Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 El Capitan Hackintosh (Dual Boot With Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No laptop hardware details in your profile. Please fix.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Done. Any ideas to solving my issue?

Done. Any ideas to solving my issue?

Your profile is still not filled out correctly. Missing internal screen resolution... a very important hardware detail and could be directly related to your issue.

Please read the request for hardware details. Carefully.

Boot using your USB...
Try what you said,my problem:when booting,it's stochastic to show 2 lines errors(the picture I posted before),when this appear, I need to rebbot to set BIOS twice:first to disable the legacy boot choice,next reboot to enable it again,after that,it can boot by Clover,otherwise it failed.I trying boot only UEFI in BIOS seting but didn't work.

Your profile is still not filled out correctly. Missing internal screen resolution... a very important hardware detail and could be directly related to your issue.

Please read the request for hardware details. Carefully.

Done once again.

Done once again.

You have a 4k display.. keep in mind you must use an invalid ig-platform-id until you can patch for the pixel clock limit (IOKit/CoreDisplay depending on version).

when i try to get into installation menu i reach the apple logo and the spinning circle at top on the left than my pc shuts down...what could be?
EDIT: retried , all is good now

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "one". Please be detailed with your questions.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by ig-platform-id. Does that mean integrated graphics? I would assume so. You said place an invalid ID for it. Where would this go? What ID should I put?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by ig-platform-id. Does that mean integrated graphics? I would assume so. You said place an invalid ID for it. Where would this go? What ID should I put?

OK... basic stuff here...

ig-platform-id refers to injecting AAPL,ig-platform-id. It configures the framebuffer for integrated graphics.
If you feed it an invalid one, the drivers will not start (but still load).
It is specified at config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id
It can also be changed in the Clover GUI before you boot.
There are limited valid values, and many invalid values. The common invalid value we use on purpose to keep the graphics drivers from starting is 0x12345678.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back