HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One Question: i didn't not have the FakeSMC.kext in my kexts/other folder before. Do i need it, its in there now. what does it do exactly?
FakeSMC.kext is the only absolutely mandatory kext, and is required for booting the system.
FakeSMC.kext should be installed to /Library/Extensions on your system drive.
When you perform an upgrade the installer cannot access the FakeSMC.kext on the hard drive so we include it in
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. This also enables you to use the Recovery partition.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 950 Windforce
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. Strongly i cant find Library/Extentions folder any more in sierra. But i guess it will be in the right spot since everything is working so far.
Besides HDMI audio and sleep (i use darkwake, and dart=0)
Does placing Kext into the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 load them automatically up on reboot?
Thanks

Motherboard
Dell inspiron 14 7437 series
CPU
intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz)
Graphics
intel hd 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks P1lgrim, actually it worked to my surprise. so i run the latest clover and latest boot loader. I did not restart without chaches and i did not insert the kexts. but it still works!

One Question: i didn't not have the FakeSMC.kext in my kexts/other folder before. Do i need it, its in there now. what does it do exactly?
My HDMI Audio doesn't seem to work any more. I have the "HDMIAudio.kext" inn the other folder (shall i move the kexts to the 10.12 folder?
I also use the BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but not sure what they so. Im sorry i set up my system a few month back and was very happy that it was running, im not to familiar with the too tecky stuff :)

Thanks
Pold
hey, i'm having the same problem as yours that i can't find "run without caches" anymore with new version of clover, but i only see "run without kext injected" only. so i run with that "run without kext injected", but when apple logo finish to load my screen only show this >>>>>>> :beachball: <<
i also tried your method that start install mac osx without inserting fakeSMC in 10.12 folder. the output is just the same :beachball:... can u help me? or can anyone guide me??
thanks in advance

Motherboard
GA-Z77x-UP5 TH v1.0 BIOS: F12J
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000 - Apple Thunderbolt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I successfully updated from 10.11.6 to 10.12 with latest FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e in my kexts/other folder without caches and Inject kext, so far so good.
But what about installing/updating other kexts? Do I need to run MultiBeast to install/update them?

N.B. In my /Library/Extensions I only find old versions of FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e and none of SATA, FakeSMC, ... ?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully updated from 10.11.6 to 10.12 with latest FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e in my kexts/other folder without caches and Inject kext, so far so good.
But what about installing/updating other kexts? Do I need to run MultiBeast to install/update them?

N.B. In my /Library/Extensions I only find old versions of FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e and none of SATA, FakeSMC, ... ?
Now that you've got Sierra installed, moved the kexts out of other to the Desktop and run KextBeast selecting the /Library/Extensions/ folder. Reboot and run MultiBeast for Sierra (v9.0.1) for you configuration. (I save my MultiBeast configuration before I leave MultiBeast so I can easily perform this activity in the future.)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 8gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sunday 11-6-16 12PM CST

I was able to use the op's method by using Clover_v2.3k_r3899 and putting the following kext
Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.11.35 PM.png

in the folder /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Running the installer
On restart selecting 'Nvidia Web Driver' option and 'Verbose mode' (to see errors) and selecting the first selection available, something like '...Cancel Intel hibernate...' and hitting 'ENTER' to begin the installer with those options.

This worked and the install proceeded.

After I logged into my mac I had to update to newer Nvidia Web Driver.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I figured adding those kexts would probably work and I accidentally selected that option, it just so happened to work.

Here are my mac specs in Sierrra.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.21.46 PM.png

Maybe this will help someone :)

Motherboard
GA-Z77x-UP5 TH v1.0 BIOS: F12J
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
HD4000 - Apple Thunderbolt
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thank you Stork for your clarification and your tip: I also saved my configuration for future use.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iBook
What I did: I removed GPU, installed Sierra and Clover boot loader, booted again but from HDD without GPU, placed those 2 kexts to S/L/E, rebuild cache, booted again to make sure kexts are not causing any problems. Then I put GPU back and booted to Sierra from HDD with proper boot args.

BTW, I took NVDAStartup.kext and IOPCFamily.kext from my working El Capitan partition.
look at the calendar...this much took me to figure out how to do it, finally enjoying my graphic cards and the beautiful sound of my rig. Thank you very much:clap:
What I did, removed GPU, reinstall sierra from working el capitan having two partitions with two capitanes, just in case. Then Sierra install went smoothly but for those like me who may not know many technical words, I finally downloaded kext wizard to rebuild caches and after that and with the same kext wizard install ALC898. Reinstall my GPU GeForce 650Ti Boost and voila!
oh man it's getting harder every upgrade but if I could, trust me, anyone can.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Formula
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I wonder if you can upgrade from version 10.12 to 10.12.1 and as thanks verison

Note: auto_install with Clover
excuse my English use a translator

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I wonder if you can upgrade from version 10.12 to 10.12.1 and as thanks verison

Note: auto_install with Clover
excuse my English use a translator
Yes. I went to App Store->Updates and there was 12.1 and iTunes update available. I selected Update all and walked away. Updates downloaded and installed, rebooted automatically. I had to do nothing for successful update.