Clover with the old guard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just plug QPI into clover conf

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU

Ah, and now I know where 620 came from

<key>QPI</key>
<string>4800</string>
System Profiler calls it Processor Bus Speed or Bus Speed. Chameleon has an algorithm for calculating this value for Nehalem CPUs (, which is however not correct). Clover has a corrected algorithm according to Intel data sheets. AppleSmbios sources describe two variants: either SMBIOS already contains this value as specified by the vendor, or it is calculated by the formulae BusSpeed*4.

My CLK is 155. So, 155*4=620

I'll try changing it and report. ;)

Yeah I tried that, I fiddled with those values but noticed no difference. I wonder why Chimera reports it as Processor Interconnect Speed and Clover as Bus Speed. If it's purely cosmetics I really don't care all that much, I'm just trying to narrow down what the difference is. I want the system to perform on clover at least as well as it did on Chimera... is that too much to ask??? :)

Yeah I tried that, I fiddled with those values but noticed no difference. I wonder why Chimera reports it as Processor Interconnect Speed and Clover as Bus Speed. If it's purely cosmetics I really don't care all that much, I'm just trying to narrow down what the difference is. I want the system to perform on clover at least as well as it did on Chimera... is that too much to ask??? :)

Worked for me! It went up from 1836/6779 to 1837/8529 on Geekbench. It's like I got one more CPU, K00L! :D

This is the diff between configs:
Code:
 	<key>CPU</key>
 	<dict>
 		<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
 		<integer>155000</integer>
 		<key>FrequencyMHz</key>
 		<integer>3410</integer>
 		<key>QPI</key>
 		<integer>5580</integer>
 	</dict>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 6.35.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 6.35.44 PM.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 533
Finally I get my system fully bootable with Clover, iMessage, Audio, Internet, everything is working except for the SATA 3, so I bought a PCI-E card to fix it.

I'll take a look to the system performance tomorrow to know if I lose a lot with the change.

Thank you.

Congrats! Did you have to call Apple Care for iMessage?

Worked for me! It went up from 1836/6779 to 1837/8529 on Geekbench. It's like I got one more CPU, K00L! :D

This is the diff between configs:
Code:
 	<key>CPU</key>
 	<dict>
 		<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
 		<integer>155000</integer>
 		<key>FrequencyMHz</key>
 		<integer>3410</integer>
 		<key>QPI</key>
 		<integer>5580</integer>
 	</dict>

Where did you get this parameters? The Frequency maybe from the motherboard (mine is at 3.4GHz right now so I'll have to write 3400?) and the QPI? how did you get this number?.

Thanks.

Where did you get this parameters? The Frequency maybe from the motherboard (mine is at 3.4GHz right now so I'll have to write 3400?) and the QPI? how did you get this number?.

Thanks.

It's all in BIOS. Basically, it's your BCLK*multipliers. BCLK normally is 133, since PCI days, unless you kicked it up and overlocked to 160, like Spos did. :) So, for 133 your multiplier will be 26 and the actual freq for CPU is 3458. But you'll have to look up QPI, I don't have data to calculate it. Default is x36.

In BIOS go to M.T.I. -> M.T.I. Current Status. It will be all there. Don't miss that some numbers you need to enter in MHz and some in Hz!

Ysko, I have a question to you. Did you match your spec with MBP or just copied UUID, ROM and MLB?

It's all in BIOS. Basically, it's your BCLK*multipliers. BCLK normally is 133, since PCI days, unless you kicked it up and overlocked to 160, like Spos did. :) So, for 133 your multiplier will be 26 and the actual freq for CPU is 3458. But you'll have to look up QPI, I don't have data to calculate it. Default is x36.

In BIOS go to M.T.I. -> M.T.I. Current Status. It will be all there. Don't miss that some numbers you need to enter in MHz and some in Hz!

Ysko, I have a question to you. Did you match your spec with MBP or just copied UUID, ROM and MLB?

Thank you m4c0ser!.

I just copied UUID, ROM, MLB and Serial Number from my MacBook Pro, I don't know if that's not a good way to do it but by now it works like a charm.

EDIT: Finally I removed everything because jaymonkey advice me that what I did was dangerous and I followed this guide - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302347-clover-imessagefacetime-fix-for-yosemite/ - (simpler than one from jaymonkey) then called apple support and I have iMessage working again.

I called them today. I had to wait a little, but the rest was super easy, all they asked is my AppleID.

Yeah! So simple, isn't it?. One question, which system definition are you using? I tried iMac 13,3 and I got a very poor performance, now I'm running iMac 11,1 (I think, I don't have the hackintosh here) and I get double performance..

Yeah! So simple, isn't it?. One question, which system definition are you using? I tried iMac 13,3 and I got a very poor performance, now I'm running iMac 11,1 (I think, I don't have the hackintosh here) and I get double performance..

I'm using iMac11,3, it has 2.93 GHz Core i7 (I7-870) in the spec. iMac11,1 has 2.8 GHz Core i7 (I7-860). Should be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back