Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bro I know its been awhile since you have been on here. How the hell did you install it? It has taken me months and I am still stuck on the first two lines! How did you get past it?

I faced two issues which I fixed as below:

I was not able to boot after OS X El Capitan installation. And had to change EFI to "after install EFI" right after installing OS X.

Startup disk selection was not working for me. And on every reboot display brightness goes to full which is related to nvram. Uninstallation and installation of OsxAptioFix2Drv will solve the problem.

I fixed these issues by doing following steps

1. Mount the EFI using Clover Configurator and open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator
2. Go to Install Drivers, remove all drivers then install OsxAptioFix2Drv and HFSPlus UEFI drivers

Now LastBootedVolume will work and you can set Default Boot Volume to Mac

Hey all, I just got this working on the i5-6300hq version after about a week of being stuck on the first two lines. I'm not entirely sure what I did to get it working but here are two things I did that may be helpful to those still stuck.
  1. I applied the clock fix in step (9) of the guide before installing OS X. After installation, I was curious so I removed the "RealTimeIsUniversal" key from the Windows registry and was unable to get past the 2 lines of text on reboot into OS X.
  2. I booted into Windows (Ubuntu worked sometimes for this step too, but Windows was more reliable for me), and then when I got to the Windows login screen I simply hit restart and booted OS X from clover (this works almost every time after installing OS X, not sure about the install usb). I'm not sure why, but so far almost every time I've tried to boot OS X I've first had to boot into Windows, then reboot and select OS X.
I apologize if this isn't the place to post this, this is my first post on the forums. If it isn't in the right spot, feel free to move/delete it. Hope this helps someone!

Hello!
I am new here and I have a 7559(i5)
So I'm wondering if I can keep the old windows in the HDD and install the MacOS in the new SSD so I can have the dual boot.

Disable VT for direct I/O
- Advanced Battery Charging should be disabled
- Secure boot should be disabled
- turn off SupportAssist System Resolution (this will disable the occasional hardware check that prevents booting)
- Firmware TPM should be disabled (tip from basfun and jcarcinogen)

How about turning them on after install? What is VT for direct I/O and Firmware TPM ?

Hey all I do everything perfectly and it's work until I change the DSDT and SSDT files but when I boot its fail and I have this error what can I do?
1477646126989-1690983468.jpg

It means you made a mistake in your ACPI patching process...
Effectively I fail my SSDT patch I make it again and now I got this one :/

Attachments

• 14777535572911590025055.jpg
    14777535572911590025055.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 97
Effectively I fail my SSDT patch I make it again and now I got this one :/

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.
I do what you say it work but after 3-4 reboot I get back the same error :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back