Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@memmerson, I'm not sure if you want to add this to the OP

To everyone with Ethernet issues:

This is a known problem with Z68 boards. There's no cure-all solution, but as many of you have discovered, you can get ethernet working again by unplugging your rig for a while and then turning back on.

Hope this helps.

I think that has to be about the CMOS reset that causes the internal ethernet enable/disabled no matter what you type on bios settings, and no matter if it is by hard clear CMOS or a "soft" caused by appleRTC.kext...I will try to repatch to verify it because is not working right after 10.8.1 update.:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Sorry for the noob question, I'm not sure if this has been asked within the thread.

Is DSDT not required as well for a Snow Leopard Installation?

Thanks

Hi Qb84,

i have the same your hardware bat whit a Sapphire Hd5450 and 4 Gb ram ddr3!

You have used the same settings in the bios of the guide?

I can install but I can not restart. Even without the graphics card as a guide same result.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

Has anyone figured out how to boot from hd2000 graphics?:beachball: This is all I get.

Well, I've tried for days and days to make this work. I've followed the instructions, clean install, dvi output, I can safe boot but no combination of Multibeast 5.0.2 or 4.6.1 works, no removing of Graphics kexts, no way can I get the desktop. 40 pages of user interaction, the non dsdt installation is supposed to be easy, and yet once again I have spent days and days restarting and trying unibeast and boot and rboot, it just won't happen. I bought all the parts only after doing lots of research, but it's still the same old problem, will the onboard video work, will the ethernet work, will there be audio. And every single time I have gone through this and fail, there are about ten different answers of things to try. I just don't have any more time to mess with this. I just wish the authors of these supposedly effortless guides, and "easy" installs would be more up front about what's really involved. I guess I'm licked.

Well, I've tried for days and days to make this work. I've followed the instructions, clean install, dvi output, I can safe boot but no combination of Multibeast 5.0.2 or 4.6.1 works, no removing of Graphics kexts, no way can I get the desktop. 40 pages of user interaction, the non dsdt installation is supposed to be easy, and yet once again I have spent days and days restarting and trying unibeast and boot and rboot, it just won't happen. I bought all the parts only after doing lots of research, but it's still the same old problem, will the onboard video work, will the ethernet work, will there be audio. And every single time I have gone through this and fail, there are about ten different answers of things to try. I just don't have any more time to mess with this. I just wish the authors of these supposedly effortless guides, and "easy" installs would be more up front about what's really involved. I guess I'm licked.

Could you give us a list of your hardware? And did you try booting with -v to see which kext (assuming that a kext is the issue) is causing the problem?

Don't give up - we'll help you out.

I got my system working just right, with some minor issues to be tuned up. Internal ethernet is change availability deppending on CMOS reset, I have to repatch to prevent this after sleep or hard reset also installed a sonnet presto pro card and an apple wifi card, due to this GFX card GT430 vga only which works great after Nvidia update is running at 8x with cinebench score about 30. forced sleep is working without issues using darkwake=no, I dont use auto sleep nor pleasesleep.app. appstore, icloud, facetime and itunes work ok with smbios imac12.2 and no DSDT so no HDMI audio edits (not really needed) Trim is enabled too for my crucial M4 128gb, I had to use trim enabler app. BT also works OOB (targus) with trackpad as well as Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, getting wake from sleep within 10 seconds. My BIOS settings are pretty close to normal, AHCI, XMP, CPU options all enabled, turbo x39 x38 x38 x38 and internal GFX disabled.
I was playing with speedstep but cannot get more than two states x16 and x38 with hardware monitor and using SSDT i5/i7 OC with SSDTdrop=yes option. I've read that other intermediate states can be achived. What am I doing wrong??? is there anything I can do???
Big Tks:beachball::beachball::beachball:

So this is my 3rd hackintosh (2nd UEFI), and the first time I've ran into problems.

Hardware:

Z68MA-D2H-B3 V1 UEFI
i5-3750 (not the K)
HD300
Apple USB Keyboard
250GB Sata HDD on sata 3 port 0

Using the same USB stick I've built my previous hackintoshes with, it takes about 5-7 minutes for the mountain lion installer to load! Once its loaded it takes another 5 minutes for the first click (continue where you choose your language) to register. After that the installer seems to be fine. The install takes about 15 minutes to complete.

The long boot issue continues after the OS is installed, so I'd like to resolve the long boot issue and start over. Any suggestions?

-=UPDATE=-

Well I re-installed, it took 7 minutes for the installer to start, then another 5 to click continue on the language selection. After that everything was the same as the first time, only it actually booted normal after the install this time. I didn't do anything different, just tried it again.

Has anybody tried 10.8.2 update yet ? ;-) I want to give it a try but have to wait until this week-end and after I backup my working 10.8.1. ;-)

Cheer !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back