Contribute
Register

[Guide] High Sierra on HP Spectre x360 8th Gen Coffee Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan This is literally the same exact thing I already posted, except with the updated plist enabling the DSM->XDSM patch. But here ya go.

Attachments

• bootpics.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 126
@RehabMan This is literally the same exact thing I already posted, except with the updated plist enabling the DSM->XDSM patch. But here ya go.

SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml in ACPI/patched is not a valid AML.
Looks like it is RTF code renamed as AML.
Not sure why you expect that to work.

Another quick note: Folks having trouble with the bluetooth after sleep might want to consider taking a look at this thread about the delays needed for bcrmPatchRAM, as the x360 seems to have the issue too. I have yet to try setting up the delays allowed by RehabMan's recent update, but the patched fork by tluck seems to have stopped the Bluetooth from randomly shutting down on my machine.

@RehabMan So, I tried to save the contents of my SSDT-DiscreteSpoof patch in MaciASL (File->New->pasted the contents of the patch->Save). But, it complained that "Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file." I wonder if I'm missing a header or declaration or something.

So instead, I tried following https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/ to patch my SSDTs directly. I think I'm closer, I'm just sure I've totally bungled the path or something. I have a fresh dump of my origin files, except for the SSDTs I patched. Those I placed in the patched folder. I also took new screenshots. They're larger because I took them at 12.2 megapixels to try to make it clearer for you.

Attachments

• bootpics.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 115
  • CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 127
@RehabMan So, I tried to save the contents of my SSDT-DiscreteSpoof patch in MaciASL (File->New->pasted the contents of the patch->Save). But, it complained that "Input file does not appear to be an ASL or data table source file." I wonder if I'm missing a header or declaration or something.

You probably have wrong MaciASL or non-ASCII text in the text you pasted.

Success! At first I couldn't get past stupid TextEdit screwing with the code I was trying to paste into MaciASL. Even when I tried to set the format to just plain ,text, it still made the code not work. I was about to post here to ask what I'm doing wrong. I pasted into the box here, then got the idea that once pasted here, it shouldn't have any rogue control codes. So I copy and pasted from the text box here into MaciASL. That worked somehow. No errors, and it saved it as a valid aml file. I loaded that back into MaciASL and it looked good (not that I knew what I was looking at.

Anyway, I was able to boot into the installer, after the 2nd or 3rd reboot, it hung on the gIOScreenLockState. Everything I could find said it had to do with nvidia hardware. So, I tried unchecking InjectIntel and that worked. I finished booting my installed High Sierra. I chose no internet for now. I was able to change my resolution from 4k to 1080p. I'm sure if I fix my intel fakeID, it should be fine.

So I'm installed and working. My only question is that since it worked well, should the self patching SSDT, saving as aml in MaciASL and placing in the patched folder work for other things, like sound, etc? I would think it would.

Thank you everyone, RehabMan especially.

I think I might have figured out the graphics. Since I'm booting off the SSD, I don't yet have lilu or the graphics fixup kexts in S/L/E. I'll work on that.

Success! At first I couldn't get past stupid TextEdit screwing with the code I was trying to paste into MaciASL. Even when I tried to set the format to just plain ,text, it still made the code not work. I was about to post here to ask what I'm doing wrong. I pasted into the box here, then got the idea that once pasted here, it shouldn't have any rogue control codes. So I copy and pasted from the text box here into MaciASL. That worked somehow. No errors, and it saved it as a valid aml file. I loaded that back into MaciASL and it looked good (not that I knew what I was looking at.

Anyway, I was able to boot into the installer, after the 2nd or 3rd reboot, it hung on the gIOScreenLockState. Everything I could find said it had to do with nvidia hardware. So, I tried unchecking InjectIntel and that worked. I finished booting my installed High Sierra. I chose no internet for now. I was able to change my resolution from 4k to 1080p. I'm sure if I fix my intel fakeID, it should be fine.

So I'm installed and working. My only question is that since it worked well, should the self patching SSDT, saving as aml in MaciASL and placing in the patched folder work for other things, like sound, etc? I would think it would.

Thank you everyone, RehabMan especially.
I think I might have figured out the graphics. Since I'm booting off the SSD, I don't yet have lilu or the graphics fixup kexts in S/L/E. I'll work on that.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thank you. I will post problem reporting files if I need further help. I just meant that previous post as a thank you. I'll take over from here and let you know how it goes.

Hello @ctxdl , I have a Hp Spectre the same as yours without INVIDIA, is not that you would send me your Efi PLEASE? because even if I try to follow the guide I can not make it work, maybe I'm wrong, thanks <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back