Contribute
Register

Graphics Acceleration not working on Whiskey Lake 2019 Razer Blade Stealth 13 w/ UHD620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise I also cannot boot. I haven’t yet done the pinning but I’ll do that now.

kk. I tried following that pinning guide but it went a bit over my head so jsut didnt bother with it. I probably should do it at some point tbh.

Also I can't get sleep to work period. If the machine goes to sleep it wont wake back up. the backlight comes on but basically there's no image being rendered on screen which makes me think its an issue with the dual gpu setup in our machines

kk. I tried following that pinning guide but it went a bit over my head so jsut didnt bother with it. I probably should do it at some point tbh.

Also I can't get sleep to work period. If the machine goes to sleep it wont wake back up. the backlight comes on but basically there's no image being rendered on screen which makes me think its an issue with the dual gpu setup in our machines

Also have that issue. I added the GPIO patch so I believe it requires the pinning.

Also have that issue. I added the GPIO patch so I believe it requires the pinning.

I think the sleep wake issue has something to do with power management and proper nvram implementation. i'm currently testing to make sure those are working properly.

I actually applied that GPIO patch and didn't bother with the pinning and it seems to have worked out for somereason. I disassembled your DSDt and tried applying the 2 patches and it seems they're in place so I think for some reason your version of the laptop just requires the Pinning part.

Also on the note of disassembly. did you get like 1-3 unknown object warnings when you first tried to compile the DSDT after disassembly? I did and I just deleted the lines but maybe that's causing the issue? Idk

Yeh i had those, the ones right at the top?

Yeh i had those, the ones right at the top?

Yupp, I ended up jsut deleting them. Maybe that's causing some issues. idk. You get the trackpad working with the GPIO pinning?

Didn’t need to. I was missing a SSDT patch. Now everything is working perfectly.

Didn’t need to. I was missing a SSDT patch. Now everything is working perfectly.

Including sleep? If so point me towards whatever it is you did casue my sleep is still broken

Try removing custom graphics device ID and ig-platform-id, update to the latest WhateverGreen.

About your trackpad - you don't need the GPIO controller enable patch, as you're not using GPIO interrupts.
Your APIC pin is 0x1F, which is low enough for using the native macOS drivers for interrupts.

Including sleep? If so point me towards whatever it is you did casue my sleep is still broken

Long sleep is broken yeh, short times seem to work fine (5-10 minutes).

How's your battery life? Mine isnt very good. I kinda think the dGPU is still on.

Long sleep is broken yeh, short times seem to work fine (5-10 minutes).

How's your battery life? Mine isnt very good. I kinda think the dGPU is still on.

My sleep is completely broken. Like the backlight will come on but no graphics get displayed. Can you throw me your config.plist so I can check it agaisnt mine?

Youll have to remove the disabke-external-gpu in properties and then follow this guide here to disable it in SSDT. Our OFF and INI methods are located in SSDT 11 OptTable. It's really a pain to do and understand (well it was for me anyway) but I got it working. The EGPU doesn't show up in system report anymore.

Also intresting note. If you remove SSDT-PNLFCFL and check the Add PNLF patch in clover config.plist you can get completely functional brightness instead of just the bottom four levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back