Contribute
Register

Clover with the old guard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booting the SAME installation from the USB disk I get a geek bench sore of 2500/9445 with Clover I get 1233/5410 that is almost half the performance. Any of you guys have any idea what could be affecting the performance?

Thanks for reporting that, Spos. I have the same problem on the board. Has anybody resolved that???

Thanks for reporting that, Spos. I have the same problem on the board. Has anybody resolved that???

Nothing yet... do you have iMessage working on your system? What System profile do you use?? (MacPro 4,1; 5,1 or an iMac model)

Please be specific. Did you install Yosemite? Did you go through the first boot setup?

Good modding,
neil

When I created the bootable USB and plugged in appears the boot manager screen (grey colour) and I could choose between UEFI USB - DVD - ETC but when I chosen UEFI USB it didn't work. I can't go further than there. What can I do?.

Is the part in the guide that say:

If using a USB 3.0 port, the boot manager screen may appear, at which point proceed with steps a-b.

a. Choose Boot Manager
b. Choose EFI USB Device

But I'm not using USB 3.0 port, I changed the port where I plugged the USB but I had the same problem ..

Nothing yet... do you have iMessage working on your system? What System profile do you use?? (MacPro 4,1; 5,1 or an iMac model)

I didn't work on getting iMessage working, yet, but the message has changed from Chimera/Chameleon. There it was saying that it can't sign in this time or something, now it gives a code to call Apple care. Maybe I should.

I'm using iMac5,1 or some reason. Do you think it could be a problem?

Yes of course. The only bootflags I used where dart=o and kext-dev-mode=1

Kext wise these are on the 10.10 clover folder:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Legacy889HDA.kext

Also added RealtekRTL81xx.kext to the S/L/E Folder (didn't work in the clover folder for some odd reason.

The AppleACPIPlaform is the rollback on maltreats from 10.9.5. That one is extremely important. Without the rollback kernel will crash on book.

I used the DSDT from my previous Multibeast Install

That's pretty much it!

Thank you so much! ;)

I didn't work on getting iMessage working, yet, but the message has changed from Chimera/Chameleon. There it was saying that it can't sign in this time or something, now it gives a code to call Apple care. Maybe I should.

That's awesome, it means that your computer is communicating effectively with Apple Servers. From what I read you are only a phone call away from having it working. How is your clover set up??? Options etc.

Also did you experience the performance boost after system sleep? Look at my pics above. I get almost twice the score on Geekbench after the computer sleeps. Weird stuff!!

By the way, is that iMac 5,1 or MacPro 5,1. iMac 5.1 corresponds to late 2006 iMac and those are not supported in OSX 10.10 so it would be very interesting if it's working, MacPro 5.1 would make more sense since that is 2009-2011. Could you confirm? Thanks!

Not yet, I'm not able to boot with clover, I'm stuck on the boot manager screen where you have to choose UEFI USB, I can't go further from there ..
Create the Clover USB as Legacy. The GA-X58A-UD3R board has no UEFI BIOS, so UEFI booting will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back