Contribute
Register

Graphics Acceleration not working on Whiskey Lake 2019 Razer Blade Stealth 13 w/ UHD620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trackpad: you need to follow the instructions here for Voodooi2c. Basically you need to dump your DSDT by pressing F4 in the clover menu. Boot back into MacOS, grab the DSDT.aml file from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Then use the directions here to decompile the DSDT.aml then apply the Windows 10 patch and the GPIO Controller patch for Skylake+ under the _Voodool2C-Patches in MaciASL. Anyway that should get that working.

Battery: use the Razer Blade 2014 patch under _Rehabman Laptop repo in MaciASL. This isnt a fully optimal fix because you are missing some of the
16/32/152-bit fields and you need to manually fix them using this guide here. Personally I found that just using the patch for the 2014 Razer Blade will get battery status working but again for it to be optimal you are supoosed to follow the guide above.

Brightness: this was a bit of a bitch but the attached modifed SSDT_PNLF below plus the AppleBacklightFixup.kext in L/E and you can get a couple levels working. You also need the boot arg igfxcflbklt=1 to get this to work.

Sound: layout-id=30 is what you want. I think 29 works too? I injected it through the properties section under devices because I couldn't get it working through the inject option in clover. You can also just use the config.plist i've attached. It's got sound, and Graphics accleration working.

Graphics Accleration: working fully through the config.plist attached in this reply.

Thanks for this, I have everything working but trackpad. DSDT is patched and in the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder along with the kexts in S/L/E but no beans. Did you need to do anything else?

EDIT: Got touchscreen gestures working but no trackpad function. Battery also works.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I have everything working but trackpad. DSDT is patched and in the /Clover/ACPI/patched folder along with the kexts in S/L/E but no beans. Did you need to do anything else?

EDIT: Got touchscreen gestures working but no trackpad function. Battery also works.

so did you throw the 2 voodooi2c kexts in L/E. Also all your 3rd party kexts should be installed to L/E and not S/L/E since you're installing mojave according to Rehabmans laptop guide here

Quoted from the Guide:
Installing Kexts

You should install all kexts you need (including FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, etc) to /Library/Extensions (/L/E) or /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) for 10.10.x and prior using a kext installer or Terminal. Think carefully about "kexts you need". For example, if you needed HPRAIDInjector.kext for a SATA chip locked in RAID mode, you'll need to install it in order to boot (without it, the system would be unable to mount root and would get stuck early in the boot process).

Of course, essential kexts should be installed to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer (during updates) or the recovery partition.

It is a mistake to install everything to Clover/kexts. Contrary to popular hackintosh myth, it does not result in a cleaner install (the opposite is true). Many kexts will not work from Clover/kexts, so installing them to /S/L/E where they can be included in kernel cache is the best approach.

so did you throw the 2 voodooi2c kexts in L/E. Also all your 3rd party kexts should be installed to L/E and not S/L/E since you're installing mojave according to Rehabmans laptop guide here

Quoted from the Guide:

Yes, they're in there. Something must be working becuase I have touchscreen gestures.

Yes, they're in there. Something must be working becuase I have touchscreen gestures.

huh that's weird. did you follow the GPIO pinning part of the installion guide for the kexts? I personally didn't have to do it to get it working but probably should anyway since it causes microstutters every now and then. There's a posibility that Razer used a different trackpad for the 4k version since that's the only one with a touchscreen but that's unlikely

huh that's weird. did you follow the GPIO pinning part of the installion guide for the kexts? I personally didn't have to do it to get it working but probably should anyway since it causes microstutters every now and then. There's a posibility that Razer used a different trackpad for the 4k version since that's the only one with a touchscreen but that's unlikely

I added the GPIO patch yes.

edit nvm found another page: https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/blob/master/Documentation/GPIO Pinning.md

So looking at the settings macOS is setting the touchscreen as a trackpad and i can customise the gestures etc. Just the actual trackpad isnt doing anything.

So looking at the settings macOS is setting the touchscreen as a trackpad and i can customise the gestures etc. Just the actual trackpad isnt doing anything.

That's super weird. try my dsdt and see if it helps. Also throw me you dsdt and i'll try it on my build to see if that's the issue

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    263.7 KB · Views: 53
Here is mine, my BIOS is 1.0.2

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    263.5 KB · Views: 63
Here is mine, my BIOS is 1.0.2

My machine won't boot with your DSDT, so maybe because yours is the 4k version there is some incompatibility. Idk. My BIOS version is also 1.0.2

Likewise I also cannot boot. I haven’t yet done the pinning but I’ll do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back