Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thanks for the guide, worked absolutely perfectly.

How do you first delete the driver? Just delete the kext files? Is there a config file that needs to be edited?

I'm using Fusion 5 and running into the same problems I did before with any VM software killing the ethernet card.

According to Multibeast: Installs AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns. So yeah, I deleted that. Maybe not the best way, but it worked. I then installed Lnx2Mac and rebooted.

sorry maybe I wasn't clear but that issue was one that was fixed :D

Furthermore it was unneeded to swap down BIOS or send it in for repair, I'm guessing if you were to pull the CMOS battery and cut off the power to the board for 5 minutes and reinstall the battery then reenergize the board your issue would be/would have been fixed as well!

In my case previously mentioned the internal Eth was working with UEFI BIOS, but a few days ago it stoped working, nothing on MAC, and less reported on OSX. For some reason after a power failure, the BIOS was reseted and after reconfiguring for AHCI because default is IDE, it works again. So something about reset affect BIOS, MAybe accidental sleep that I'm not using because I have a GT430 fermi card. So as a hint, it seems that internal eth interface change to show or hide after each reset for me. Or maybe the CMOS reset patch is the cause for this weird behavior...:beachball::beachball::beachball:

What about 10.8.1?
Did U try to update?

Next, download and extract the UEFI BIOS files from the Gigabyte website. You can use Stuffit Expander to extract the files.

This is not true for me. I've tried Stuffit Expander, unzip, macunrar, the unarchiver. What gets downloaded from the Giga website is an .exe file. I tried renaming it zip, nothing works. I'm not going to install windows just to unzip this thing. You can't make a bootable USB key in OSX if you can't open this file!

Next, download and extract the UEFI BIOS files from the Gigabyte website. You can use Stuffit Expander to extract the files.

This is not true for me. I've tried Stuffit Expander, unzip, macunrar, the unarchiver. What gets downloaded from the Giga website is an .exe file. I tried renaming it zip, nothing works. I'm not going to install windows just to unzip this thing. You can't make a bootable USB key in OSX if you can't open this file!

It worked for me. I already had the unarchiver installed from the app store, so I just double clicked the exe and it extracted the files.

@memmerson, I'm not sure if you want to add this to the OP

To everyone with Ethernet issues:

This is a known problem with Z68 boards. There's no cure-all solution, but as many of you have discovered, you can get ethernet working again by unplugging your rig for a while and then turning back on.

Hope this helps.

My sleep isn't working, and here's the thread I posted in general tuning:

Hey guys, I have tried just about every BIOS and darkwake setting in an effort to fix my sleep issues to no avail, so I figured I'd turn to the forum for help.

Here's the story. Before the UEFI BIOS, sleep worked fine. I'd press sleep, and everything would turn off. If I pressed a key, it would come back on where I left it. I'm pretty sure auto sleep didn't work then and it doesn't now.

Anyway, after I updated to UEFI, I began to have problems with sleep. I would press sleep, the monitor would turn off, but the computer would stay awake and I could not wake it up. In fact, the same symptom occurred when pressing Shut Down (though restart worked as it was supposed to).

After testing just about every setting in the BIOS, I finally figured out that disabling EHCI Hand Off changed sleep behavior. It now shut down normally, and pressing sleep would shut off all the components like it did before UEFI (i.e. it entered the S3 sleep state), but the monitor still does not wake up from sleep. The computer turns on, but the screen stays black. Re-plugging the DVI cable doesn't help.

I have tried using both the IGPU and my 5770. I have also tried Darkwake=0, Yes, and No and CPU EIST Enabled and Auto. Changing any of these settings did not affect my sleep in any way.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate them. I am the kind of person who uses sleep a lot and I don't have any hardware components that would break it.

Thanks so much,

Seamus

tl;dr My computer goes to and wakes up from sleep, but the screen doesn't. Any ideas?

I figured you all might have some specific ideas because you have my board, so I'm posting it here as well. THANKS!

I managed to get everything working with the uefi bios and only fakesmc in extensions. The SSDT that works for i2400 that i have is the i7 SSDT from multibeast.

@memmerson, I'm not sure if you want to add this to the OP

To everyone with Ethernet issues:

This is a known problem with Z68 boards. There's no cure-all solution, but as many of you have discovered, you can get ethernet working again by unplugging your rig for a while and then turning back on.

Hope this helps.

I don't have this ethernet issues, what options have been checked in multi-beast

this is my multi-beast 4.6.1 settings

Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 9.35.59 AM.jpg

Yes they do, and all other features working. I've tested it with dashboard, DVD Player, Chess and Steam- CS:GO.

Well I am at a dang loss then, like I said I've installed multiple times and it seems to be working smoothly just not ripples or effects like that, and it does seem slightly slower running flash games than windows like simcith social for instance, however I was thinking it was iMovie or iPhoto you couldn't run without one of the things working correctly and I can load both of those up.

Is there a utility program I can run to turn on or off those options or at least that'll tell me if they are on?

I also am able to "play" chess, but it's not super fluid and the fur option looks like someone did it in ms paint.

Flurry Screen Savor also seems to work just fine

SOLVED?
Sooo in order to see the ripple effect I had to turn dashboard off as a space? So the ripple does occur, however I am still curious about the chess pieces looking like crapholes, if that's standard, I'll take a screenshot and attach it here.

Screen Shot 2012-09-11 at 12.35.28 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back