Contribute
Register

[Guide] High Sierra on HP Spectre x360 8th Gen Coffee Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
can no one then give me his efi folder of a spectre with a working mac? I alone can not really, even because my English is bad and I struggle to follow the guide

Thank you. I will post problem reporting files if I need further help. I just meant that previous post as a thank you. I'll take over from here and let you know how it goes.

Hi, I have the same notebook and also because of the fact that my English is bad, I can not really follow this guide .. By now I have high sierra installed on my disk, but I have several kernel panic problems, so please, I would you pass your efi folder? I have to try to put yours instead of mine because I do not know how to compile dsdt

But nobody answers in this forum? I've been trying for two days but no one answers ..
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thank you. I will post problem reporting files if I need further help. I just meant that previous post as a thank you. I'll take over from here and let you know how it goes.

But nobody answers in this forum? I've been trying for two days but no one answers ..

Look in the CLOVER.zip files for the EFI files if you need them, but make sure you're reading what the instructions say exactly—even something small can be a problem. Also, post your problem reporting files, because the issue is hard to diagnose without that information, as RehabMan will be quick to note.

Should note that most of us in this thread do not have your exact model—I think most of us are using the 15-inch because it has an upgradable wifi card.

I know but at this point I really tried them all, believe me.
Also I can not follow these guides, a bit because too complicated, and a little because my English is bad. However, high sierra is installed on my pc, but it is very unstable, it has continuous kernel panics, I think for the m2 disk. I am attaching my efi clover, various useful files generated by ioregs and others, and two videos, which show the error immediately after rebooting for kernel panic and the other when sometimes it does not always start for kernel panic. If someone good wants to help a girl, you can try to change the clover, everything works, I only have the kernel panic problem.

for the video, this is the link it does not make me insert them as an attachment:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/59...282c3a1064b65649fe9712a820180615181212/9a86e5

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/58...d2fe891b38efd9de30839a4320180616160756/61578f

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 91
  • debug_15042.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • MACCHECHIAVICA’s iMac.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 108
I know but at this point I really tried them all, believe me.
Also I can not follow these guides, a bit because too complicated, and a little because my English is bad. However, high sierra is installed on my pc, but it is very unstable, it has continuous kernel panics, I think for the m2 disk. I am attaching my efi clover, various useful files generated by ioregs and others, and two videos, which show the error immediately after rebooting for kernel panic and the other when sometimes it does not always start for kernel panic. If someone good wants to help a girl, you can try to change the clover, everything works, I only have the kernel panic problem.

for the video, this is the link it does not make me insert them as an attachment:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/59...282c3a1064b65649fe9712a820180615181212/9a86e5

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/58...d2fe891b38efd9de30839a4320180616160756/61578f

Your config.plist appears to reference files that aren't there, particularly this section. Since you haven't done any patching as of yet the SortedOrder doesn't actually refer to anything. Note the passage in your config.plist.

Code:
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>#Comment-SortedOrder</key>
        <string>SortedOrder required if you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched</string>
        <key>#DropTables</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>MCFG</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>DMAR</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>xh_rvp10</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>CpuPm</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>Cpu0Cst</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>Cpu0Ist</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>ApCst</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>ApIst</string>
            </dict>
        </array>
        <key>#SortedOrder</key>
        <array>
            <string>SSDT.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-0.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-1.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-2.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-3.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-4.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-5.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-6.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-7.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-8.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-9.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-10.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-11.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-12.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-13.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-14.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-15.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-16.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-17.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-18.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-19.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-XOSI.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-LPC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-UIAC.aml</string>
            <string>SSDT-PNLF.aml</string>
        </array>

To be on the safe side, you might want to go back to the beginning and start fresh with your Config.plist. From the OP:

Config.plist

For the config.plist download this https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/archive/master.zip

And replace the clover plist with config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

In the config.plist find this line

Code (Text):

<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>)
<key>Enabled</key>

Set it to Disabled

Follow the guide for further additions you'll have to make.

You have a "drivers64UEfi" and a "drivers64" folder. The guide only says you need a "drivers64UEfi" folder. I would probably check the guide to make sure everything is in its correct place.

Additionally, it looks like it's not detecting your power supply at the moment based on the video.

Finally, the guide discourages adding files from the guides of others. You may want to use them as a reference, but you're better off trying to build them yourself, as the details—particularly in regards to the DSDT—are specific to your hardware.

As I repeat, I find it very difficult to follow these guides, also because in English .. What files are missing compared to config? And can not you try to repair what I created?

As I repeat, I find it very difficult to follow these guides, also because in English .. What files are missing compared to config? And can not you try to repair what I created?

I can't help repair your machine unfortunately, because I don't have it in front of me—and I'm not the expert here, but based on what I know worked for me in getting the x360 working, I'm offering you a little direction. I know the guides aren't the easiest thing to follow, but please give it a chance—this does require some technical knowledge and some experimenting.

My recommendation is that you rebuild your config file based on the guide and make sure your drivers64UEfi folder is built correctly. That will likely help you as you keep going.

believe me I tried to follow the guide, which purtorppo is not in my language and is complicated perhaps even for those who speak English well, but I could not do better, I explain what was the file that was missing in your opinion and where?
I can't help repair your machine unfortunately, because I don't have it in front of me—and I'm not the expert here, but based on what I know worked for me in getting the x360 working, I'm offering you a little direction. I know the guides aren't the easiest thing to follow, but please give it a chance—this does require some technical knowledge and some experimenting.

My recommendation is that you rebuild your config file based on the guide and make sure your drivers64UEfi folder is built correctly. That will likely help you as you keep going.

believe me I tried to follow the guide, which purtorppo is not in my language and is complicated perhaps even for those who speak English well, but I could not do better, I explain what was the file that was missing in your opinion and where?

I already gave you a direction here. You need a clean config.plist because it refers to things that aren’t in your folder, and you need to double check your file list because you have a folder in there you shouldn’t.

This means you need to go to the beginning of the guide and follow the directions. Even if you feel like you’ve followed instructions, you very likely will have missed something. This is a complex thing you’re trying to do. There are a lot of steps! I had to go over my process a lot of times before I got it right!

Give it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back