Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

To use Comet Lake CPU ID, please try this:

Cpuid1Data: E0060900 00000000 00000000 00000000
Cpuid1Mask: FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

Also use iMac20,1.

At the OpenCore Picker you can also press and release CMD-V to enable Verbose mode. Then select the macOS boot volume.
Hi @CaseySJ

Thanks for the help. Tried what you had indicated above and realised the problem was with the 10700k iGPU which has no support. Had to use a DGPU and things got running. Managed to install successfully after using a GT730 combined with your suggested CPUID and iMac20,1 profile. Networking not working at the moment so more work required on my end to get that running!

Noobie error and not enough research on my part.

Much appreciated your assistance!

OpenCore 0.7.1 is expected next week. I'll make the EFI folder compatible with Monterey, but Intel i225-V Ethernet port will not work in Monterey.
Yes the i225-V does not work. Even if the kext is disabled or removed and you have the network cable plugged in, it might cause issues. My Monterey build freezes out unless I remove the network cable. Hopefully there is a fix for this soon for Monterey.

Hi @suren6791,

Thanks for the assistance. Tried your suggested settings and got stopped. Did more research in the iGPU and realised that was the problem. Used an old Nvidia GT730 (which was the only thing I had which looked even marginally supported) and got finally got the installer started using the external display! It successfully booted but the network card was not detected sadly. Need to do more work to get that sorted and get a better GPU.

Much appreciated. More work required to get this working.
You are welcome mate. Try this EFI from @Middleman build from this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-core-i5-10400-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/page-15

OpenCore 0.7.1 is expected next week. I'll make the EFI folder compatible with Monterey, but Intel i225-V Ethernet port will not work in Monterey.
It's really strange but lately I've been getting sudden reboots with my system after I upgraded to Big Sur 11.4 and testing on Monterey. After logging in, and waiting almost 5 minutes my system suddenly reboots for no reason. I've tried to pin down the issue but seemingly getting nowhere.

It's really strange but lately I've been getting sudden reboots with my system after I upgraded to Big Sur 11.4 and testing on Monterey. After logging in, and waiting almost 5 minutes my system suddenly reboots for no reason. I've tried to pin down the issue but seemingly getting nowhere.
Are you using FakePCIID on the Z490 Vision D?

Yes the i225-V does not work. Even if the kext is disabled or removed and you have the network cable plugged in, it might cause issues. My Monterey build freezes out unless I remove the network cable. Hopefully there is a fix for this soon for Monterey.
Same on z490/z590 as well. Using the i225 does work initially, but then the Monterey kernel panics a min or two after the i225 nic has been up.

Luckily for me, I’ve been using aquantia aqc107 10gbps NICs for years, including one via thunderbolt, and they work well with Monterey.

Same on z490/z590 as well. Using the i225 does work initially, but then the Monterey kernel panics a min or two after the i225 nic has been up.
Hopefully this will be fixed in a subsequent build of Monterey.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a subsequent build of Monterey.
Hopefully! Good that the i225-v now works without fakepciid, but sad that it takes down the whole system! I guess we’ll have to report it to Apple lol!

Hopefully! Good that the i225-v now works without fakepciid, but sad that it takes down the whole system! I guess we’ll have to report it to Apple lol!
On my Z490 Vision D the port does not connect, but system does not crash or reboot. I should add that I booted the system without a cable connected to that port, then plugged one in.

On my Z490 Vision D the port does not connect, but system does not crash or reboot. I should add that I booted the system without a cable connected to that port, then plugged one in.

Hi both.

If it is of any use, the latest Big Sur 11.4 release does have support for the i225-V LAN chip BUT only the version 2 (IIRC) chipset, there is also a version "3" which is not yet fully compatible. I'm not 100% sure what the problem or difference is, but it is, sadly, real.

:)

Back