Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Thank you Stork for your clarification and your tip: I also saved my configuration for future use.

What I did: I removed GPU, installed Sierra and Clover boot loader, booted again but from HDD without GPU, placed those 2 kexts to S/L/E, rebuild cache, booted again to make sure kexts are not causing any problems. Then I put GPU back and booted to Sierra from HDD with proper boot args.

BTW, I took NVDAStartup.kext and IOPCFamily.kext from my working El Capitan partition.
look at the calendar...this much took me to figure out how to do it, finally enjoying my graphic cards and the beautiful sound of my rig. Thank you very much:clap:
What I did, removed GPU, reinstall sierra from working el capitan having two partitions with two capitanes, just in case. Then Sierra install went smoothly but for those like me who may not know many technical words, I finally downloaded kext wizard to rebuild caches and after that and with the same kext wizard install ALC898. Reinstall my GPU GeForce 650Ti Boost and voila!
oh man it's getting harder every upgrade but if I could, trust me, anyone can.

Hello, I wonder if you can upgrade from version 10.12 to 10.12.1 and as thanks verison

Note: auto_install with Clover
excuse my English use a translator

Hello, I wonder if you can upgrade from version 10.12 to 10.12.1 and as thanks verison

Note: auto_install with Clover
excuse my English use a translator
Yes. I went to App Store->Updates and there was 12.1 and iTunes update available. I selected Update all and walked away. Updates downloaded and installed, rebooted automatically. I had to do nothing for successful update.

Hi there!

My folder EFI-Clover-Kexts-10.11 is empty. Even the "other" folder is empty.

When installing I just used kexts that were included in MultiBeast and added one using Kext Beast for sound after sleep. All kexts are in Library-Extensions.

Is this unusual / a problem? Can I just upgrade without any kext copying?

Hi there!

My folder EFI-Clover-Kexts-10.11 is empty. Even the "other" folder is empty.

When installing I just used kexts that were included in MultiBeast and added one using Kext Beast for sound after sleep. All kexts are in Library-Extensions.

Is this unusual / a problem? Can I just upgrade without any kext copying?
MultiBeast installs the kexts in L/E where they belong so they get included in the cache builds. Having the kexts in Clover/kext folders is only needed when installing.

MultiBeast installs the kexts in L/E where they belong so they get included in the cache builds. Having the kexts in Clover/kext folders is only needed when installing.
So I should be able to just hit upgrade?

So I should be able to just hit upgrade?
If you are going 10.12.0->10.12.1 certainly you can update. Go to App Store->Update page and click update button.

If you are going 10.12.0->10.12.1 certainly you can update. Go to App Store->Update page and click update button.

No, I want to upgrade from El Capitan 10.11.5.

No, I want to upgrade from El Capitan 10.11.5.
From Post #1:

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
Established Clover users on OS X El Capitan who wish to update directly to macOS Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. This fully native method requires no USB creation or preparation.

Back