Do I need to do anything special to get MSI 560TI to work

pleas need help with setting up MultiBeast, cant get graphics card working

OSX/ ML 10.8

mother board / GIGA UD5-B3
graphics card / MSI 560ti

cheers

Hey,smolderas

Hey,smolderas

Thanx for getting back to me, I have had my build for one month still cant run OSX
First time I got lucky with lion 10.7, upgread to 10.7.4 and that missed up everything, its been hole month now i have not installed osx

trying ML, see if i can install with out major problem, as you can tell am a NOOB lol, need all the help I can get.

cheers

Fresh install of SL, ran updatehelper, restarted, ran combo update, restarted, ran muti beast with DSDT user with standard options (I can provide options if needed) restarted done. Works great. Downloaded ML ran Uni-Beast ML. (I have a GTX 680 so for me "graphicsEnabler=no"

Everything loaded fine. I ran into issues and had to redue it several times due to wrong items checked in muti beast.
If i used user DSDT it would KP
If i used user and no DSDT it would KP
If I used FakeSMC and / or Bootload it would panic.

What worked for me and my board was. Easy, Repair permissions, Audio/USB/Lnx2mac's Ethernet.
Works great.
Except i had an issue with the APP store login. I fixed that with help from here using EFI studio and I had an issue where if i check TRIM for my SSD in muti beast i would lock up on the desktop. I found through OSx86 Groths.org he wrote a nice patch for SSD's works great and provides SMART monitoring.

Hey great info, PC tp MAC.
If I boot od my unibeast stick everything is fine, iTunes, app store, no Panic attacks :)
I going thru the same process.
With my DSDT and System Utilities it work load fine but my screeen went all weird, Had checkers in parts of the screen, I think thats because I run a 550Ti.
With my MB settings from lion I get instant panic... "hold the power button down blah blah...) have to boot up using "-x"
I will try what u have now

Sure. I don't need to upload anything. I will just tell, what I have.

So first the bios settings. See the pictures I uploaded.
Yes I have ga-z68-ud5-b3 on F10 bios.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
"

I have a custom DSDT based on the macman's dsdt plus some patches for internal SATA Drivers.
Then I have a self made SSDT. It won't work, because I have iMac12,2 as definition and I just have 16x and 44x. It doesn't bother me. There is a fix for it, but I dont need it.

my smbios.plist:
"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac12,2</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02FT7U2DHJP</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>
"

After clean ML install I just installed from multibeast 4.6.1 only following:
- Chimera
- Patched AppleHDA->ALC889
- Lnx2Mac's Realtek drivers
- trim enabler (for my ssd)

And I have only the following kexts:
- AppleHDA.kext (from Multibeast) needed for sound
- AppleRTC.kext (self patched, search for my post about it) needed for CMOS reset after reboot
- FakeSMC.kext (from HWMonitor git) needed :)
- IntelThermal.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings
- NouveauSensors.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings
- RealtekRTL81xx.kext (from Multibeast) needed for Ethernet
- SuperIOSensors.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings

And most importantly no NullIntelCPU crap...

For Lion I had a EFI for my SLI graphics and Ethernet (for appstore), but in ML I don't need them.

You know what, there you go. I uploaded all my kexts and my Extra folder. Be careful after extracting. Do chmod -R root:wheel * on kexts and after installing them run following:
"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

Wow, Thanks smolderas !! this is one of the imformitive post I have read on here, Thanks so , so much I will try yr suggestion.

Consider it as my golden guide thread ;-)

Not so Golden for me :(

I've gone from bad to worst..... Ho Hum,

I think this is where I went wrong...

And I have only the following kexts:
- AppleHDA.kext (from Multibeast) needed for sound
- AppleRTC.kext (self patched, search for my post about it) needed for CMOS reset after reboot
- FakeSMC.kext (from HWMonitor git) needed
- IntelThermal.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings
- NouveauSensors.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings
- RealtekRTL81xx.kext (from Multibeast) needed for Ethernet
- SuperIOSensors.kext (from HWMonitor git) dont needed but good for thermal readings

And most importantly no NullIntelCPU crap...

For Lion I had a EFI for my SLI graphics and Ethernet (for appstore), but in ML I don't need them.

You know what, there you go. I uploaded all my kexts and my Extra folder. Be careful after extracting. Do chmod -R root:wheel * on kexts and after installing them run following:
"sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel; sudo kextcache -system-caches"

So does that mean I can disable "NullIntelCPUmanagement" using "SR tools", becuase at the monemt it says enable.
and secondly when you say upload yr kexts my extra folder...... I am a bit lost on this part.
I know where my extra folder is but that just has the plists. and theme. and dtds file. So I figure I am missing something here aye .... Can you tell am not that clever

Well I try not to panic and I just keep preserving and then you learn and learn some more :) and then you some how some way end up with a kernel free panic Hack !!!

And I am proud and very very HAppy to say I have a stable fully funtional System !!!

!00 % working sleep. wake, standbye shut down the lot.
Not 550Ti problems what so ever.

I just finished running some stress testing using Prime 95 for the last 60 mins and all is stable and fine

I think the reason of your KP is, that you tried to disable with some "tool" the already loadad kext.
Try to do it in Single-User mod with kextload or kextunload and then mv or rm the kext. Then kextcache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back