Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is changing SMBios as simple as choosing the other option (macmini) in multibeast or do I have to delete something first?

It is as simple as selecting a new option in Multibeast. The SMBios is actually just a file in /Extra which will get overwritten when you make the change in Multibeast.

Hi, thanks for the guide, I have the marks as in the image and everything works fine and stable.

I have some doubts, I just listed 4 states 16 23 25 and 31 if I remember correctly. Is this correct?

My setup is my signature and I use a mac mini profile.

As I can see how my machine works fine?

Sorry for my english, translated with google :)

Thk.

Hi, thanks for the guide, I have the marks as in the image and everything works fine and stable.

I have some doubts, I just listed 4 states 16 23 25 and 31 if I remember correctly. Is this correct?

My setup is my signature and I use a mac mini profile.

As I can see how my machine works fine?

Sorry for my english, translated with google :)

Thk.

I assume you are asking if just the 4 p-states are correct... If so, I would guess that they are, especially considering your CPU doesn't have turbo-boost which introduces 4 more p-states above the default clock.

My CPU is the Core i7 2600K which by default clocks at 3.4ghz/4 cores and idles at 1.6ghz. It can turbo-boost to 3.5ghz/4 cores, 3.6ghz/3 cores, 3.7ghz/2 cores and 3.8ghz/1 core.

My CPU is overclocked so I can't tell you what the default p-states are at the moment, but I can tell you I am currently getting these:

16 27 33 38 39 40 41 42

4 standard + 4 turbo...

Can I ask if anyone knows if displayport is working and if Bluetooth devices can be used in the UEFI BIOS?

I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and trackpad and would like to be able to use that in the BIOS. I do not have a backup keyboard at the moment.

yes, Apple Wireless Keyboard + Apple wireless trackpad are working normally

in BIOS settings, only Apple Wireless Keyboard is functional, that's good enough

Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 8.28.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 8.27.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 8.27.33 PM.png

Will this guide work with an i3 2105 processor?

Will this guide work with an i3 2105 processor?

Yes mate, i use a i3 2100 and speed stepping is working.

@memmerson, you don't mention the "DSDT=/dev/null -v" option to add into bootloader. Maybe helps people to prevent typing it every time.
I had to change in bootlist this to prevent KP > go to /Extra in your hard drive and open the file "org.Chameleon.boot.plist" and add the options after the current settings inside the <string> </string>

Yes mate, i use a i3 2100 and speed stepping is working.

@memmerson, you don't mention the "DSDT=/dev/null -v" option to add into bootloader. Maybe helps people to prevent typing it every time.
I had to change in bootlist this to prevent KP > go to /Extra in your hard drive and open the file "org.Chameleon.boot.plist" and add the options after the current settings inside the <string> </string>

My instructions avoid using a DSDT in the first place. Did you follow them exactly?

My instructions avoid using a DSDT in the first place. Did you follow them exactly?

I see you mentioned a reinstall indeed.
I cheated :) i did not reinstall my ML and had to use the DSDT option to get the system working again.
So i can confirm this works without a reinstall.

Hi, this motherboard doesn't have a DisplayPort. Not sure about BT support from UEFI, my keyboard is wired but I can tell you that the Apple Trackpad doesn't seem to work.

thnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back