Contribute
Register

Solved > Do the Samsung 970 EVO Plus drives work ? New Firmware Available 2B2QEXM7

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Are you guys just having this problem on Sierra? Im about to do a build with an M.2. 970 Evo plus 1TB in a Z390 M mATX motherboard and i don't wanna do the same mistake. Im planning on running it as a music production build with a gc titan ridge for thunderbolt compatibility and on macOS MOJAVE. :)

Motherboard
gigabyte Z270-HD3
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
AMD Radeon Frontier Edittion
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hey guys I did find the firmware update for the nvme drives

And with the firmware update I was able to format my nvme drive with out if crash/restarting my computer so now Im trying a clone trick to copy over to the nvme insted of installing again will let you know but I have the samsung 970 evo plus 1tb installed

OK update I got mine working off the nvme completly now wow how faster of a boot.

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
i5-7600
Graphics
RX 550
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there,

I have just received my Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) today - last firmware from factory.
Fresh install of macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on it without any problem. Since then, no crash or reboot at all. I will keep you informed of any problem.

8FCB5C95-DECE-4035-A0E7-F868C02C9CEB.jpeg

Motherboard
MS-16P6
CPU
i7-8750h
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti (Mobile)
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi there,

I have just received my Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) today - last firmware from factory.
Fresh install of macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on it without any problem. Since then, no crash or reboot at all. I will keep you informed of any problem.

View attachment 427406
How's going?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hey guys I did find the firmware update for the nvme drives

And with the firmware update I was able to format my nvme drive with out if crash/restarting my computer so now Im trying a clone trick to copy over to the nvme insted of installing again will let you know but I have the samsung 970 evo plus 1tb installed

OK update I got mine working off the nvme completly now wow how faster of a boot.

How did you do the firmware update? I can't get it to boot from the USB and it sounds like you need a windows installation to even booth the firmware ISO from the USB. I'm debating installing Windows on a partition on my main drive just so I can install this damn firmware update lol.

Motherboard
MS-16P6
CPU
i7-8750h
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti (Mobile)
Mobile Phone
Android
Seems perfectly fine till now...
Nice!
Can i upgrade 970EVO+ firmware for my PM981a device? they are related, quite similar! Right?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
How did you do the firmware update? I can't get it to boot from the USB and it sounds like you need a windows installation to even booth the firmware ISO from the USB. I'm debating installing Windows on a partition on my main drive just so I can install this damn firmware update lol.
I had the same problem to start with, ie wouldn't boot the USB stick.
The quickest way I found was to just reset the BIOS to Optimised Defaults - after saving the current settings of course.
It then booted the USB firmware updater just fine.
After the update I went back into the BIOS and restored my old settings.
Nice and easy really.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD530
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone