Contribute
Register

Graphics Acceleration not working on Whiskey Lake 2019 Razer Blade Stealth 13 w/ UHD620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long sleep is broken yeh, short times seem to work fine (5-10 minutes).

How's your battery life? Mine isnt very good. I kinda think the dGPU is still on.

On the top of battery life. I haven't gotten to do any testing with the disabled gpu so I'll have to run Netflix or something on it for a couple hours to see how long it lasts

On the top of battery life. I haven't gotten to do any testing with the disabled gpu so I'll have to run Netflix or something on it for a couple hours to see how long it lasts

I know my battery life is bad because I only got about one and a half Stranger Things Episodes before it died.

I know my battery life is bad because I only got about one and a half Stranger Things Episodes before it died.

I just put animal planet on loop so we'll see how how it lasts. Also the fact that you have the 4k version of the laptop contributes to the lower battery life. That's just the cost of driving all those pixels on that screen. Part of the reason I didn't spring for the 4k model actually

I just put animal planet on loop so we'll see how how it lasts. Also the fact that you have the 4k version of the laptop contributes to the lower battery life. That's just the cost of driving all those pixels on that screen. Part of the reason I didn't spring for the 4k model actually

I went for 4K because of the touch screen. Did the SSDT method patch fairly easily. Hopefully, I did it right.

For 100% iStats is estimating 5 hours.

Last edited:
As for your little graphics issue, you need to set the DMVT prealloc to 0x03 (it wont show in the bios dump thing) but set it to that anyways.

As for your little graphics issue, you need to set the DMVT prealloc to 0x03 (it wont show in the bios dump thing) but set it to that anyways.

The black screen issue? What's the patch you have? Like the exact properties key and properties value. I already have the fbmem at 00009000 and stolenmem at 00003001

I went for 4K because of the touch screen. Did the SSDT method patch fairly easily. Hopefully, I did it right.

Remove the disable-external-gpu patch from properties in clover and reboot. Then go into about this mac and system report from there check the graphics/displays and if the nividia gpu isn't there then you did it right.

So it looks like I'm losing around 20% for every hour. Which seems to be about average for hackintoshes. I have the backlight completely off, brightness all the way up and the volume all the way up playing Netflix and a couple safari tabs and clover configurator running in the background. If it stays that way it's about 5 hours of screen on time which I could probably get it closer to six with half screen brightness and not watching video which is one of the more battery consuming of things.

You ever get sleep working properly?

i have almost everything working now.

only the last 4 levels of brightness work for me though. and audio through 3.5mm jack is unreliable.

have you guys tried connecting an external display using the thunderbolt 3 port?

i have almost everything working now.

only the last 4 levels of brightness work for me though. and audio through 3.5mm jack is unreliable.

have you guys tried connecting an external display using the thunderbolt 3 port?

Remove the PNLF SSDT and and check AddPNLF in clover ACPI patches. This got all levels of brightness working for me. Also can you post your latest EFI, I'm have some random boot issues and I want to test with your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back