadro K600 works OOB in Catalina, and runs a 4K display quite happily so far. Usage for general browsing, basic graphics is good, maybe spiking to a quarter load when watching 1440p video in Chrome. i5 3570 is at half on all four cores however lol.

full

Also happy that a Nvidia Quadro K600 works OOB in Catalina, and runs a 4K display quite happily so far. Usage for general browsing, basic graphics is good
Yes, those Quadro K600s are really a great value for budget Catalina graphics. Now that 4K monitors are lower in price it makes 4K easier to implement. With the high resolution Catalina Wallpapers that must be great to look at on that monitor. What differences have you noticed by moving all kexts to the other folder ? Smoother boot ups ? Better graphics performance etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back