Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have no idea if someone here has already got this problem, but I will try to explain it.
I flashed the bios to 2.99 with no trouble, then I changed the settings. The problem is that after that, I tried to boot on Windows and got a bluescreen.
I think it’s because I changed IDE to AHCI, but Windows was still using IDE..
So now, the PC won’t boot at all. It turns on, but there’s nothing displayed and after few seconds the fan goes crazy.

Any idea ?..

It sounds like a bad BIOS upgrade. Can't you still change your BIOS
settings and check if its the ACHI change? You might try loading 2.99
again, or try going to 3.04 or 3.07.

Thanks for the reply.
I cannot access the BIOS unfortunately. I already tried a clear CMOS, but I think I will try again and also maybe I will try to boot without RAM and hard-drive.

Edit : Tried without RAM and hard-drive, got beeps so I guess my motherboard is not dead— I hope so.

Edit 2 : This time, tried with only one memory card, still no HDD. Same problem as before, no display and after some time the fan goes crazy..

Edit 3 : Tried another clear CMOS, removed the gpu, using only one memory card, still no HDD. No changes

Edit 4 : Tried another clear CMOS but this time with the yellow CMOS button (Didn’t see it the first time because of the gpu..) I got 5 short beeps, silence, 5 more beeps then the green led turned off and the fans became louder. Could it be the CPU ?..

Last edited:
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 560 4GB

This is the lowest cost, OOB compatible new AMD card you can buy. AMD cards have native support in macOS.

After $20 Rebate it's just $105 - rebate offer is good till the end of this month 2/28/19
See it at Newegg

Note: It will only fit in the HP 6300 Pro MT or the HP Elite 8300 MT as it is a full height card.
Needs no 6 pin supplemental power so your existing HP PSU can easily power this card.
You can connect this to a 4K monitor via DP 1.4 and have smooth and clear 60Hz graphics on your HP system.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
I cannot access the BIOS unfortunately. I already tried a clear CMOS, but I think I will try again and also maybe I will try to boot without RAM and hard-drive.

Edit : Tried without RAM and hard-drive, got beeps so I guess my motherboard is not dead— I hope so.

Edit 2 : This time, tried with only one memory card, still no HDD. Same problem as before, no display and after some time the fan goes crazy..

Edit 3 : Tried another clear CMOS, removed the gpu, using only one memory card, still no HDD. No changes

Edit 4 : Tried another clear CMOS but this time with the yellow CMOS button (Didn’t see it the first time because of the gpu..) I got 5 short beeps, silence, 5 more beeps then the green led turned off and the fans became louder. Could it be the CPU ?..

The beeps mean the system is detecting a serious fault that prevents booting.
You can find references online that associate the number of beeps with the
detected fault. I think 5 beeps is a microprocessor fault, but double check.

I've seen motherboards with bent pins in the cpu socket that cause a short.

The beeps mean the system is detecting a serious fault that prevents booting.
You can find references online that associate the number of beeps with the
detected fault. I think 5 beeps is a microprocessor fault, but double check.

I've seen motherboards with bent pins in the cpu socket that cause a short.

Yep it seems like 5 beeps could be the CPU.. But it seems like it can also be a memory issue or motherboard. It’s pretty vague..
It’s weird though. It doesn’t always beep, however I’m able to make it beep everytime I try to boot without the RAM (Kinda normal.)
To be honest, I have no idea what’s happening anymore.

I don’t think it’s the memory. I tried with the original memory cards then with the new ones I bought not so long ago.

And I don’t know why the CPU would suddenly stop working in this situation..
I have no idea what’s happening to be honest. I hope HP will be able to give me a solution.

You might check:
and
particularly the sections on AMI

I have indeed already seen the first link
I will see if I can use the warranty.. I don’t think I could find a good solution to fix it by myself. I tried with different memory cards, not always with the same slot and nothing happened. It would probably cost less to get a new computer than repairing it with new parts lol.
Thank you for your help anyway !

I've successfully got my hackintosh running using these instructions on 10.13.6. However, I'm running into an issue where I am unable to boot into the BIOS or Clover once I install a second hard drive in the SATA1 port. I get stuck at the HP logo screen with no other text, and if I try to enter the BIOS, I can see the menu title in the bottom right corner (Boot selection, setup, etc.) but it never actually loads the BIOS menus. I've tried switching the sata cables and moving the second hard drive to STATA0 with no change. As soon as I disconnect the second drive, it boots up just fine and I can get into clover and BIOS. Any ideas? I'd like to add a third drive (OS SSD + 2 media HDD) but am unsure how to proceed.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6406.jpeg
    IMG_6406.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9067.jpeg
    IMG_9067.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
I've successfully got my hackintosh running using these instructions on 10.13.6. However, I'm running into an issue where I am unable to boot into the BIOS or Clover once I install a second hard drive in the SATA1 port. I get stuck at the HP logo screen with no other text, and if I try to enter the BIOS, I can see the menu title in the bottom right corner (Boot selection, setup, etc.) but it never actually loads the BIOS menus. I've tried switching the sata cables and moving the second hard drive to STATA0 with no change. As soon as I disconnect the second drive, it boots up just fine and I can get into clover and BIOS. Any ideas? I'd like to add a third drive (OS SSD + 2 media HDD) but am unsure how to proceed.
Do you have an install of Windows on the 2nd hard drive ? Is it installed legacy or UEFI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back