Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

From Post #1:

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
Established Clover users on OS X El Capitan who wish to update directly to macOS Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. This fully native method requires no USB creation or preparation.

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I don't end up with a broken system as it is used for my wifes work.

"Established Clover users" - what does that really mean? Users that only rely on Clover for their system to function? In that case I am included in this group I guess.

Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure I don't end up with a broken system as it is used for my wifes work.

"Established Clover users" - what does that really mean? Users that only rely on Clover for their system to function? In that case I am included in this group I guess.
I means those users who are already using Clover and have their systems working/booting with Clover.

Was able to get this to work on my Intel NUC NUC5i7RYH. I missed the part about loading the ktext files. Spent most of last noght trying to get this to work trying other posts. This one only to an hour to work.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-11_18-27-33.png
    upload_2016-11-11_18-27-33.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 322
I managed to boot Clover from usb with option to boot in macOS Install, so I could install update from disk where I have El Capitan currently. But I always get this screen from attachment. I tried to boot "Without Cache" and "Without Cache" & "Inject Kext" options, with and without nVidia disable, but every time it stops at this point.

Any help?

IMG_20161113_152042.jpg

I managed to boot Clover from usb with option to boot in macOS Install, so I could install update from disk where I have El Capitan currently. But I always get this screen from attachment. I tried to boot "Without Cache" and "Without Cache" & "Inject Kext" options, with and without nVidia disable, but every time it stops at this point.

Any help?

View attachment 220374

Getting the exact same error as above. I've updated Clover and Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts is removed from Clover now.

panic 0xffffff800077316e Hi I've read all the post on this thread and tried related stuff but I keep getting this error whenever I try to boot the Sierra Install from Clover. Does anyone have any ideas? - Thanks Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 129
I successfully updated my machine to Sierra 10.12.1!

Though I'm have two booting issues that I've forgotten how to fix:

1. I have to select "Boot Mac OS with selected options"

2. Intermittently on boot, I get the void (no disk found) icon & have to reboot, sometimes several times before the system will load. I do have Test2.efi in EFI>CLOVER>drivers64UEFI

Last edited:
Update went smooth. Backed up El Cap with CCC, updated clover GUI app as well as the clover bootloader downloaded os Sierra and restarted. No additional option needed to be selected on the clover boot screen, only thing I lost was audio and that was fixed by running Toledos updated script.

Installation went smooth but it says not enough space!! how to proceed?

Here's how I did the backup of beta Sierra.

Required: Formatted spare drive with an empty EFI partition. Copy Copy Cloner (CCC) or SuperDuper.
:ch:Clone (backup) your current OS X partition to the backup drive.
:ch:Open the Terminal and execute the following command:
Code:
diskutil list
:ch:Find your EFI partitions from the output of the above command:
disksXs1 > your current installation EFI partition
disksYs1 > your backup EFI partition​
:ch:Mount each EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3 - be sure to keep track of which EFI is what as they will both mount on your Desktop as EFI.
:ch:Copy the EFI folder (within the EFI partition) from the installation drive to the EFI partition of the backup drive.​
You can test your backup by booting into your BIOS, selecting the Backup drive as your boot drive, save and boot to the Backup drive. Everything should work fine. If so, reboot into the BIOS, re-select the installation drive, save and boot into the installation drive.

Kinda lost here. I backed up and then did the terminal and executed the command. Got the EFI partition mounted the partition but there is nothing there to keep going with. Need some help if possible...Anyone! Will need to walk through this together. And thank you.

Back