Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI - SSDT/DSDT and Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disabled CPU PLL Overvoltage in BIOS (you will probably need to flash to the latest BIOS to see that option), and I unplugged all USB 3.0 devices from the computer when I wanted it to go to sleep.

I was mystified because I thought I had unplugged all USB3 devices, but it turns out that I had had a USB3 extension cord plugged in, and that was keeping the computer awake! Don't ask me how that happened.

Thank you for your guide Adam1203, you just solved my problem. Updated my mobo from GA-P67A-UD4-B3 to GA-Z77X-UD5H and was quite disappointed that I could not OC my 2600K, despite a working SSDT for stock settings and OC. I just d/l and used your SSDT from your first post and all works like a charm. Awesome man!

I am troubled though. HWMonitor reports CPU Voltage reaching 1.5V full load, with 1.15V idle. I don't know if that is wrong, or I am missing something. I left CPU Voltage on Auto in BIOS. Manually changing it to 1.3V results in a stable OC, but the voltage no longer throttles down (without OC it's .88V). Changing the offset by .20 results in scaling of 1.5V! Am I missing something in the BIOS? I am only a few days into Ivy Bridge, and the new settings/UEFI bios is quite a change from my years of the white on blue. :p

Hey there, I've been running my Hackintosh stable for some time now. I recently wanted to OC to try and boost performance (or see how it did). I have the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA found here: http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GA-Z68XP-UD3-1155-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B0054OWTQU%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJG7L5WDRQZJTCBIQ%26tag%3Dhackintoshpar-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB0054OWTQU?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

- I installed your SSDT and followed the instructions.

- I didn't know what this: "This means that the voltage offset will need to be used. I have a 4.6GHz OC, so I use a +.2Vcore offset" meant (I am a noob xD) So I reset everything back to the way it was and every time I boot I get a KP right after the "Apple Logo" shows up. The only thing that I noticed weird about the kernel panic was that it said, "panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "Unable to find driver for this platform:\"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-" afterwards. Right before the Apple Logo, I get a black screen saying, "PciRoot uid value wasnt found. using 0. if you want it to be 1. use -PciRootUid." but that only flashes for a second. I've tried that flag, along with PCIRootUID=1 and that does nothing. I can boot into windows (like now) and access all of my files from the Mac side.

Basically, I just need (or would like) a way to be able to boot into OSX without having to do a re-install of the whole OP. Any help would be wonderful, I'm sure I forgot something so if I did, or you have any questions about anything please ask. Thanks!

- I tried to post some screenshots but Chrome "stops responding" every time I try.

Hi Adam1203
will the attached files work with asrock z68 fatalite ?

Hello, i have tried everything with my UD3H-B3 with U1H bios and i5 2500k and speedstep is not working at all. I only get two p-states, x16 and x33. So, turbo boost is not working, i only get stock frequencies.

I have installed the UD3H-B3 tool with the stuff inside that, it had a DSDT included which i removed, i tried many SSDT's with no result.

I also tried to overclock, also no result. Changed my smbios to every compatible version i could, no result. If i change my turbo ratios, it gets stuck on a reboot loop, it works at some point but i cannot enter the bios so i have to reset it.

Thought I'd report my findings on 10.7.4...After following all the steps in the thread (SSDT, Bios Turbo settings, etc), I was still stuck on only 1600/3300 Mhz according to HWMonitor. I finally had to disable EIST in order to get my 1600/4200 Mhz overclock and 2-state CPU timings back.

Note that this was the behavior I had on the F10 bios (but with EIST enabled) before I changed the bios to UEFI. Now that it's working again I'm pretty hesitant to try ML 10.8.x!

i2500k / Gigabyte z68-ma-D2H-B3

That was it! I have OC working on my Z68X-UD3H-B3 (EUFI BIOS) on 10.8.3, but never got it to work on 10.7.5 until I disabled EIST in the BIOS. I have a few reasons why I prefer Lion over Mountain Lion.
I only have 2 steps with the edited SSDT.aml from this thread which are 16x and 43x, but that is fine by me. Faster like 46x works too, but 43x is enough. I am using the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS from MultiBeast and MacMini might give me more steps. But MacPro5,1 some how has the advantage for me that I have no lag on my audio? I am using the ALC889 without DSDT and when I use any other SMBIOS my sound goes into some kind of sleepstate after a minute and it responds laggy the first time it gets a new input (play sound).

Thanks for this!

Hi and thanks Adam for sharing your experience!
I did the exact steps of Adam...

So i´ve got a supossedly 4.6 ghz on 10.8.3 with z68xp ud3 , msrdumper shows me 6 states and the last one is 46 , geekbench results also indicates it´s better than when i was on 4.2...
For me hwmonitor it´s not working, it´s like freezed and doesnt gives any info... No KP for the moment, everything seems fine except for the network that seems gone...

Is there anyway to get the real speed on "about this mac" ? I know there´s a guy in this thread that did it but i´m not being able to do it!!

EDIT: Network is back by reinstalling the ln2 kext back.... stlll fighting with the overclock!

hey guys im new to overclocking and i just got new zalman cnps 10x performa cooler for my i5 3570k , I jus want to get to 4.2ghz and I did that but mac wont say its 4.2 so im guessing i have to make custom ssdt or somthing is there a guide or? whats steps to get this to work

gigabyte z77 ds3h
i5 3570k

Great threat! Used #1 ssdt and various UEFU bios settings from other posts and got my Hack to 16644, an alltime high for me.

Thanks for all the help...

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 11.58.34.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back