Contribute
Register

Clover with the old guard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any problems with sleep or audio with no DSDT? Or are using Clover to inject audio?

My query is more to what is the problem being addressed in this thread. My vanilla Yosemite install does not have audio yet. I am on the learning curve as this is my third day that I have been jacking with Clover.

On the EX58-UD3R I am installing Yosemite with a UniBeast USB stick and on the second boot and after account setup I am installing Clover to the EFI partition.

On this system I use this set of boot arguments: PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IGPEnabler=No to get into the installer.

I am using a 9600 GT GPU.

Good modding,
neil

Pardon me but I don't understand this problem. I own a GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard which I thought was very close in design and configuration to your X58 motherboard (same chip sets).

And I do not have an issue with Clover and a vanilla install of Yosemite 10.10. (meaning no Chimera and no MultiBeast and no /Extra folder).

Is there something that I am missing? And with Mavericks and Yosemite I do not use a DSDT.aml.

Good modding,
neil

To be honest this is my first go at Clover, and I'm using DSDT from my other working install. I'm doing this mainly for iMessage functionality... but it seems I can't get it to cleanly install, it's extremely slow, and like I said above - never completes after several hours, stuck on verifying install...

Are you using any kexts preloaded on your Clover USB?

I'm going to try sans DSDT, and see what happens.. thanks..

To be honest this is my first go at Clover, and I'm using DSDT from my other working install. I'm doing this mainly for iMessage functionality... but it seems I can't get it to cleanly install, it's extremely slow, and like I said above - never completes after several hours, stuck on verifying install...

Are you using any kexts?

I'm going to try sans DSDT, and see what happens.. thanks..

Hi,

If you boot from a USB-Stick then try to inject USB with Clover Configurator. Before I only had USB 1 and after set all 4 Markers USB 2 went fine. I have an old Gigabyte EP45-UD3R Board, Nvidia GTX 560, DSDT.

Hello guys,

I can't get to the installation screen (Yosemite) but I'm able to start clover screen but it's so weird because I installed clover and Yosemite in two different USB and with one of them I can get the clover install screen but with the other I can't.

Which bootflags should I use? I used -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 apart from the kext-dev... that comes by default with no luck. I followed the main guide.

What should I do?

Hello guys,

I can't get to the installation screen (Yosemite) but I'm able to start clover screen but it's so weird because I installed clover and Yosemite in two different USB and with one of them I can get the clover install screen but with the other I can't.

Which bootflags should I use? I used -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 apart from the kext-dev... that comes by default with no luck. I followed the main guide.

What should I do?

Are you remembering to create your Clover USB Legacy mode? your board does not have UEFI - only legacy AMI BIOS

On the EX58-UD3R I am installing Yosemite with a UniBeast USB stick and on the second boot and after account setup I am installing Clover to the EFI partition.
Good modding,
neil

I ended up using this method, and I have successfully installed and booted in Yosemite with Clover...

for other readers:
1. Used UniBeast USB to install Yosemite. (for me: PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes) Guides are located on this site..
2. Upon Install Reboot used UniBeast to boot back into the drive (PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
3. Installed Clover using the Part 4 of the most recent tonymacx86 Yosemite/Clover guide (link in my first post)..

On to the next issue - it shuts down unexpectedly after 10-12 minutes... no error, or warning... have to look into that :)

it doesn't seem iMessage isn't working either :/ It activated for a second, the machine unexpectedly shut down, and won't activate again. plus the shutdown issue. going to go through the debug guides for iMessage..

Its progress...

Are you remembering to create your Clover USB Legacy mode? your board does not have UEFI - only legacy AMI BIOS

I followed the guide from tonymac and I used the settings on the images (I thought that was for legacy bios) isn't it?. If not, which settings I have to use?.

EDIT: I used exactly this configuration
85982d1394225480-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover-legacy-usb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ysko I would advise installing Yosemite using a UniBeast generated USB installer (see Tony's guide for this).

To get to the installer I used "PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No" so use whatever works for your system.

Only have the target HDD in the system during installation and configuration of Yosemite and Clover.

Upon completion of the install, use the UniBeast USB to boot into Yosemite and walk through the account set screens. At this point eject your UniBeast USB key. Have the Clover installer along with copies of the kexts needed and the appropriate config.plist (again see Tony's Clover guide) on another USB and copy to the desktop.

Follow Tony's instruction to reformat the EFI partition before running the Clover installer app.

NOTE: MY experience is with version Clover_v2k_r2976. I noted that you are using a older version which may or may not have an impact. Also from your list of Clover selections, I also selected the "install RC scripts on the target volume".

In my case I had Yosemite booting using Clover with network working but no sound.

I tried a good number of things to get the audio to work and failed. I ended up going back to my Mavericks 10.9.5 installation and getting copies of AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext and used KextWizard to install in the Clover booted Yosemite.

And that is as far as I went as this is a lab machine and only used for experiments.

Good Modding,
neil

I've been trying to get clover working for me here too, I have a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 (FH) with a i7-950 and gtx 460rv2. Been Running pretty strong since SL, and am currently running 10.9.5.

That being said, I decided to try to make a bootable clover usb just to try booting from clover and seeing how that worked. So far I think there have been problems with the r 88 version of clover, so I think it's best to use 76 till that's sorted out. My progress: I can boot with a bootable usb only if I partition it with the MBR partioning scheme and not a GUID/GPT one. If i partion with a GPT scheme I get the bootaf0: error upon booting that usb. My guess this is something cause with how it reads the mbr? I'm just posting to get my foot in the door so to speak of my progress, but I'll come back with more info.

Edit: I gave it another go, this time I used Unibeast to install Yosemite on a spare harddrive I have in my computer. I Booted Yosemite via my unibeast usb and then installed clover onto the reformatted efi partition of that drive, which seemed to work partly. I could boot to the clover boot menu, but then never got it past [pci configuration begin] no matter what bootflags I threw up. Though I'm probably missing some things out. I'll probably go over my config.plist again tomorrow, compare it to the base ones included in Tonymac's clover tutorial. Weird thing is sometimes it hangs for me when I try to boot with unibeast too so i'm not completely sure it's a clover problem. Alas I have a few more ideas to try.

An added note, when installing clover I don't think any of us with this motherboard need to install drivers in the 64UEFI section of clover, as I understand it these drivers are only loaded for UEFI boards, and since ours are only bios based boards they are probably pointless to have. We just need to worry about the 64bit drivers. Of course I could be completely wrong about that! I would be more than happily corrected by someone who knows more than me (of which there are plenty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back