I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Do you know if we can disable the NVMe slots from the BIOS? I know we can turn on or off the SATA but I can't find anything in the BIOS for NVMe. I need to reinstall Windows 10 but would like to avoid taking the NVMes out (need to remove the video card, remove the NVMe disks, etc., just a pain). So, if I can disable them in the BIOS, then it is even better.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's better!

• SmallTree-Intel-211 is not needed because the Z490 Vision D does not have that port. We can remove it.
  • Codeless kexts (those that only have Info.plist, but no compiled code) don't show up in the list of running kexts.
  • I think the only issue here is why CommanderProFix is not working.
Thanks for explaining. It's really useful to know that. I will continue to follow up on CommanderProFix.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I posted about this a little while ago but didn’t get an responses. Is anyone else getting the “default” Big Sur background on the initial login screen, that will then switch to your actual desktop background after logging in? This was never an issue before I upgraded to 11.4 - it was always my desktop background

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I posted about this a little while ago but didn’t get an responses. Is anyone else getting the “default” Big Sur background on the initial login screen, that will then switch to your actual desktop background after logging in? This was never an issue before I upgraded to 11.4 - it was always my desktop background

Hi there.

I haven't seen this except ...

Are you the only User registered with macOS?

As each User can have their own settings and customizations, that might explain the default behaviour you are seeing before the User is selected.

:)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This occasionally happens to me at random on one of my two screens.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.

I haven't seen this except ...

Are you the only User registered with macOS?

As each User can have their own settings and customizations, that might explain the default behaviour you are seeing before the User is selected.

:)
Yes i’m the only user. Its very strange as on the 11.4 beta it was fine. Soon as I upgraded to the 11.4 official, I get the default Big Sur screen on initial login.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
My Vision D Hackintosh will not boot anymore. It's been rock solid for almost a year now. Im using .7 OpenCore and have had successful reboots for many days with it. Today it gets to the Apple Logo and loading bar but crashes and reboots constantly. Ive tried booting from an old .69 OpenCore via USB with no luck either. My bootable backup from a month ago works and boots great.

Before I format the M.2 is there anything I should try to recover this? I suspect something is corrupt on the m.2 I tried disk first aid but it found no errors. If anyone has anythings before I blow it out Id love to hear them.

Thanks!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Vision D Hackintosh will not boot anymore. It's been rock solid for almost a year now. Im using .7 OpenCore and have had successful reboots for many days with it. Today it gets to the Apple Logo and loading bar but crashes and reboots constantly. Ive tried booting from an old .69 OpenCore via USB with no luck either. My bootable backup from a month ago works and boots great.

Before I format the M.2 is there anything I should try to recover this? I suspect something is corrupt on the m.2 I tried disk first aid but it found no errors. If anyone has anythings before I blow it out Id love to hear them.

Thanks!
First of all, really good to see that you have a bootable backup. Kudos!

Were any new audio interfaces or audio drivers installed recently?

At the OpenCore Picker, we can press spacebar to reveal extra boot options. One of them is Recovery. Try booting that just to see if it works.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
First of all, really good to see that you have a bootable backup. Kudos!

Were any new audio interfaces or audio drivers installed recently?

At the OpenCore Picker, we can press spacebar to reveal extra boot options. One of them is Recovery. Try booting that just to see if it works.

No love on booting recovery.
I get OCB - Load Image Failed - Unsupported.

Nothing new added. Wont boot from .70 or .69. I upgrade to .70 on Saturday but have booted just fine since then. Is there anyway to boot into single user mode? Tried holding Command-S with no love. Id love to run FSCK before I blow this out.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get OCB - Load Image Failed - Unsupported.
This can be fixed in one of two ways:
  • BIOS --> Boot --> Set first boot priority to internal macOS SSD. Save BIOS settings and try again.
  • If problem persists, perform CMOS Reset and configure BIOS parameters again, starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults).
    • Be sure to also disable CFG-Lock from BIOS --> Boot.

Nothing new added. Wont boot from .70 or .69. I upgrade to .70 on Saturday but have booted just fine since then. Is there anyway to boot into single user mode? Tried holding Command-S with no love. Id love to run FSCK before I blow this out.
Have you tried enabling Verbose by pressing and releasing CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker? Then boot either the macOS disk or the Recovery disk and see how far the boot process goes.