Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A/3.1 with Thunderbolt card
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvidia 750 Ti
Should be nv_disable=1. However, Clover has change the way to enable/unable the Nvidia drivers for Sierra. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

kext-dev-mode=1 is no longer being used starting with El Capitan. It's now called SIP. See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-workarounds-and-current-information.170611/

Thanks for that, im still on El Capitan though so I need nv_disable=1 right? Im trying to prepare to update to sierra, but thought id get back to on-board graphics before doing the update. Is it ok to update with Nvidia graphics this way without problems? Why cant i get it to boot onboard graphics?

Motherboard
gigabyte z87x-oc
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
gigabyte gtx 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
i can't seem to boot into the install, anyone have any ideas

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
CPU
i7 - 920
Graphics
nvidia 275 GTX 896 MByte
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did exactly as this guide describes. I downloaded the last Clover release, i.e. the Clover_v2.3k_r3899.pkg, installed the package, copied FakeSMC.kext, as well as NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and RealtekRTL8111.kext, into the /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other/ folder, then I "copied" the "Install Sierra macOS" I had previously downloaded, by within the 10.8.5 install, in the El Capitan Application folder ("About this Mac" shows MacPro Mid 2010, and Sierra was offered for downloading). Eventually I opened Apple Store and choose to install "Sierra". The process immediately started.
1. Step 4 did not apply to me. In my system I have, other than "El Capitan", Windows 10, Mountain Lion, and Snow Leopard, in separate HD; Sierra installer offered only the choice of "El Capitan" system disk (obviously).
2. I made the choice, and in a couple of minutes the system rebooted;
3. At Clover Boot Menu I did not have the time to press the space bar for entering options; the system went in panic state and rebooted; this second time I paid more attention, and pressed the right/left arrows to move among the options; then I choose the Install Mac OS option, pressed the space bar, and a list of options appeared. None of these was Without Caches, or similar, nor Inject Kexts was present as well (I presume the procedure described by the Administrator refers to a different Clover release). I tried to write "-t" and "-T", but did not find the possibility of writing myself, as I did with the previous Clover release. So I choose "safe" ("-x") and "verbose" ("-v"). Then I started the boot, and the system kept on tracing strings on the screen for more than 15 minutes. Then I reset and turned off the system (to avoid unreversible damages), reverting to the fully working "El Capitan" 10.11.2, wandering if it would be better, and safe, for me to try to update to 10.11.6, or not.
Could anyone improve my understanding and tell me if and where I'm wrong, or could the Administrator upgrade the procedure referring to the last release of Clover?
Thank you all.
MOBO: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 - BIOS F13
i7 920

RAM 6GByte
Nvidia GeeForce 275GTX 896 MByte
SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB
What works in El Capitan 10.11.2 (installed on October 31, 2016, TonyMac Unibeast-Multibeast)
Everything
:
Full resolution HD --> DVI Graphics,
Ethernet RTL 8111,
Audio (3 in 1 External via line-out, didn't test Audio through Hdmi yet);
Usb Philips WebCam;
Resume after sleep.
The El Capitan installation looks the fastest among all the other OS's I have installed in my old bios system (Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, Mountain Lion 10.8.5, Snow Leopard 10.6.8).
What does not work:
Sometime the system takes a long time for shutting down. The Reboot is always "normal".

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Same issue, the latest clover doesn't have a boot without caches option. I tried manually doing NoCaches in the config.plist but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

It hangs up a few lines after "NVDAStartup: Official". A few timeout messages pop up (busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0) 'X86PlatformPlugin', 'NVDAHal', 'NVDA,Display-A', 'IOHDACodecFunction', 'IOResources'), then "Waiting for DSMOS", and it just sits. The same thing happens if I use nv_disable=1.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks.
I feel a little stupid, but i cant boot without cache and i cant insert kexts. If i hit the space bar on the clover start up screen on the [boot macos install] i get a bunch of options but not the two required. Cant find them anywhere. Any ideas much appreciated! (I booted with no options klicked but (nvida web insert) and the installer is installing. Im just worried it wont start after. Thanks! Pold

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If i hit the space bar on the clover start up screen on the [boot macos install] i get a bunch of options but not the two required
No longer included in Clover - You could always use an earlier version of Clover or just go ahead without them.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No longer included in Clover - You could always use an earlier version of Clover or just go ahead without them.
Thanks P1lgrim, actually it worked to my surprise. so i run the latest clover and latest boot loader. I did not restart without chaches and i did not insert the kexts. but it still works!

One Question: i didn't not have the FakeSMC.kext in my kexts/other folder before. Do i need it, its in there now. what does it do exactly?
My HDMI Audio doesn't seem to work any more. I have the "HDMIAudio.kext" inn the other folder (shall i move the kexts to the 10.12 folder?
I also use the BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but not sure what they so. Im sorry i set up my system a few month back and was very happy that it was running, im not to familiar with the too tecky stuff :)

Thanks
Pold