Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
eighteesix said:
Absolutely. I'm gonna pony up my fans on the back of the case with the H60. fan, radiator, fan. all blowing out :p
What fans are you using?

I wonder how it would perform with a pair of Gentle Typhoon AP-13s. It would be silent, I wonder if it would give decent temps as well though.

the machine is already very quiet. the back 120mm fan was standard on the case. meaning corsair. the other fan came with the h60---another corsair fan. they are not loud by any means. i cant really hear them at idle. we'll see what happens.

eighteesix said:
the machine is already very quiet. the back 120mm fan was standard on the case. meaning corsair. the other fan came with the h60---another corsair fan. they are not loud by any means. i cant really hear them at idle. we'll see what happens.
My machine is pretty quiet to be honest, but I'll always want it quieter until it's literally making no noise. :p

IMO, to get your machine to be quiet, you should get a silent case instead of silent fans, unless you are not looking to overclock.

YML said:
IMO, to get your machine to be quiet, you should get a silent case instead of silent fans, unless you are not looking to overclock.
I've thought about getting a really quiet case like a Fractal Design Define R3, but I think it would be a fair chunk of money to spend just to get my PC a tiny bit quieter.

my corsair 600T was pricey but very nice. and quiet. wonderful case

After installing the H60 with only one fan (i need more long screws for the other), I'm happily getting 52-57C under stress load. massive improvement :)

question. if i sandwich my H60 between two fans on the back of the case, should they both blow inward, towards the CPU? doesnt the back fan be default blow air out?

edit: i let it run for 30more min. it eventually ran up to 64C. im gonna add that other fan. not sure why its so high at stock settings. annoying

Have you installed the F4 BIOS with the DSDT that discreetlogic posted?

Did you try f5 with macman/tonymac's dsdt?

I'm running with that now, and it's worth checking out too.

I patched the dsdt for f4 because at that time tony's were f3.

I'll check it out, at the moment i have F5 bios w/ dsdt f5 from dsdt database. but will look into dsdt by discreetlogic and post up any changes. thanks :headbang:

kazuya said:
Has anybody gotten the audio onboard to work in SL? I tried using multibeast for the audio, and it's detected in system profile. But there's a consistent hissing/pop which I can't seem to get rid of!

I had even tried deleting the applehda kext and reinstalling the kext in multibeast, but the hissing is still there.

Please help.
i upgraded from sl to lion and had no audio , after running the multi beast for lion 4.x, but i ran the older one for sl 3.9 i think it was and now it is fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back