Contribute
Register

Clover with the old guard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing out the C and P States!!!! That helped with the Performance before/after sleep issue! Now I get the betterish performance right on first boot.

I am attaching pictures of the set-up. I tried playing the DSDT Patches like Hpet, ACPI option, Kernel options (AICPUPM, Kernel PM) Nothing has really changed the performance. Quite annoying to say the truth!

so, are you getting this -- "Clover after sleep: 2004/9398"? on what spec? Just C/P states did nothing to me, really. Not until I changed from iMac5,1 to iMac11,3.

I changed from MacPro 5,1 to iMac 11,3 as you suggested and I still get the same performance drop.

On multi processor and Open GL is not that significant <10% but in single core its far more significant about 25% loss.

The C/P states fixed the before after sleep on both MacPro 5,1 and iMac 11,3

Open GL:
Chimera: 57.01
Clover: 53.75

Multicore:
Chimera: 561
Clover: 559

Single Core:
Chimera: 110
Cover 89

I am using Cinebench because it doesn't require internet to show scores and it does OpenGL

I am overclocking my system significantly. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Yes, my Audio is working. I was writing about it here http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate...uard-ga-x58a-ud3r-rev-2-0-a-6.html#post919697. I don't have the hdafix. Yours can be different on rev2 though.

Hey m4c0ser,

How does your system profiler show Bus/QPI Speed??

Check out the images below look at the system hardware overview:
Chimera: System Interconnect Speed: 5.8GT/s (Way better performance)
Clover: Bus Speed: 640Mhz (Poor performance)

I tried all definitions (MacPro 3,1; 5,1 iMac 11,1; 11,3; 13,1) they make no difference.

Anyone has any ideas as to how I can get Clover to detect System Interconnect Speed instead of Bus Speed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 8.48.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 8.48.02 AM.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 10.40.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 10.40.34 AM.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 176
Finally I get my system fully bootable with Clover, iMessage, Audio, Internet, everything is working except for the SATA 3, so I bought a PCI-E card to fix it.

I'll take a look to the system performance tomorrow to know if I lose a lot with the change.

Thank you.

Finally I get my system fully bootable with Clover, iMessage, Audio, Internet, everything is working except for the SATA 3, so I bought a PCI-E card to fix it.

I'll take a look to the system performance tomorrow to know if I lose a lot with the change.

Thank you.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Hey m4c0ser,

How does your system profiler show Bus/QPI Speed??

Check out the images below look at the system hardware overview:
Chimera: System Interconnect Speed: 5.8GT/s (Way better performance)
Clover: Bus Speed: 640Mhz (Poor performance)

Good catch. It's not recognizing right spec/board somehow. Mine is showing Bus Speed: 620Mhz

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 5.39.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 5.39.02 PM.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 587
You can just plug QPI into clover conf

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU

Ah, and now I know where 620 came from

<key>QPI</key>
<string>4800</string>
System Profiler calls it Processor Bus Speed or Bus Speed. Chameleon has an algorithm for calculating this value for Nehalem CPUs (, which is however not correct). Clover has a corrected algorithm according to Intel data sheets. AppleSmbios sources describe two variants: either SMBIOS already contains this value as specified by the vendor, or it is calculated by the formulae BusSpeed*4.

My CLK is 155. So, 155*4=620

I'll try changing it and report. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back