Contribute
Register

Clover with the old guard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, in addition to kexts.

oh great! This is really helpful!! Where can I go to really understand how to configure and fine tune my installation. Some of the existing guides for my chip and board are super vague or have dead links. I have a i7-970 gulftown chip, ga-x58a-ud3r rev 2.0, bios fh (latest bios). I really want to be better at diagnosing and tweaking but i don’t know where to start. Using latest clover 5099, and catalina. (Or rather i will once i try that ich10 fix tonight)

Thanks for answering all my questions, really appreciate it!

I ended up using this method, and I have successfully installed and booted in Yosemite with Clover...

for other readers:
1. Used UniBeast USB to install Yosemite. (for me: PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes) Guides are located on this site..
2. Upon Install Reboot used UniBeast to boot back into the drive (PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
3. Installed Clover using the Part 4 of the most recent tonymacx86 Yosemite/Clover guide (link in my first post)..

On to the next issue - it shuts down unexpectedly after 10-12 minutes... no error, or warning... have to look into that :)

it doesn't seem iMessage isn't working either :/ It activated for a second, the machine unexpectedly shut down, and won't activate again. plus the shutdown issue. going to go through the debug guides for iMessage..

Its progress...
I have the same issue with restarting when it’s almost done with installation, let me know if you figured it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back