Contribute
Register

[Guide] High Sierra on HP Spectre x360 8th Gen Coffee Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I follow this guide for the i7 8750h?

I've been trying to get OSX running on a 15" Spectre x360 with i7 8750h off and on over the last few of months. I got successful install of Mojave running but lots of components were not working. That was back in Oct. Just gone back to it but it's not booting anymore and I'm not really sure whats wrong or where I got to! The process of getting this working is tough and if you step away from it for a while it is kind of like starting again...

A note for anyone curious: I upgraded the RAM to 32GB in this machine with no problem—it worked perfectly and was relatively cheap. (I bought 2x16 Corsair chips, if you’re curious.) I’m also looking into upgrading the SSD to 2TB in the coming months, though I haven’t tried it yet and am hoping for prices to drop a little.

Also, I recently bought a 4K monitor and have been running into issues plugging it in using both DisplayPort and HDMI. HDMI works after modifying WhateverGreen to support 2048MB on the iGPU, but only upon first boot; it stops working after a sleep/wake cycle. However, just plugging in a USB-C to DisplayPort cable causes the machine to restart. If anyone has cracked that nut, let me know.

Last edited:
However, just plugging in a USB-C to HDMI Port cable causes the machine to restart. If anyone has cracked that nut, let me know.

Hi All
I have that same issue anybody help?

Last edited:
Hi All
I have that same issue anybody help?

I’ve been trying a number of things on my end. I’m using the Thunderbolt 3 fix I laid out above, but also following the Framebuffer patching guide. That fixed some slowness issues with HDMI, but it doesn’t work on every profile—I had to switch to Macbook15,2 to get it to work.

Will offer a current Clover EFI when I get a free moment. On 10.14.6.

I would be very grateful for yours Clover EFI

Hi, I succeeded setting up my hackintosh mainly thanks to your guide, and the Vice article, thank you for your work :)
I will try to update to catalina and install the Intel 9260 which seems to be compatible in catalina.

EDIT:
No trouble updating to Catalina 10.15.5 and using the wifi card with the AppleIntelWifi.kext

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back