Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
because i don't have a real mac, but a virtual machine on the laptop, and if i try to install and appears case 3, i can't proceed.

I don't think you read my guide...
Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

And from where did you download OS X?

hi guys,
i've a question in this part (before starting with install), i had notice that if i plug my os x bootable usb in a windows pc, the file system doesn't recognize the journaling file system, so don't recognize the folder with all files in, but recognize the EFI partition, so if i do this step (quoted on top) with this "way" via pc windows, does it work?
because i don't have a real mac, but a virtual machine on the laptop, and if i try to install and appears case 3, i can't proceed.
waiting for response,
bye
View attachment 209569
This is normal that Windows see only the EFI partition.

Note that the Installation USB created on a Virtual Machine may be faulty according to some posts here.

Last edited:
I don't think you read my guide...
i read your guide, and it's only supposition, because i still haven't tried to install...

And from where did you download OS X?
from mac appstore obviously, and tried in 2 way to create the usb bootable: via unibeast (also from a real mac, that i've in my uni lab), and via johnny method in this guide.. (with sudo command)

This is normal that Windows see only the EFI partition.

Note that the Installation USB created on a Virtual Machine may be faulty according to some posts here.

ok if installation usb may be faulty, i'll try from a real mac, but with this new guide i didn't tried yet.

about the windows efi, i will try to delete efi folder from real mac, and move the efi (from your folder) from a windows, and i'll tell u if it works ;)

EDIT: Solved with efi.

Last edited:
I am having trouble getting past the Aptio fix. Stuck on line two... Has anyone found a workaround because I have TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Johny and RehabMan for the guide and patches.

Successfully installed OS X and Windows on my Dell 7559 (i7 6700hq 1080p , dual booting on 850 EVO 250GB SSD SATA).

Same as blackgoat I also was not able to boot after OS X El Capitan installation. And had to change EFI to "after install EFI" right after installing OS X. Thanks blackgoat for tip. So I think when drive is SSD SATA or when motherboard is 0HCC0 then boot doesn't work after OS X installation on EFI (Boot into installer2) and need to replace with EFI (Boot after installed2)

So i think case 3 should be added in "5) Installing El Capitan To Your HDD/SSD" something like as below:

Case 3: Your computer will not boot after this so you have to plug the Install USB back to the Real Mac.
- Mount EFI partition with Clover Configurator and open it
- Replace the EFI folder there with the one from the Dell files called “EFI (Boot after installed2)
- Rename the folder to EFI again
- Put the USB back to the Hackintosh and boot into your installed El Capitan then you get to “Setup your mac screen” as well

Sorry bro I know its been awhile since you have been on here. How the hell did you install it? It has taken me months and I am still stuck on the first two lines! How did you get past it?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
Here. I did like a mixed version from this guide with the one you directed me to. I've already tried both AptioFixDRV-64 and AptioFixDRV2-64 and get the same results

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi as per guide.

I successfully built this laptop. Everything works great except track pad scrolling. Mouse scrolling works fine. I would put ioreg, if this is not a known issue?

*EDIT*
I tried installing VodooPS2 with instructions provided on RehabMan's github. All keys working fine but trackpad scrolling is not working.

I'll post this later in Support forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back