Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, yes MultiBeast is probably the easiest way. I think the most recent MacBook Pro and iMac SMBios's in MultiBeast also support SandyBridge (and therefore activate the HD3000 driver) but I have had more luck with the Mac Mini 5,1 one personally.

I have the same board but an I3 - 2125 processor.
I have the system up and working, although basic (no audio and have not tried sleep).
I re-run Multi-beast with your settings and now the system crashes on boot up. I will try and upload a picture, but the backtrace is point to AppleINtelCPUPowerManagement and AppleSMC. Still trying to figure out which setting you are using that is causing my similar system to crash. Doing a restore now back to where I was and will try going through some of your settings in a more structured manor. It looks like the only hardware difference is the processor so something here is likely not liking my I3.

Hi, yes MultiBeast is probably the easiest way. I think the most recent MacBook Pro and iMac SMBios's in MultiBeast also support SandyBridge (and therefore activate the HD3000 driver) but I have had more luck with the Mac Mini 5,1 one personally.

How tricky is it to change the smbios on an existing installation of OS X? Is it as simple as deleting the existing Mac Pro smbio.plist and running MultiBeast to generate a new Mac Mini one?
Or must I do something else, as well.

How tricky is it to change the smbios on an existing installation of OS X? Is it as simple as deleting the existing Mac Pro smbio.plist and running MultiBeast to generate a new Mac Mini one?
Or must I do something else, as well.

If you re-run MultiBeast it will overwrite your existing SMBios.

I have the same board but an I3 - 2125 processor.
I have the system up and working, although basic (no audio and have not tried sleep).
I re-run Multi-beast with your settings and now the system crashes on boot up. I will try and upload a picture, but the backtrace is point to AppleINtelCPUPowerManagement and AppleSMC. Still trying to figure out which setting you are using that is causing my similar system to crash. Doing a restore now back to where I was and will try going through some of your settings in a more structured manor. It looks like the only hardware difference is the processor so something here is likely not liking my I3.

I had a similar sounding problem before I attempted to use an SSDT. I had not required one previously on the DP builds of ML nor on Lion so assumed I didn't need it, but for some reason I do need it on the RTM/GM build of ML...

When I used the DOS Usb drive, I had to change directory to C: in order to reach the UEFI flash utility.
Did you do that? You mentioned 'CD Flash'.
I started at an A: prompt, then typed 'C:', which took me to a C: prompt. It was then that I typed FLASHEFI Z8MAD2H3.U1B. I could see the process running clearly.
I was then instructed to power off the system, unplug the computer, plug it back in, and restart.
I could tell immediately that the UEFI was working.

Try it again. Just change directory to C: before running the utility.

I test it yesterday but it still the same.
it blocks at Erasing(KB): 192 and then nothing.

I think I have to stay at F10 bios :(

I don't have GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 but I want to say that.UEFI bios fixes long boot time in Mountain lion.You don't have to patch IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext. Everything work just fine. Cheers

Congratulations of your great work.
I have a question.

I could use a dvi to hdmi cable (or dvi to vga cable) for the installation ?

Because I don't have monitor. Only LCD tv with hdmi and VGA.

Another possibility use my imac as monitor with dvi to mini display port ?

Thanks

I test it yesterday but it still the same.
it blocks at Erasing(KB): 192 and then nothing.

I think I have to stay at F10 bios :(

You may try re-flash the F10 bios first followed by flash it to UEFI firmware again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back