i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I added RealTek kext and nullpower to my clover other folder, and that *seemed* to do the trick.. just a fyi.. will test it again since I did this on my cloned drive first to see if it actually works.

NullCPUPowermanagement isn't needed. You may need too generate a new SSDT.

Motherboard
MSI Z97 GAMING 5
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690K
Graphics
Gainward GeForce GTX 970 Phoenix
Hi, I've a question about updating Clover.
According to Clover Configurator my current booted revision is 3320,
but if I'm updating Clover (by running the installer and install to my Fusion Drive) and rebooting I'm still in 3320.
What am I doing wrong?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
did as said. mac restarted, loading bar appeared. After loading (took a while) a grey screen appeared with the marble of doom :beachball: ... Then I waited some time, got fed up and shut the mac down (holding power button) ... My El Cap still works.

Any ideas?

I experienced a similar situation. I also tried to boot using the USB Sierrra guide, with negative results.
Seems like im stuck on sound assertion, and then it times out after 24o seconds.. :/ anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 217451

We you ever able to get past the kernel panic? I have a similar situation.

Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. Portable
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's how I did the backup of beta Sierra.

Required: Formatted spare drive with an empty EFI partition. Copy Copy Cloner (CCC) or SuperDuper.
:ch:Clone (backup) your current OS X partition to the backup drive.
:ch:Open the Terminal and execute the following command:
Code:
diskutil list
:ch:Find your EFI partitions from the output of the above command:
disksXs1 > your current installation EFI partition
disksYs1 > your backup EFI partition​
:ch:Mount each EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3 - be sure to keep track of which EFI is what as they will both mount on your Desktop as EFI.
:ch:Copy the EFI folder (within the EFI partition) from the installation drive to the EFI partition of the backup drive.​
You can test your backup by booting into your BIOS, selecting the Backup drive as your boot drive, save and boot to the Backup drive. Everything should work fine. If so, reboot into the BIOS, re-select the installation drive, save and boot into the installation drive.
FYI, I did as you suggested above. After I test booted into my cloned startup system with it's own EFI everything worked, but when I tried to restart from my main SSD nothing worked. Complete unhappy darkness. I couldn't even boot from my USB. I then took my cloned drive and EFI partition to a Mac I have in the house, stuck the drive in a HD cradle, loaded the EFI, erased it. Then I reset the BIOs from the motherboard jumper. I was able to load my original startup drive and EFI. When I added back the backup drive with the empty EFI, everything was fine. I think I'd be too scared to try this again.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can anyone recommend a solution? Getting this everytime I try to install Sierra no matter selection (cache/kext/etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_3973.JPG
    IMG_3973.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 112
Motherboard
Dell NW73C
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I went through the upgrade process and was able to get into Sierra normally, but there's one small annoyance left. Everytime it boots, I have to go into the Clover settings and change SMBIOS definition from MacPro3,1 to MacPro5,1 otherwise it will hang and shut itself down. The weird thing is that I even changed the default settings in config.plist in the EFI partition to MacPro5,1, this would still happen .The SMBIOS setting even shows Mac5,1 but if I let it boot automatically, it will shut down, I have to go into the SMBIOS setting at boot time and exit in order for it to boot properly. Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: fixed by myself, just went through this guide on how to set up SMBIOS, I actually only changed the Rt Variables and it already worked.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iBook
What I did: I removed GPU, installed Sierra and Clover boot loader, booted again but from HDD without GPU, placed those 2 kexts to S/L/E, rebuild cache, booted again to make sure kexts are not causing any problems. Then I put GPU back and booted to Sierra from HDD with proper boot args.

BTW, I took NVDAStartup.kext and IOPCFamily.kext from my working El Capitan partition.
Okay, first off thanks for helping. I had to start all over again. I have very good sierra install but without GPU, everytime I put it back acts weirdly so now only 3k onboard graphics wich is very good. I tried multibeast, and got error at installation, wifi working fine, no sound. So I missing something I am on 10.12.1 already. which are your boot args? Thanks again.

Motherboard
Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
CPU
i5 6600K @ 4.5Ghz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi there!

My folder EFI-Clover-Kexts-10.11 is empty. Even the "other" folder is empty.

When installing I just used kexts that were included in MultiBeast and added one using Kext Beast for sound after sleep. All kexts are in Library-Extensions, including FakeSMC.kext.

What should I do in this situation?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
HI
I cant finish the upgrate. It crashes on the black loading screen with the apple logo on the final re boot... what can i do?

Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A/3.1 with Thunderbolt card
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvidia 750 Ti
Do my graphics need to be on board graphics to do this update?

Im trying to get to boot without graphics card in el capitan before update but am having trouble. I actually want to get rid of my graphics card anyways as I dont think i need it. I get stuck at a bunch of sandbox messages when using these bootflags:

nv_disable
darkwake=2
dart=0
-v
kex_dev_mode=1