Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z590 Vision G i9-10850K Intel UHD 630 video ram only 14MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah-ha! @Middleman you're great!

I see the 630 iGPU pushing two displays on z590 CML 11.3.1. I've never seen this before.

The displays are connected by type-C and by HDMI > DVI-I

But there's yet more to be figured out:
  • The displays are in mirrored mode with no options to separate
  • Only one of the two type-C ports (DP) works
  • No display model is detected
  • Resolution is 1080 which is not standard for either display
  • About This Mac shows Graphics RAM as 6 MB, in spite of adding the frame-buffer memory patch details you mentioned before
  • The iGPU only connects the displays when the dGPU (AMD) is unpowered
Do you have more to say about directions to continue configuring?

Is there any hope of running iGPU and dGPU heads at same time. IOW, one OC config does everything, multi-displays, Quicksync? It's not a big deal but would be sweet if could set and forget

No matter what, being able to boot into iGPU is great, so thank you for telling what you know
It should already work as is, so long as you have a compatible dGPU. VDA decoding/Quicksync is already enabled with this - you can check with Hackintools/Videoproc.

If you plan to use a dGPU not as headless, use as is. Only if you want headless mode change ig-platform-id from 00009BC5 to 03009BC5 and vice-versa for device-id.

Hi guys the discussion in this thread helped me to overcome an issue with black screen using iGPU. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z590 Vision D. @Middleman I followed your suggestions to enable iGPU and now I am stuck with no acceleration. With the configs you suggested I can use the HDMI port to drive the display but "about this Mac" reports 7MB of graphics. I don't have a dGPU at the moment and I am trying to fix properly the CPU graphics. Any suggestion to overcome this issue?

My CPU is i9-10900k and in bios I set up the following:
  • Legacy USB Support = Disabled
  • Internal graphics = Enabled
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64MB
  • DVMT Total Gfx Mem = MAX
  • CFG Lock = Disabled
  • CSM Support = Disabled

Last edited:
Hi guys the discussion in this thread helped me to overcome an issue with black screen using iGPU. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z590 Vision D and if I understand correctly the only difference with Vision G is the WiFI card. @Middleman I followed your suggestions to enable iGPU and now I am stuck with no acceleration. With the configs you suggested I can use the HDMI port to drive the display but "about this Mac" reports 7MB of graphics. I don't have a dGPU at the moment and I am trying to fix properly the CPU graphics. Any suggestion to overcome this issue?

My CPU is i9-10900k and in bios I set up the following:
  • Legacy USB Support = Disabled
  • Internal graphics = Enabled
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated = 64MB
  • DVMT Total Gfx Mem = MAX
  • CFG Lock = Disabled
  • CSM Support = Disabled

Hi there.

A Comet Lake UHD 630 in a 500-series motherboard will not give you fully accelerated display output. No amount of fake IDs will cure it.

I read a lot of posts where people say the setup works for them, but believe they are either mistaken or running the iGPU in "headless" mode.

Hi there.

A Comet Lake UHD 630 in a 500-series motherboard will not give you fully accelerated display output. No amount of fake IDs will cure it.

I read a lot of posts where people say the setup works for them, but believe they are either mistaken or running the iGPU in "headless" mode.
Thanks for the reply @UtterDisbelief. Good to know that there is no cure for 500-series motherboard since it's been a week now for me trying to use the Intel HD 630. Now i need to start my hunting for a Graphic card.

I assume that 400-series motherboards with Comet Lake UHD 630 can work with full accelerated display output?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply @UtterDisbelief. Good to know that there is no cure for 500-series motherboard since it's been a week now for me trying to use the Intel HD 630. Now i need to start my hunting for a Graphic card.

I assume that 400-series motherboards with Comet Lake UHD 630 can work with full accelerated display output?
Yes that is true. It works with 400 series boards afaik (worked with my Z490 and i5-10500).

For the AAPL,ig-platform-id, you could also try 01009BC5 but remove the device-id value.
Just make sure the framebuffer-fbmem, stolenmem and unifiedmem values are there.

Yes that is true. It works with 400 series boards afaik (worked with my Z490 and i5-10500).

For the AAPL,ig-platform-id, you could also try 01009BC5 but remove the device-id value.
Just make sure the framebuffer-fbmem, stolenmem and unifiedmem values are there.
I tried the recommended setting. Result is no black screen but still no acceleration. About this Mac reports 7MB of graphics. Either way thanks @Middleman. I ordered a GPU so that I can proceed with the my build.

I know it is out of the specific topic but since this is my first build with OpenCore, I am noticing that the booting is slow. It takes around 15 secs to reach at "insert password" screen let say. I would expect that with 10 core cpu and an M.2 hdd, that booting would be faster. I am wondering if this is because of the GPU issues or if there is anything else I have to check on my configs. Any advise is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I tried the recommended setting. Result is no black screen but still no acceleration. About this Mac reports 7MB of graphics. Either way thanks @Middleman. I ordered a GPU show that I can proceed with the my build.

I know it is out of the specific topic but since this is my first build with OpenCore, I am noticing that the booting is slow. It takes around 15 secs to reach at "insert password" screen let say. I would expect that with 10 core cpu and an M.2 hdd, that booting would be faster. I am wondering if this is because of the GPU issues or if there is anything else I have to check on my configs. Any advise is much appreciated.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

I tried the recommended setting. Result is no black screen but still no acceleration. About this Mac reports 7MB of graphics. Either way thanks @Middleman. I ordered a GPU show that I can proceed with the my build.

Hi there.

What @Feartech said :thumbup:

Boot your PC in "verbose" mode. CMD+V at the OC picker should do it.

This will give you a scrolling screen of text during boot. You will be able to see any pauses in the process. Long boots are usually caused when the OS is trying to identify and activate hardware. Sometimes it waits to time-out then moves on etc.

@axelpart I have the same problem with the video memory stuck at 7mb, have you found any solution? thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back