Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that you're up-and-running and that dual GPU support appears to function on ML. I would be very interested to know if you can get triple (or even quad) monitor support running across your GFX cards.

Previously, when I was running Lion, I had to use Mac Pro 3,1 to get triple monitor support working with my HD5770, but when I moved to ML I ditched the HD5770 and went back to dual-monitor with the HD3000. I have found that the Mac-Mini SMBios works best with the motherboard by far.

Why did you ditch the 5770?

hi memmerson thank you for the guide.
I'm about to upgrade to ML, but for some reason I can't see the multibeast settings images of your first post.
Am I the only one having this problem?

No! I have the same problem too! :O)

hi memmerson thank you for the guide.
I'm about to upgrade to ML, but for some reason I can't see the multibeast settings images of your first post.
Am I the only one having this problem?

Fixed! My fault, I was messing about a bit with the OP yesterday.

Why did you ditch the 5770?

I had been using triple-monitor for my work, but now only require dual. I didn't require the additional performance of the HD5770 for anything else I do so went back to the HD3000 for a slightly quieter and less power thirsty rig.

I would be very interested to know if you can get triple (or even quad) monitor support running across your GFX cards.

Can't Test that because the lack of Monitors ;) For me it was important just to make Airplay Mirroring working.

Can I ask if anyone knows if displayport is working and if Bluetooth devices can be used in the UEFI BIOS?

I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and trackpad and would like to be able to use that in the BIOS. I do not have a backup keyboard at the moment.

Can I ask if anyone knows if displayport is working and if Bluetooth devices can be used in the UEFI BIOS?

I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and trackpad and would like to be able to use that in the BIOS. I do not have a backup keyboard at the moment.

Hi, this motherboard doesn't have a DisplayPort. Not sure about BT support from UEFI, my keyboard is wired but I can tell you that the Apple Trackpad doesn't seem to work.

My BT Apple trackpad works fine once I get into Mountain Lion. Before getting into ML I use a usb mouse.

I have a wired keyboard so no comment on that.

This guide has helped me so much! Thanks for posting it!!!

MRCPA

I use an old Belkin Bluetooth dongle and it works fine. I tried a smaller generic dongle (eBay) and it was not recognized. So your mileage may var.

Glad to hear that you're up-and-running and that dual GPU support appears to function on ML. I would be very interested to know if you can get triple (or even quad) monitor support running across your GFX cards.

Previously, when I was running Lion, I had to use Mac Pro 3,1 to get triple monitor support working with my HD5770, but when I moved to ML I ditched the HD5770 and went back to dual-monitor with the HD3000. I have found that the Mac-Mini SMBios works best with the motherboard by far.

Is changing SMBios as simple as choosing the other option (macmini) in multibeast or do I have to delete something first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back